Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
bkjewett
Earning My Ears

Palo reservations

We booked our cruise on the Fantasy somewhat late (nov 24). Palo and Remy are already full except for Pirate night and the last night which I prefer not to do. Will I have any chance of getting a reservation onboard?
bkjewett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjewett View Post
We booked our cruise on the Fantasy somewhat late (nov 24). Palo and Remy are already full except for Pirate night and the last night which I prefer not to do. Will I have any chance of getting a reservation onboard?
Yes. They hold back about half the reservations for onboard booking. Just make your reservations as soon as you get on the ship and you should be fine.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
bkjewett
Earning My Ears

That is great to know! thank you very much
bkjewett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

You will have a pretty good chance of getting reservations on board. They will give you your Navigator when you check in. Take a look inside for the location/time to go for Palo reservations and plan on hitting that as soon as you can get there. Here's some to help.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Pirate Night is actually the night we prefer to go to Palo as we found the menu to be our least favorite. In fact, I'll be booking Palo tomorrow for our January cruise on Pirate Night.

The parties take place between early and late seating and then another with fireworks after late seating, so you won't miss much unless you're desiring to attend dinner in pirate garb.
jkrislc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrislc View Post
Pirate Night is actually the night we prefer to go to Palo as we found the menu to be our least favorite. In fact, I'll be booking Palo tomorrow for our January cruise on Pirate Night.

The parties take place between early and late seating and then another with fireworks after late seating, so you won't miss much unless you're desiring to attend dinner in pirate garb.
That's actually our preferred night too. We aren't big into all the pirate antics (although it is fun to see some of the costumes) and Palo dinner is a nice quiet meal.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkjewett View Post
We are on this cruise, and we are hoping to get Palo brunch when we are onboard! See you on the ship!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

As noted, you have a good chance of making Palo reservations after boarding. If not, ask to be waitlisted for a reservation.

We were actually able to do 2 Palo dinners on our last Fantasy cruise--seems they weren't too busy!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As noted above, we too always book either Remy or Palo on Pirate night. There's plenty of time to eat & catch the fireworks.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
GRANDMOMMY17
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Did I read that after the late seating dinner and the priate party will then have a buffett with the dinner menu. I am be confused, so much usefully info on these boards, but I think I mix them up.
GRANDMOMMY17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDMOMMY17 View Post
Did I read that after the late seating dinner and the priate party will then have a buffett with the dinner menu. I am be confused, so much usefully info on these boards, but I think I mix them up.
After the pirate party & fireworks, there's a buffet. On the Magic & Wonder it was portside at the Mickey pool. On the Dream & Fantasy it's in Cabanas.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDMOMMY17 View Post
They have a buffet after the fireworks. It is held on the pool deck, not in the dining rooms.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

The only time we did the buffet for Pirate Night was on the Magic as we had early seating. It was pretty decent and they even had smoked turkey legs like in the parks that were really good. Hoping they have them again.
jkrislc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I was just on the Fantasy last month. My friends and I were able to get on the ship early, so we hung out at Meridian until the Palo/Remy podium staff showed up. I think the Navigator may have said they open at 1pm, but I know I saw them at the podium around noon, or shortly thereafter.

I was able to rearrange my times for the Palo and Remy brunch and dinner reservations, no problem. My friends who wanted a second Palo dinner were able to go to get one in the middle of the cruise.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Does Palo change the times they serve?

I had booked one brunch and one dinner online when our window opened up, then was hoping when we got onboard to be able to get a second brunch.

They were on a wait list already.

I looked and noticed on the last sea day of the cruise they were only serving brunch for 90 minutes and the same with dinner.

Thats not the norm is it?

I thought they were going to extend the hours of brunch by cutting out the high tea.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: