Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Gingerbread House on ship

Hi,
Does anyone have any info on this? I thought I read somewhere that you can sign up for make one, and it's one per family or something like that.

Has anyone done this before on the holiday cruises in Dec?

Any pictures?

thanks!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
dibond38
Mouseketeer

We made a gingerbread house on the Dream last year in december. You had to sign up At guest services. It did book up very quickly so get this done ASAP once you are on the ship.

The only bummer was that the house had to stay on the ship. It wasn't allowed through customs. It did make a nice cabin decoration.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Yes, it is comparable to the medium size kits you can purchase for the holidays (on land). You get a ticket at GS; one per family (note, not per cabin if you have 4 people in 2 cabins). They do go fast. On our December Magic cruise, there was a line of people without tickets outside the door--ALL got in as people who had tickets didn't show up (and a little bit of "making space."

Large families (more than 5) were able to get 2 kits--we saw a group of 12 or 13 making 3.

As above, US Customs will not allow them back into the US--eat them or toss them before you get off the ship.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Cost?
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

No charge, but limited seating, so free ticket required. Get ticket at GS on day 1. This is a "first come, first served" deal; make the GS line a priority or they will be all gone.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Does anyone know when this program starts being offered? Is it only in December? We're sailing November 4th.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
NC State Tigger
'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger

For anyone who has done this---when was it offered? Was in on a sea day? Afternoon or morning. Would love to do it! Hope it won't conflict with Palo brunch. Offered on the Fantasy in December?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
Favorite Auntie
8 Disney nieces & nephews!
I'm in the loop now!
The real question should be WHEN do they sleep??
The TF's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Does anyone know when this program starts being offered? Is it only in December? We're sailing November 4th.
It is only offered on the cruises after Thanksgiving. We did it a number of years ago and it was fun, but hard to explan to a 6 yr old that we couldn't take it home... We left it for our room hostess...

MANY IN BETWEEN!!!

Favorite Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Belle4
Mouseketeer

This sounds like fun! Hope we can get a ticket for this. Oh and as the other posted mentioned I hope it doesn't conflict with Palo brunch I have reserved.
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State Tigger View Post
For anyone who has done this---when was it offered? Was in on a sea day? Afternoon or morning. Would love to do it! Hope it won't conflict with Palo brunch. Offered on the Fantasy in December?
On our cruise last December it was offered on the first day which was Nassa. The guests that were there did not want to get off the ship at Nassa or were touring in the afternoon on their own. We had a great time. Make sure you sign up early.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: