Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
disgram
DIS Veteran

Confused

Called yesterday to see about a quick trip with my DGD and wanted to stay at POFQ the week of Nov. 9th thru 15th and the agent told me that the WHOLE resorts were booked because of a convention! What is going on? Tried the week before and it was the same! So now we have to wait till the 2nd of Dec! Pop Warner week!!! Anyone know what is happening those two weeks and what conference could possibly take two weeks!
Has there ever been free dining during this time?
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
cwt580
DIS Veteran

F&W 1/2Marathon, Gartner symposium, ap fantasyland preview, couple other things..

Fd offers just expired 9/29

Last edited by cwt580; 10-05-2012 at 06:18 AM.
cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgram View Post
Called yesterday to see about a quick trip with my DGD and wanted to stay at POFQ the week of Nov. 9th thru 15th and the agent told me that the WHOLE resorts were booked because of a convention! What is going on? Tried the week before and it was the same! So now we have to wait till the 2nd of Dec! Pop Warner week!!! Anyone know what is happening those two weeks and what conference could possibly take two weeks!
From the looks of the website, CBR is booked all standard rooms for Pop Warner week, so it doesn't look like they are staying at POR/POFQ. I am not surprised with the refurb.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
disgram
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the quick answers, cwt 580. Wish that I could change to January for the fd but my DGD has regents in January.
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
cwt580
DIS Veteran

FYI been hearing Fd is no more next yr. Room.discounts and pkg discounts only.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

A package discount has been released for January - March but that does not mean free dining is "no more," just that they are not offering it for January-March next year.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Honestly think they have redone it as a pkg discount. But anyone's guess is as good as mine.

More of a "revamp" of FD. Heard different levels of discount according to your resort and DDP levels. Minimum 2day tix w 3night stay

Cousins work there and said months ago that they heard changes coming.They worked there all their life.

If this true people w AP arent going to be happy w no FD.

Last edited by cwt580; 10-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm thinking there will still be free dining for late August through September. For other dates? Probably not so much.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
Purrkins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgram View Post
I'm the same boat - as of yesterday the Wilderness Cabins were still available 11/11 - 11/15 but as of today they too were sold-out.

Went with the Dolphin hotel which still has rooms as of posting.

Good luck!
Purrkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580
Honestly think they have redone it as a pkg discount. But anyone's guess is as good as mine.

More of a "revamp" of FD. Heard different levels of discount according to your resort and DDP levels. Minimum 2day tix w 3night stay

Cousins work there and said months ago that they heard changes coming.They worked there all their life.

If this true people w AP arent going to be happy w no FD.
Why would AP holders care if no FD? They aren't eligible anyways unless they buy 2 day base tix like ev1 else

OP did u check and see if CSR has availability?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

the F/W 1/2 Marathon is the 10th might be why some of the resorts are sold out. F/W ends the 12th too so probably some last minute visitors for that

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Why would AP holders care if no FD? They aren't eligible anyways unless they buy 2 day base tix like ev1 else

OP did u check and see if CSR has availability?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
my bad. thought AP didnt need to buy tix.....

what im hearing already from alot of posters is that when checking online for next year, alot of dates are filling up. Visa discounts out now are eating up the discounted rooms for certain "hot" dates. Might not be good for GP discount people waitng.

OP....just keep checking for your dates. may snag a cancel. Disney may have some blocked rooms for the convention people and may release unused rooms. Id look for somewhere else. i bet you will find something. checking every am might benefit you in that aspect.....wouldnt count on alot of openings for ADR's though with evrything goin on. also heard epcot is closed the evening of nov 10 for the marathon people to enjoy.

Last edited by cwt580; 10-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
MMS1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
my bad. thought AP didnt need to buy tix.....

what im hearing already from alot of posters is that when checking online for next year, alot of dates are filling up. Visa discounts out now are eating up the discounted rooms for certain "hot" dates. Might not be good for GP discount people waitng.

OP....just keep checking for your dates. may snag a cancel. Disney may have some blocked rooms for the convention people and may release unused rooms. Id look for somewhere else. i bet you will find something. checking every am might benefit you in that aspect.....
they don't to purchase the dining plan. They aren't eligible for FD though unless they buy tickets like everybody else.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
MMS1125

OP if you can change to Nov 11-15 or 16 some value rooms open up. I know it's not ideal when you have FQ as your choice but it's better than not going.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: