Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #106
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Back into Epcot around 3:00 PM. I forgot the numbers, but thought it was cool to find a phone booth.

We are heading over to Mexico and Norway for some boat riding fun. I enjoy boats so much.

Mexico.

We stop on the way out as dds want to color a Perry the Platypus. We didn't do the Kim P/Agent P thing, but oldest likes Perry, so we stopped. Then, over to Norway.

Hey, Where's Perry?

Hey, where's Perry?

After the Norway boat ride, off to Ellen's Universe of Energy. I know it's a cheesy ride and filled with propaganda (see, there it is again), but it's still fun.

Over to Mission:Space. I remember riding Horizons on my one trip with my parents those many years ago, but I like the refurb and Lieutenant Dan. Oldest dd and I did the Orange side this year. The G-force is a lot more. She was proud of herself for moving up. Youngest dd and DW did the green side.

While Test Track was closed, GM did put out a few cars to try to appease folks. It didn't work for me, but dds enjoy it. The convertible camera is a sweet ride.

It was close to dinner time and I always enjoy a boat ride. So we thought we would stop here, even if only a few countries away.

It is 6:30 PM and a great day. Let's go eat dinner and get ready for the night shift.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #107
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Great update Norm, I'll have to look for that Cranberry bog in a few weeks, Did you go into the little Viking Museum in Norway, I never even knew it was there until I caught the door opening and someone walking out, It looks kinda like a tower as soon as you walk into the pavilion, next to the Bakery dining area
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #108
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Great update Norm, I'll have to look for that Cranberry bog in a few weeks, Did you go into the little Viking Museum in Norway, I never even knew it was there until I caught the door opening and someone walking out, It looks kinda like a tower as soon as you walk into the pavilion, next to the Bakery dining area
I may have missed that. Is that the one with the troll, coloring station, and perfume? Or, is there another area I missed?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #109
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I may have missed that. Is that the one with the troll, coloring station, and perfume? Or, is there another area I missed?
This is as soon as you turn the corner on your left when entering the pavilion, before you even get to the bakery, like I said I never even knew it was there, wasn't a whole lot in there but it was still cool to discover something new
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #110
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Dinner tonight at Chefs de France. This will be a new dining experience for us.

I start out with French import beer. It is good. I had two.

We have some bread. A warm baguette.

DW had the French Onion Soup. It was a little light, but I don't like a strong onion soup.

I had the Escargot.

I had the filet for dinner and DW had the macaroni and cheese. Both were real good, but apparently , I was too hungry and forgot to photograph them. Oops. I could try a better story like Bomb Voyage and Mr. Incredible had an epic battle in the restaurant that distracted me, but wasn't sure if you all would believe that.

I had the Profiteroles for dessert and DW.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #111
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
This is as soon as you turn the corner on your left when entering the pavilion, before you even get to the bakery, like I said I never even knew it was there, wasn't a whole lot in there but it was still cool to discover something new
I may have missed that. Something n to look forward to next trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #112
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks like you're having a good time.

I really like the live TR format you've got going, but not sure I could ever get myself to do it that way. A few pictures is about the best I think I'd ever be able to do.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #113
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

After dinner, we decided to head over to Germany for the karamel corn at Karamel Kuche. This was highly recommended from the DisDads, but we had never tried it. So, we had to wait 15 minutes as they were making a batch fresh in front of us. We got a to go bag with waters and walked towards SpaceShip Earth.

It was as good as advertised. Delicious. The best I ever had.

So, stuffed from dinner, I crammed down some more food. We finished before we got to SpaceShip Earth, and then inside for the ride.

We did the pictures and emailed them; however, I only DW and oldest dd. If the other shows up, I'll add it.

After Spaceship Earth, it was time for Illuminations. A short walk up, and while very crowded, as it was 8:55 PM, we managed a place to stand over next to the Duffy Store. The two dds were able to lean on the handrail and see much of the ball, and of course the fireworks were awesome.

After that, the park closed and we were tired, but ready for EMH. We headed over for Turtle Time with Crush, as that was a main ride that we had missed earlier that day. It was about a 15 minute wait, I guess to start for EMH, so I sat up front and was able to enjoy the fish in the aquarium while we waited for the show. It was nice to rest too.

With the phone battery about dead, my battery dead, and it being dark, no more pictures for the rest of the night. Soarin had another 45 minute wait, so we did Living with the Land, Circle of Life, and back to Spaceship Earth one more time. Then, we went and picked up our merchandise and pictures from earlier in the day. I guess we could have managed a couple more rides, but we were exhausted at is was close to midnight. We rode the bus back as the monorail was closed. What a magical day.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 09-21-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #114
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like you're having a good time.

I really like the live TR format you've got going, but not sure I could ever get myself to do it that way. A few pictures is about the best I think I'd ever be able to do.
It isn't too bad. I just take the pics with my cell phone and upload them to PB and write the story as I go. Also, the dds are sleeping and it is a good way for me to unwind before I go to sleep, or for me to spend time while they are still sleeping in. With that said, the creatures are stirring. It is a MNSSHP tonight. Will post more pictures.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #115
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

WOW... I'm tired from reading about Epcot. What a great day!

Thanks again for all the updates!! How are the crowds?
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #116
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Lots of fun following along with you! Looks like you got to do a good bit in EPCOT.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Wherem I Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #117
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Lots of fun following along with you! Looks like you got to do a good bit in EPCOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
WOW... I'm tired from reading about Epcot. What a great day!

Thanks again for all the updates!! How are the crowds?
We were able to get all the rides in Epcot, some multiple times. We skip the countries, except for a few. It is either one or the other. Crowds a little bigger than normal October, but not bad at all. I think we spoiled in October the first year with cooler weather and small crowds, and the holiday crowds have caught up.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #118
moose615
DIS Veteran

Awesome report so far, part of it even made me feel like I was there, ok sorry for that cheesy joke, keep up the good work, it's making me look forward to the next trip which will include Epcot
Old 10-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #119
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

A late night made for a late morning. We went to the Wave for lunch, and are just going to hang in the Community Hall, watch some TV, color, play video games, or whatever else the dds want to do to relax unit the MNSSHP.

It started out its some nice beer flights.

The appetizer was 2 crab cakes, the size of quarters and fish tacos. It didn't last long enough to photograph.

I had the Reuben sandwich. It was excellent with a tart dill pickle.

DW had the Cobb salad with steak. Where is the rest of it?

The Wave was OK. The dds did not eat very much and they didn't like it, so we probably wouldn't go back. I'd just assume of to the Contempo Cafe for some sushi. 2 more hours to MNSSHP.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 09-21-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #120
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Thursday and our last full day at WDW. We are headed out for our 2nd MNSSHP of this trip.

Oldest is ballerina and youngest is a cat. Both were dance costumes.

We got in 15 minutes early and photo with Aurora.

Got to see the Main Street Band. First time, and I like marching bands.

Then, front row to watch the castle stage show.

And, almost an hour a wait for Merida. That means it is time for more pin shopping. Darn all the luck.

DW met up with a mom from church who was there with her daughter, the same age as younger dd. Well, you know what happens when that happens. Commando plans on hold and random touring with 8 year olds in charge. First, they did teacups.

Then, we did Indy cars.

Oldest dd drove the whole way and has no sense of driving. 8 year old drives better. She will have to live in Orlando or New York and be dependent on public transportation.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 09-21-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Tags
beer, dads, live, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: