Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
coco392
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

hey, where did you get the DL express vouchers????
Also, dining bookings for DLR, is it only 30 days out???
I need to get onto my own DL planing.....
I don't know if its changed- but the dl bus leaves every hour and you can pay at end if the drive at Anaheim
coco392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
hey, where did you get the DL express vouchers????
Also, dining bookings for DLR, is it only 30 days out???
I need to get onto my own DL planing.....
here's the $5 off coupon, they have discount coupons on dining etc too so worth a nosy http://anaheimoc.org/content/disneyl...land-resort-ex

Dining at DL can be booked 2 months out so you can book on the 20th of Oct for dining on the 20th of Dec etc. But fantasmic and I think tours? can only be booked 30 days out.

By the way I showed the Mr the photo of all your bags after your WDW trip and he was terrified that will be us

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
Beee
Mouseketeer

Apparently I am almost a month away, really? how did that happen? My bank account is not looking as healthy as I'd like it to be for so few pay days left to go....

So thought a list update was in order even though I feel like I haven't done much lately
  • passport for me - done
  • passport for Mr - done
  • transport - LAX-DLH - discount coupons printed for Disneyland Express, will pay cash on the day
  • transport - DL-Hollywood - have a quote from I think Zippy Shuttles for $90 which I think I will book, just need to decide on a time, there are very few options it seems for transfers from DL - Hollywood.
  • transport - Hollywood-LAX - will book taxi through hotel
  • order my GF meal on plane
  • ESTAs - done
  • take dog for orientation visit to pet hotel - November
  • buy universal studios tickets - decided to do Warner Bros tour instead, tickets booked and paid for
  • book disney restaurants - BTR BBQ, Carthay Circle, Ariel's Grotto, Cafe Orleans and Goofy's Kitchen are all booked
  • Book Fantasmic dessert package - 30 days out
  • figure out what we are doing for the Saturday in LA - have finally convinced/bullied the Mr into hiring a car for the Saturday & Sunday so we will do Griffith Park, a drive around beverly hills, maybe california science center so he can see the space shuttle and really will take things as they come (I'm not sure the control freak in me can bear nothing set in concrete but I will give it a shot).
  • investigate some kind of pearl harbour tour - I have outsourced this job to my mum
  • change DLH booking to AP rate - done, saved about $250
  • pay deposit for the pet hotel - sent that off yesterday

have also organised my toiletries, little travel sized first aid kit, bought a US adaptor so we can charge our phones, I have my amazon order all ready to go (just waiting for black friday before I order ) and I think that is about it....I feel like I am forgetting to organise something really vital, hate that feeling
On the work front I have a list going with everything I need to do and organise. For the first time ever I have got someone actually sitting in my chair doing my work for me while I'm away instead of dumping it all on the 1 other person I work with - this is actually feeling like way more effort than it is worth as I have been having to train this person for the last 2 months and must write copious amounts of notes to guide them through the 2 busiest weeks of the year....and I am mildly concerned about what state I will find everything in on my return, trying not to think about that .

So, that is where I am at, basically a big ball of stress at the moment which I am hoping will move to calm and collected at some point before we leave (maybe once we get on the plane? )

Old 10-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Be month, that's exciting! I think everybody feels like they have forgotten something when planning a big trip.

Try not to worry about what work will be like when you get back. There isn't anything you can do to change it anyway!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #35
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco392 View Post
I don't know if its changed- but the dl bus leaves every hour and you can pay at end if the drive at Anaheim
After 4:30pm it is every hour. Also, if going for the family rate (up to 5 people) you have to book it online. Cheaper to do this way for a family of 4, even with using the discount coupon. We got caught out.

The company do not reply to emails!

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #36
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarucci View Post
After 4:30pm it is every hour. Also, if going for the family rate (up to 5 people) you have to book it online. Cheaper to do this way for a family of 4, even with using the discount coupon. We got caught out.

The company do not reply to emails!
that is strange. we used the disneyland resort express (grayline anaheim, now part of coach america) on our trip last year, and we had prebooked our transfers for our dear departed trip this year (oh, the sadness i am feeling. we're almost at our departure date and we aren't going ) and each time i have emailed them, i have had a response within 24 hours.

when we had to cancel our november trip, we received a really lovely email from one of their reps stating that although we couldn't get a refund (we had prepaid while they were still operating as grayline anaheim, and they had been recently bought out by coach america) they were able to hold a credit for us that we could use at any time towards our future trip

i have personally been quite happy at the level of contact from their reps... but maybe i just got a few good ones

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus
Be month, that's exciting! I think everybody feels like they have forgotten something when planning a big trip.

Try not to worry about what work will be like when you get back. There isn't anything you can do to change it anyway!
I know I have been telling everyone all morning "I am going to disneyland next month!" Lol, I think they are all sick of me going on about it already haha.

You are right I need to let go of the work stuff, everything will short itself out.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #38
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

i have personally been quite happy at the level of contact from their reps... but maybe i just got a few good ones
Glad to hear they have been good to deal with. you will be fine once you get past your old trip dates, then it will be me with the post trip blues and you will be planning your wonderful 2013 trip

Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #39
JessL
Earning My Ears

Don't do what we did and figure we'd book Pearl Harbour once we got to Hawaii because we weren't sure what order we wanted to do things. They do sell out a few days in advance, particularly in peak times!

If you're interested in surfing lessons while you're there, I can recommend a great place!

Your holiday sounds amazing. I'm desperate to have a Disney Christmas, but I can't seem to convince my husband.
JessL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #40
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

We went to Pearl Harbor by using the local bus. They are a great and easy way to get around. 2.50 each on arrival you are given a time to take a boat out to the Arizona memorial. The earlier in the day you get there the earlier the launch time and you are also there before the groups. We left around 0830 from Waikiki. There is a short movie you watch before taking the launch. Quite a few museums. To go to the bowfin submarine and I think the newer Missouri museum you can purchase the tickets there. The menfolk took the girls to the bowfin which was about $20. We bussed back to town and stopped at ala moana on the way. The bus. Has a great website with timetables. The stops are really easy to find and the drivers helpful.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #41
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet
We went to Pearl Harbor by using the local bus. They are a great and easy way to get around. 2.50 each on arrival you are given a time to take a boat out to the Arizona memorial. The earlier in the day you get there the earlier the launch time and you are also there before the groups. We left around 0830 from Waikiki. There is a short movie you watch before taking the launch. Quite a few museums. To go to the bowfin submarine and I think the newer Missouri museum you can purchase the tickets there. The menfolk took the girls to the bowfin which was about $20. We bussed back to town and stopped at ala moana on the way. The bus. Has a great website with timetables. The stops are really easy to find and the drivers helpful.
Thanks for that, have heard good things about the bus I found on my web travels a site to pre book for the tour $1.50 per person instead of free but worth it seeing as there will be 14 of us - have told mum about it but will have to follow up on our sunday chat to see if she has done it. Its the one thing on the trip the mr. really wants to do so I doing want to miss out.

On other news I will be harassing the mr to make a final decision about hiring a rental car on the weekend. he's away for two weeks from next week so want to get that sorted once and for all.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #42
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
Thanks for that, have heard good things about the bus I found on my web travels a site to pre book for the tour $1.50 per person instead of free but worth it seeing as there will be 14 of us - have told mum about it but will have to follow up on our sunday chat to see if she has done it. Its the one thing on the trip the mr. really wants to do so I doing want to miss out.

On other news I will be harassing the mr to make a final decision about hiring a rental car on the weekend. he's away for two weeks from next week so want to get that sorted once and for all.
car hire...use the codes from mousesavers........or I do love bid for a car on priceline...nothing beats $9 a day for car rental
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #43
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

car hire...use the codes from mousesavers........or I do love bid for a car on priceline...nothing beats $9 a day for car rental
great tip thanks! Right thats it, at $9 a day he will be driving from disneyland to hollywood - cheapest shuttle I can find is $90...

Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #44
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are really getting on top of that list of things to do. You are making serious progress.

The work stuff will sort itself out, don't worry about it.

Yay for going to Disney next month.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #45
Beee
Mouseketeer

A very productive evening

have just convinced/badgered the mr into hiring a car - so am now in the process of finding said car and then will cancel the last night at the hollywood accommodation and book something close to the airport so we will all get a sleep in before our flight to hawaii

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: