Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

Where to spend last 2 days?

Trying to plan our vacation and not sure what to do with the last 2 days. Family of four me, DH and DD's 8 & 9. Here's what we have so far:

4/29-Monday: plane arrives at MCO 9:35am, pick up car, find Marriott Cypress Harbour check if room is ready. DTD and dinner at T-Rex. Quick food shopping back to room.

4/30-Tuesday: MK all day, dinner 1900 Park Fare

5/1-Wednesday :Epcot all day

5/2-Thursday: Rest day, DH fishing, me and DD's pool day or beach day (mom has timeshare in Daytona this week)

5/3-Friday: HS all day dinner sci-fi

5/4-Saturday: MK all day my mom will be joining us

5/5-Sunday: Check out of MCH then ?

5/6- Monday: ?

5/7- Tuesday: flight departs at 1:30 pm

We have to check out of MCH on Sunday because it's a timeshare runs Sun-Sun. We have 2 free nights in an Orlando hotel available to us as well as free 2 day tickets for each of us to IOA.

While we definitely could just do that we also want to add some relaxing time to the vacation so our other ideas were:

5/5- Cayo Costa (secluded island accessible by boat) in the morning. Camp on the island overnight (cabins with no electricity) enjoy fishing, the beach.

5/6- leave Cayo Costa in the afternoon, head over to Sanibel Island for more surf fishing and shelling (me and the girls could spend hours looking for shells). Leave after dinner and stay in Orlando near airport.

Or just spend both days on Sanibel Island. Camping on a secluded island sounds like a fun adventure but we would have to bring all our food in a cooler and there's no air conditioning lol.

And both of these options would be more expensive than the free room in Orlando and free IOA tickets.

Then I was thinking maybe we could do IOA on our arrival day but I would feel bad just using 1 day of a 2 day ticket errrr don't know what to do!
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Hmmm... IDK Since Sanibel/Cayo Costa is a pretty good distance from Orlando (a solid 3-4 hr drive) I'm not sure it's be very relaxing to try to cram it in between Sun-Mon & be back in Orlando in time for your flight on Tuesday. You'd easily have 8 hours of round-trip driving.

I think your girls are the perfect ages for Seaworld, Universal/IoA or maybe a day in the water parks?

Personally, I'd stay in/closer to Orlando.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Grandmouse
DIS Veteran

How many times has your family been to Disney World? Personally, even driving to Daytona is too far for me. I just don't want to leave the parks, there is so much to do. How about one of Disney's water parks? With the ages of your children, I'm sure they will want to go back to MK or Epcot. Are you going to HS or AK? You could also do a monorail tour of the resorts.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

The kids have never been. I have been a few times and DH once. He didnt like it when he went and was very reluctant to even agree to this vacation. His idea of vacation is not standing around in lines in the heat and walking all day if it were just me going I would do the parks everyday. We plan to do 2 days in MK 1 day in Epcot and 1 day at HS( that is the bare minimum I would except lol) If we all really enjoy the parks an want to add more days we will. Neither of us liked AK when we went and the kids have already said they don't want to do that park. We are kicking around the idea of Typhoon Lagoon but again DH wants a couple days lounging around not surrounded by hundreds of people.

The driving time to Daytona doesn't bother us because it's the same amount of time it takes us to get to the Jersey shore and we make day trips there every weekend in the summer. The 3 1/2 hours each way to Sanibel is starting to sound like a hassle lol. I just know we would enjoy it and I honestly don't know when will be able to make it back there.
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: