Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

An American Disney Fanatic in DLP

We visited DLP for one day in August on a recent trip to Paris. It was myself (40 yr old Disney fanatic who vists WDW 2-3 times per year), husband who also visits WDW frequently and my 13 yr old nephew who shares the Disney freak gene. We took the train from Paris early, arriving at DLP around 9am for a 10am opening. Bought tickets quickly and easily and got on line for Studios park heading straight for Crush & Gusher which we went on first. It was an awesome ride. I wish they would have built this instead of the very lame Nemo ride at WDW. We then spent time at the Toy Story section of the park and enjoyed a few rides there. This section was beautifully done. We saw Cinemagique which we all loved. Great show! We then ate lunch at the Remy themed buffet style restaurant and thought the food was great, the " show" with Remy adorable and the price reasonable for three people with wine less than 90 euro. We then went over to the Disney park and enjoyed every minute of seeing the different castle with dragon and hitting the rides to see how they compared. It was fun to do the " old" version of Pirates and Star Tours. And I loved the park's versions of Small World, the Haunted Mansion and BTM. They were GREAT.

Overall, we had an amazing day. Cast members were very nice and helpful, most other guests were fine and we didn't experience any line cutting. The parks were gorgeous and it was so cool that you could walk so easily between the two. It was an amazing day and we were so happy we got to see DLP!

To answer a question posted elsewhere, "yes". The DLP was as magical as the WDW parks in it's own way. It was visually gorgeous. New and exciting for us with some different rides & attractions. And I honestly liked a few ride versions better- it almost seemed like lessons were learned from WDW that were applied well at DLP.

Last edited by conandrob240; 10-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.
conandrob240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
rockcow
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great time! My family are also American Disney fanatics, but from the west coast. As we live in Colorado, we go to Disneyland once a year. We will be traveling to Paris next June for multiple family celebrations ( 25th anniversary, my 50th birthday, son's college graduation). I'm trying to put off major planning until after the holidays, but your post is making that hard!
rockcow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm pleased you enjoyed your day

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Glad you enjoyed your time in our park and thanks for taking the time to come back and post about your experience
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Glad you liked the park. We also visited WDW and DL all the time and now call DLP home. It is different but good.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Disney Freak Gene!!! Love it!

Glad you enjoyed your visit!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Glad you enjoyed your day (and experienced the magic ) and thanks for sharing with us.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Glad you had a good time . I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay elsewhere too.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Thanks for sharing, as frequent visitors to WDW our last 3 holidays have also been to DLP.
I agree the convenience of having the parks so close together is a real positive, the Disneyland Park is fab, personally I find the Studios lacking in theming and character, but glad you enjoyed it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: