Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #16
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Bummer about missing Christmas but as you say, Disneyland will more than make up for that.

And yes, please get the passports this week, no matter how quickly they usually get done there .

The whole trip sounds fabulous.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Beee
Mouseketeer

2 passport applications now winging their way to wellington, so should have them in my hot little hands in a couple of weeks woohoo!

Today it is exactly 2 months until we fly out, I think I will feel more excited when I have less of a to do list. Right now I am just wondering how I will make it through 2 months of work with my sanity intact...

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
Franrose
DIS Veteran

Hopefully your passports will be no worries (and how handy to have them all dated the same, and numbered in sequence! Three out of four of ours are, makes entry cards so much easier to fill out ) and you 'll be good to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
it's also the quality of the photos and the way that they pose you that i really hated/dreaded and hence delayed getting my passport until a few months before we left

It's those strict passport rules that made me grateful for the Sydney DIA/passport office - here in Aus, they take the photos a little bit differently, the main thing being that they use a white background (instead of "light, but NOT white" as instructed). I didn't feel confident Wellington wouldn't reject the photos so sent the applications to Sydney, knowing most of their passport applications would have similar pictures, and no worries.

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #19
Beee
Mouseketeer

I think this would have to be my worst passport photo yet - I look like a stroke victim or something, I never realised how asymetrical my face is until I have to have a front on non smiling photo - talk about torture

the Mr looks like a criminal, DD's doesn't expire until next year so she looks so little and cute in hers. I agree that it is very handy having sequential passport numbers - that was a great 5yrs where DD and I had one number apart, so easy filling out departure and arrival cards ad nauseum.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
I think this would have to be my worst passport photo yet - I look like a stroke victim or something, I never realised how asymetrical my face is until I have to have a front on non smiling photo - talk about torture

the Mr looks like a criminal, DD's doesn't expire until next year so she looks so little and cute in hers. I agree that it is very handy having sequential passport numbers - that was a great 5yrs where DD and I had one number apart, so easy filling out departure and arrival cards ad nauseum.
you know how some people, you take a photo of them and the image your camera captures is identical to the person in front of you, and for other people, the stars have to be aligned correctly, the sun has to be shining in the exact right way and someone needs to sacrifice a small animal and do a rain dance before your photo looks even somewhat passable? yeah. that's carlo and i. he gets awesome photos. every time. every single photo of him is perfect.

for me? every single photo makes me look about as animated as a rock, and like i've been bashed upside the head with the proverbial ugly stick. i think between the ages of 15 - now, i have approximately 10 good photos of me. ugh!! passport photos are terrible.

my sister who is practically perfect in every way rang me when she got hers to complain that somehow they managed to make her look terrible too. it's just the nature of the passport photo beast i guess...

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
Beee
Mouseketeer

Got an email this afternoon saying the passport applications have arrived at internal affairs so we will hopefully have them in a couple of weeks.
Have also printed out $5 off vouchers for the disneyland resort express so we will just pay on the bus for that rather than buying tickets online now. Has anyone caught the amtrak train from anaheim to union station? Was thinking if the mr. is too chicken to rent a car we will taxi to the station from dlh and then taxi from union station to hollywood. otherwise looks like a taxi from anaheim to hollywood is the only other option...and taxi from hollywood to lax seems like a cheaper option than a shuttle for the 3 of us.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #22
Beee
Mouseketeer

so a little update on my list:
  • passport for me - application sent, credit card charged so counting this as done. Will hopefully receive it sometime next week
  • passport for Mr - application sent, credit card charged so counting this as done. Will hopefully receive it sometime next week
  • transport - LAX-DLH - discount coupons printed for Disneyland Express, will pay cash on the day
  • transport - DL-Hollywood
  • transport - Hollywood-LAX - will book taxi through hotel
  • order my GF meal on plane
  • ESTAs
  • take dog for orientation visit to pet hotel - November
  • buy universal studios tickets - decided to do Warner Bros tour instead, tickets booked and paid for
  • book disney restaurants - BTR BBQ, Carthay Circle, Ariel's Grotto booked, thinking about booking Cafe Orleans and Goofy's Kitchen as well

and added to the list:
  • Book Fantasmic dessert package - 30 days out
  • figure out what we are doing for the Saturday in LA...
  • investigate some kind of pearl harbour tour
  • change DLH booking to AP rate - done, saved about $250

So, making progress but still feel like I'm missing something vital off the list and I will end up in a panic a week before we fly out

Old 10-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #23
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like you're getting through the list.

Hopefully you've got nothing missing, which I'm sure you haven't....just that last minute "I think I missed something" feeling.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #24
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I have that feeling until I'm on the plane!

Thanks for the reminder though. I need to sort out mine and DH's passports - I think they have both expired. DS3 also needs to get one, but i think we'll have to do his closer to the trip so we have the chance of getting him to sit still for a pic. He's going to be older in his photo than DS2! LOL

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #25
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I have that feeling until I'm on the plane!

Thanks for the reminder though. I need to sort out mine and DH's passports - I think they have both expired. DS3 also needs to get one, but i think we'll have to do his closer to the trip so we have the chance of getting him to sit still for a pic. He's going to be older in his photo than DS2! LOL
yes, hard to keep the little ones still and not smiling in a photo, what do you mean don't smile?? I've been told to smile in front of a camera every other time! DD's passport is 3 yrs old so she is a cute little 9 year old in hers, what a difference 3 years makes!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

That thinking you've forgotten something feeling is the worst. I agree, it's not until I'm on the plane that I relax.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #27
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're pretty well set Really, the most important stuff is making sure your official documents are in order, flights are booked, and pets taken care of - everything else you can wing if you need to Are you going to have your mail held while you're away? I always forget about that and in Aus they need a few days notice.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #28
Beee
Mouseketeer

Yay! our passports arrived this morning so more to cross off the list
  • passport for me - done
  • passport for Mr - done
  • transport - LAX-DLH - discount coupons printed for Disneyland Express, will pay cash on the day
  • ESTAs - done
  • buy universal studios tickets - decided to do Warner Bros tour instead, tickets booked and paid for
  • book disney restaurants - BTR BBQ, Carthay Circle, Ariel's Grotto booked, thinking about booking Cafe Orleans and Goofy's Kitchen as well

Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Sounds like you're pretty well set Really, the most important stuff is making sure your official documents are in order, flights are booked, and pets taken care of - everything else you can wing if you need to Are you going to have your mail held while you're away? I always forget about that and in Aus they need a few days notice.
honestly, mail had not crossed my mind We get very little in the way of mail these days - 99% of the bills etc get emailed, but given its december and we might get things like cards etc I should investigate, thanks for the reminder! Also need to let the neighbours know closer to the time so they can keep an eye on the house and maybe I can get them to water the garden

Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
Yay! our passports arrived this morning so more to cross off the list
  • passport for me - done
  • passport for Mr - done
  • ESTAs - done
hey, where did you get the DL express vouchers????
Also, dining bookings for DLR, is it only 30 days out???
I need to get onto my own DL planing.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: