Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Yvette563
Mouseketeer

Best Hotel To Stay At Night Before Check In..

Everyone..

For those of you Alumni and parents of Alumni can you tell me which hotel you stayed at if you arrived prior to your check in date. I have a daughter who will be checking in for Spring Advantage 2013 and have been reading reviews like crazy but am still unsure of where to stay. Any parents who's children will be checking in for SA 2013, where will you be staying? I've been told the closest is the Holiday Inn Sunspree, but is that a nice, CLEAN hotel? I know there are other hotels in the area a little ways down the road, so I was wondering what everyones experience and reccommendations would be. Not looking to spend tons of $$$ or I would book at a Disney Resort, but also not looking for the dreaded Roach motel either.. Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Last edited by Yvette563; 10-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette563 View Post
Everyone..

For those of you Alumni and parents of Alumni can you tell me which hotel you stayed at if you arrived prior to your check in date. I have a daughter who will be checking in for Spring Advantage 2013 and have reading reviews like crazy but am still unsure of where to stay. Any parents who's children will be checking in for SA 2013, where will you be staying? I've been told the closest is the Holiday Inn Sunspree, but is that a nice, CLEAN hotel? I know there are other hotels in the area a little ways down the road, so I was wondering what everyones experience and reccommendations would be. Not looking to spend tons of $$$ or I would book at a Disney Resort, but also not looking for the dreaded Roach motel either.. Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!
Sunspree is great! That's where I stayed the night before, and I was able tpo just walk over the next morning with my roommates who also stayed there. It's clean, you need keycards for each little section to get inside, and then of course your rooms. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I loved it!

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Yvette563
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypage View Post
Sunspree is great! That's where I stayed the night before, and I was able tpo just walk over the next morning with my roommates who also stayed there. It's clean, you need keycards for each little section to get inside, and then of course your rooms. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I loved it!
Thank you soooo much ladypage! I've been reading reviews on yelp and tripvisor and most are positive but then I come across the FEW that talk about bugs and disgusting restrooms and I know if I book it and find something like that I will totally lol.. I'm not looking for luxury, just cleanliness.
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
aznshents
Mouseketeer

I heard most CPs stay at the Sunspree the night before.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
julayla
Earning My Ears

I stayed at Sunspree, since it's conveniently close to the check-in location. It feels pretty much like any other hotel of its kind. Generic, but nice enough. My room was clean and well furnished. I plan on staying there again, assuming I get into the program a second time.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Lori-n-NY
Owner of Saratoga Springs Resort

We are staying at Pop Century. We are arriving on 1/3 and my daughter checks in on 1/7. Our plan is to spend a day or two in the parks, do some shopping for things we could not bring on the plane. I just priced out the two hotels, Sunspree and Pop Century and for the 6 nights Pop is only about $30 more.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

My dd is checking in on 1/5. We plan on arriving on 1/14. I will most likely use my dvc points to stay before and after but curious if they can get a discounted room. Does anyone know.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
disneydawn
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I would like to know this as well. When do their benefits for discounts on rooms and such begin?
disneydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #9
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Someone else will answer - but I believe someone said after about the third day they start.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: