Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

I thought the roll at CHH being a snack sounded odd. We don't do the DDP anyway.

Thank you! I'll see if I can find a pic on the Disney food blog. Why oh why does there need to be so much mayo?
Yea I do remember it having a lot of mayo that's why I like the sliders a lot better! We split the sliders they were plenty big and were stuffed with lobster no to much mayo! Delish
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Does the lobster roll at CHH have onions or peppers in it? They are both a deal breaker for me.

EDITED: Nevermind I just read the food blog and it states that it has cut onion, red pepper, celery, and spices! Why do they have to mess everything up with onions and peppers!!! SO ANNOYING!!!! A traditional lobster roll contains the fresh cooked lobster meat, tossed with
mayonnaise and served on a grilled hot dog bun or buttered roll. The onions and peppers ruin it!

Future: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014
Completed: Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post
A traditional lobster roll contains the fresh cooked lobster meat, tossed with
mayonnaise and served on a grilled hot dog bun or buttered roll. The onions and peppers ruin it!
Totally agree!!!

DISNEYDUET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Yes, you'll be disappointed. It is way too much mayo .
It's certainly edible, but I'm very concervative where mayo is concerned, and after a bite or two, it's just too much!

It's lobster salad, rather than a classic Maine Lobsta Roll!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
joncorr3
Mouseketeer

Agreed its lobster salad. Too wet and fake lobster.
joncorr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post
A traditional lobster roll contains the fresh cooked lobster meat, tossed with mayonnaise and served on a grilled hot dog bun or buttered roll.
...unless you live in Connecticut...see here
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
I was just about the mention that there are 2 traditional New England lobster rolls...those with mayo and those without.

OP: I would say, based just on what I've read and seen since I haven't tried one (and have no interest although I LOVE lobster rolls), if your favorite is from Nantucket, you probably won't love the one at CHH.

I've lived in NE my entire life and have never seen a lobster roll here that looks anything like it. Here, it's all about the lobster, so little or no mayo is the best way to go so you can taste the lobster. And sometimes they put a little celery in them, but nothing to take away the taste of the lobster because that's what it's really about. The one at CHH seems to have too much mayo and some other things in it (tomatoes maybe) that I think would really take away from the lobster.

I have heard/read great things about the sliders at Captain's Grille and when we arrive on 10/27, that is exactly where we plan on having lunch. Also, the ones at the F&W are supposed to be the best you'll ever be able to get at WDW, so I can't wait to try one of those too.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Lobster sliders from Crew's Cup lounge @ YC courtesy of Party Through the Parks...these look much better than the one I had at CHH....too much mayo!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #24
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Lobster sliders from Crew's Cup lounge @ YC courtesy of Party Through the Parks...these look much better than the one I had at CHH....too much mayo!

I'm guessing Crew's Cup Lounge and Captain's Grille Lobster Sliders are the same thing since both places are at YC. Right?

Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
FancyNancy
Princess

I live in Maine and other than the pic of the tiny lobster roll with hardly any mayo those other ones all look more like a lobster salad if you will. Just a little lobster with way too much mayo and what is that other stuff celery? Anyways if you had one in Nantucket you would probably be a little disappointed in the one at CHH. But if you do try it let us know how you liked it!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I had the lobster roll at CHH last October and did not care for the bread/bun they used. It was on the dense/hard side. I'd rather have a nice soft hotdog bun. I don't think I loved the lobster filling but I don't recall hating it either. It didn't make enough of an impression on me that I am interested in going back for more on my trip in two weeks.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #27
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I'm guessing Crew's Cup Lounge and Captain's Grille Lobster Sliders are the same thing since both places are at YC. Right?
Yes, I would assume so. The sliders are only available during lunch at Captain's Grille according to all the recent menus I've looked at.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Yes, I would assume so. The sliders are only available during lunch at Captain's Grille according to all the recent menus I've looked at.
That's when we're going. Our flight lands at 9:40am and we're staying at YC, so we're figuring we'll just grab lunch right there at CG.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1

That's when we're going. Our flight lands at 9:40am and we're staying at YC, so we're figuring we'll just grab lunch right there at CG.
You should try out the crew cup it's a great place better service too! Although I really do like the CG we have eaten dinner there a bunch of time it just take forever sometimes! Maybe lunch is better!
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
i'm from connecticut and found both types of lobster rolls here. actually found them listed as lobster salad sandwich when with the mayo and lobster roll when on the toasted roll with butter.

but have been happy with CHH roll.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: