Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #46
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy
I'm a bit confused why she can't go if they are going to a neutral place and you dd takes her own bedding since I see she is with her in school? How is that any different? if she was away from this child it may make sense but if she is seeing her in school in her class she is being just as exposed as she would over the weekend.

Why one place and not the other?
They aren't in class together, only on the same bus. they have spent any time together outside of a 5 minute bus ride for a couple weeks. Yes, she may have been exposed during the bus ride, but I didn't think it was smart to send her for the weekend where they'll be together for 3 days straight, just in case their might be a chance my dd could come home with lice. They don't spend 3 days straight together during school.

We've never had to deal with lice before(knock wood!) and it was my understanding that one needed to continually comb for nits everyday at least until the 2nd treatment was done to be sure it was taken care of.

I'm not really in a position to deal with a lice issue right now as I recently had shoulder surgery and my right arm is useless at the moment making combing hair nearly impossible, stripping beds, vacuuming etc difficult. It's not a risk I was willing to take right now

. Now if dd has already been exposed, of course I'd have to deal with it somehow, but that's different than knowingly sending her away for 3 days with someone that was just treated for lice and could possibly need further treatment, combing etc.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

well that makes more sense that they aren't in the same class. Because I was thinking if they sit next to each other all day what difference would sitting next to each other somewhere else make.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #48
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
I'm still a little flustered by the response I got by the mom... She said you could Get lice anywhere an that it's a good thing dd wasn't going so in cAse she does get lice somewhere I won't be able to say it came from them. Okay...

I do feel like the responsible thing to do would
Be to reschedule for another time, that's what I would have done, but whatever.
You are doing what any NORMAL parent would do, protecting your kid from further unecessary exposure to a child with a case of lice. I have the feeling that this mom has not taken this as seriously as she should and hasn't washed every piece of bedding in her house, bagged up stuffed animals and other items, and actually spent hours looking for nits. This is my worst possible nightmare, and luckily I haven't had to deal with it but my poor sister did recently and she did not give one hair treatment and have the lice and nits go away. It takes at least a couple treatments and cleaning your home thoroughly. I would never expect anyone to want to stay with my possibly nit infected kid for a weekend party. That mom is a idiot and I am suprised at how many people responded here that they would send their kid. Not me! I would be running out to buy some tea tree oil hair products and avoiding close contact with that girl for a little while. Lice is no joke to deal with, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone that I like .
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

The op should or course do what she feels is best but I don't know why anyone would be surprised that some have said they would let their child go. All 3 of my kids have had lice and I have had them all at different times. I have thick coarse curly hair that makes it really hard to use the nit comb. Just never had the. issues getting rid of them that some of you have had. For that reason I just don't freak out about them. RID always worked in two apps.

10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: