DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Dining plan on segmented reservation question

So I made a reservation for my brother (points that were going to expire) and his girl friend for 5 nights in Nov. They wanted to stay 2 more nights, and since I was out of points I called to see if there was any cash availability for their extra nights, there was & I booked it for them. They now have 2 reservations , the first on points for 5 nights, the second on cash. They are aware that they will need to check out & check in on that one day.

They are still deciding about a dining plan & if they want one & which one. My question was would I even be able to get a dining plan for them on the 2 night cash reservation booking? I know I can call MS in the AM & ask, but I thought I'd try here to see if any of the smart folks around these parts knew the answer. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Yes you should be able to get the DDP for either segment. Have MS note on the reservation that there is a continuing reservation and have your Brother discuss this with the CM at check in. With any luck, they won't have to change rooms.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz
Yes you should be able to get the DDP for either segment. Have MS note on the reservation that there is a continuing reservation and have your Brother discuss this with the CM at check in. With any luck, they won't have to change rooms.

Bill
Thank you! I am almost positive the MS CM set it up as a continuing reservation, pretty sure she used those words. My only experience thus far has been with packages booked through CRO and the "rules" they follow, needing a ticketed package to even purchase a DP, etc. Cash reservations through MS are new territory for me.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

If the two bookings (points & cash) are for the same resort, same room type & view and both booked through Member Services, they are supposed to set it up under a single reservation. In that case, you may not be able to get the DDP for one portion or another. Although different currency is being used to pay for certain nights (points vs. cash) it's regarded as a single continuous reservation.

That said, there are additional steps required to link everything together--it's not an automated process. But if the CM who made the reservations did link everything together, it may not be possible to get things split up anymore.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz
If the two bookings (points & cash) are for the same resort, same room type & view and both booked through Member Services, they are supposed to set it up under a single reservation. In that case, you may not be able to get the DDP for one portion or another. Although different currency is being used to pay for certain nights (points vs. cash) it's regarded as a single continuous reservation.

That said, there are additional steps required to link everything together--it's not an automated process. But if the CM who made the reservations did link everything together, it may not be possible to get things split up anymore.
Interesting. They are booked at SSR in a studio, so no views or select booking categories. I know that I now have what appears to be 2 reservations; the first 5 nights booked on points with one reservation confirmation number, and the final 2 nights booked with cash (through MS) with a second separate reservation confirmation number. I wonder if they will get merged. Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.

I do wonder if they will get a full cleaning on day 4 or just T&T service.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Interesting. They are booked at SSR in a studio, so no views or select booking categories. I know that I now have what appears to be 2 reservations; the first 5 nights booked on points with one reservation confirmation number, and the final 2 nights booked with cash (through MS) with a second separate reservation confirmation number. I wonder if they will get merged. Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.

I do wonder if they will get a full cleaning on day 4 or just T&T service.

Yes, they will be linked to make one reservation. Your family members will not be able to purchase the dining plan for a portion of the trip unless they change resorts or room types.

I currently have a seven night trip booked on points and a two night trip booked on a second contract and these have been linked to one nine night stay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: