Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Malin
Mouseketeer

Epcot Suggestion

Visiting Florida next year in July and planning to have most of the itinerary planned out six months before we visit so we can get all the reservations confirmed well up in advance. While we won't be bothering much in the way of dining reservations. I feel it would be nice to at least give one of the Epcot Restaurants a try when we visit that Park for the day. Since Epcot is the foodie Theme Park in Orlando. I am looking at table service Restaurants to chose from and hoping for your suggestions. We're looking for decent food in a non romantic environment that features a menu which is not to adventurous for the palate. So I've already ruled out Teppan Edo and also not to fussed about Character dining...
Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
MrsMommaRN
Earning My Ears

I would say San Angel is a must. So pretty and cozy. Below is taken directly from WDW's site:

San Angel Inn restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot theme park features Mexican cuisine for lunch and dinner. Modeled after a 17th-century hacienda at the base of Mayan ruins, the restaurant serves an array of zesty specialties.

Starters and Entrees
Order one of many savory appetizers such as Tacos de Chorizo con Papas with fresh salsa verde. Move on to traditional entrees like the Mahi Mahi grilled filet with bell peppers and Spanish onions or Tacos de Ribeye doused in a chipotle pepper sauce.

Desserts
Choose from a selection of classic desserts, like flan or Chocolate Caliente y Churro.

For Guests 21 and Older
Margaritas, wine and Mexican beers are available to Guests 21 years of age or older. Try the handcrafted premium Magic Blue, Pineapple or Blood Orange drink specialties.

The Unique Ambiance
San Angel Inn simmers with romance under perpetual twilight where Mayan ruins lend an ancient ambiance. Sit near the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros attraction and watch the boats drift by as part of this intimate dining experience.
.Guest Policies

•Specialty celebration cakes are available for an additional charge and should be ordered 48 hours in advance by calling (407) 827-2253.
•This location can accommodate most special dietary needs. Advance notice may be required and cancellation fees may apply. Please indicate any special dietary need at time of reservation booking. Learn more about how we can help accommodate special dietary needs.
•This location participates in the Tables in Wonderland program. Participating restaurants are subject to change without notice

Kimberly Jon Zane Zachary
MrsMommaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Malin
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your suggestion

But I did mention looking for something a bit non romantic

Also feel Mexican food might be a little to adventurous for what we're looking for here.
Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier, its the popular restaurant in Canada. I think everyone should try it at least once.

Via Napoli is my favorite restaurant in Epcot, its over in Italy. Delicious pizza, love the atmosphere there.

Les Chefs de France is good if you like french food. Might be able to see Remy from Ratatouille.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
DisneyRunnerChick
Princess of the Sneakers

Love Le Cellier! It's a steakhouse, so you can be as adventurous or unadventurous as you choose to be. Plus, they have pretzel bread that is to die for, so how can you go wrong?!?!

But, if you decide to eat here, be aware that ADRs fill up early.

I've heard Corral Reef is good. It's atmosphere is fun, allowing you to see the aquarium while eating, and the menu is basic fish and steak type dishes.

Me-; DFi-; DS-; DD-
Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2011, 2012; Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2011; Princess Half Marathon 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge 2012; ToT 2012; Wine and Dine Half 2012

Off property 2003; Off property 2004; PC March 2006; POR September 2010; ALSS January 2011; CS March 2011; POR October 2011; YC/PC January 2012; ALSS February 2012; AKL May 2012; POR September 2012; CB September 2012; AoA/ALSMusic November 2012; CSR January 2013

DisneyRunnerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Malin
Mouseketeer

The Disney fan in me really wants to try Le Cellier. How difficult is it to make reservations here in the middle of July. I think likely impossible but this is my preferred choice and I would be online the moment it was made available to book.

Although I do need to consult my friend who'll be joining me and is not a fan of trying new things. In fear of eating something that's going to ruin her meal. I can see where she's coming from and I was very much like her before Disney Dining convinced me that it was ok to try new things.

Steaks are a favorite choice with us both, so Le Cellier and Corral Reef do sound good. Might give Les Chefs de France a miss purely down to the fact we are going to try and reserve a table at the Be Our Guest Restaurant during the trip. So have French cuisine already covered. We are both Brit's and I'm thinking the Rose & Crown would be more suitable for our taste. But it never seems to get a good word of mouth and is always one of the last Restaurants to be fully booked. Anyone on the board recommend it?

Oh also Via Napoli could be a possibility as who doesn't like pizza and pasta.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
ThePrincess&TheJohn
Mouseketeer

How about Biergarten? Definitely more of a casual party atmosphere than a romantic one and the choices are just a bit different from what you might usually be interested in (German versions of pasta and meats, for example). Rose and Crown also could work for your specificiations.
ThePrincess&TheJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Via Napoli is my favorite restaurant in Epcot, its over in Italy. Delicious pizza, love the atmosphere there.

Les Chefs de France is good if you like french food. Might be able to see Remy from Ratatouille.
I agree with these. We LOVE both quite a lot. Id recommend Via since you indicated you wanted a restaurant with a simpler menu. Honestly they really do make the best pizza.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Malin
Mouseketeer

It seems to be a lot of love for Via Napoli. The Disney Food Blog also suggested that particular location. I think I've narrowed it down to 5 places now. So we'll look at the menu's and review it in a few months once the 180 day window opens. If anyone else has suggestions please add. But most likely choices are Via Napoli, Rose and Crown, Corral Reef or Le Cellier. Although Chinese food is loved by us and so might add Nine Dragons.

I have a Magic Kingdom question which I feel I may as well leave up on here. The Wishes Dessert Buffet would anyone recommend ?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Les Chef's, you think French cuisine, but it's not far out French like it's partner upstairs, the Bistro. Les Chefs menu, if you enjoy more simple things would work, the shortibs over noodles is good, as is the filet and potatoes, roast chicken, creme brulee or the profiteroles. The restaurant has nice, casual setting.

Le Cellier I've always enjoyed, it's a steakhouse. They have a beer cheese soup that is different than the typical America versions, we love it! The filet, risotto, mashed potatoes, all really good! I love a good NY Strip!

Rose and Crown is also a choice to consider. They have meat & potatoes, check out their menu on allear.net. The pork, the Sunday Roast, the fish and chips. Really good and tasty, not too adventuresome!

We enjoy Via Napoli but the menu is limited. Not many pasta choices, the mushroom pizza however is outstandin as is the appetizer platter w/ aroncini, calimary etc.

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Goin'Again???Yes!!!
Earning My Ears

My vote is for the Rose & Crown, and an 8:30 ADR would be an ideal location for viewing of Illuminations. We have dined there many times, some meals better than others but never a bad meal and the service has always been great. Great selection of beverages is always a bonus too!

Me , DW, DS(14)DD(13)
Goin'Again???Yes!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Coral reef is a great place for picky eaters. The steak and chicken dishes can be served w/o sauce and with mash potato or fries.
Chefs is good too. I get the braised short ribs. The sauce is good and not weird. DH loves the steak w/o sauce. The first time he got it with and wasn't happy with it. You can also get fries here too.
Our fav is Via Napoli. The pizza is great, DS raves about the sausage it is so fresh tasting! I had the Spag and meatballs and loved it! I have a hard time deciding between the two! The Zepolle for dessert is addicting!
Rose and Crown was good too but the menu has changed and I don't see anything on it that looks plain enough for me. I had the cornish hen w/o sauce with mash potato but that is not on the menu anymore. JMO
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
carstinsmom
Mouseketeer

There is a thread under reservations with lots of great wishes info. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link.
2012- CSR,2011- AKL-2009 GCV first trip to DL, 2009 -SSR - first trip home, 2006 - Christmas at AS Movies, 2004 - First Stay at Pop, 2003 - AS Sports(dd first trip), 1999 - Day Trip,1998 - Off Property (ds first trip), 1995 - Off Property,1994 - Off Property, 1992 - Honeymoon,Contp.&DCL - land and sea
carstinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #14
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier is a must. It has lovely food and nice setting if romantic s what you're after, the only downside is it can feel a little cramped.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #15
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

Dining Suggestions for Epcot

My first vote is Via Napoli, food is excellent, atmosphere excellent. Have you checked out Marrakesh? Went last year with a VERY picky eater and he ended up loving the food, they will customize your meal for you, i.e. take out spice, etc. And we all enjoyed the atmosphere, belly dancing, music.
I haven't been to Le Cellier yet, visiting this in April. Enjoy your trip!

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Bellabully is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: