Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Which outlet mall to visit in Orlando?

Last time we went to Orlando my DH went to a particular outlet twice. I was all shopped out after NYC so didn't bother going.

I know they both have similar names like Premier and Premium or something but which one is better?

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Toy Story
DIS Veteran

Definitely the Premium Outlet, there is a Disney Charater outlet store there (if you are lucky you can pick up cheap pins for trading.

The Neiman Marcus, and Saks outlets are worth checking out.

Allow a full day for shopping, and buying the extra suit-cases

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Story View Post
Definitely the Premium Outlet, there is a Disney Charater outlet store there (if you are lucky you can pick up cheap pins for trading.

The Neiman Marcus, and Saks outlets are worth checking out.

Allow a full day for shopping, and buying the extra suit-cases

I found a photo of Premium and showed it to my husband and he has confirmed that's the one he went to last time so thank you for that.

He is whinging because I've got the outlets down for day 8 of the trip. He feels he can't wait that long to shop so I said he is more than welcome to go early on his own if he wants to .

What can I say, my man likes to shop

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

premium outlets

we love them so much we went back 3 times...DH is also a shopper, but also a bloke, so can only do 3 hrs max before his head explodes all over the concreteso we do it in lots

added up $$$ how much we spent there but we wont have to buy new clothes til next sept when we do this all over again...

the savings are amazing, so really make time for it.
ie: 13 business shirts, diff brands, cost here in au would be around $1400....we spent aprox $390 .....not to mention the shoes, pants, polo shirts etc...saved enough to pay for at least one airfare
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Karen - since you seem to have been there so many times, care to give me a heads up on the best places to buy:-

Business shirts and pants
Business shoes
Sneakers for kids
Sportswear for whole family
Sunglasses
Watch for me
All things clothing for my family, except me. I don't want to ruin my holiday

Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
we love them so much we went back 3 times...DH is also a shopper, but also a bloke, so can only do 3 hrs max before his head explodes all over the concreteso we do it in lots

added up $$$ how much we spent there but we wont have to buy new clothes til next sept when we do this all over again...

the savings are amazing, so really make time for it.
ie: 13 business shirts, diff brands, cost here in au would be around $1400....we spent aprox $390 .....not to mention the shoes, pants, polo shirts etc...saved enough to pay for at least one airfare
I'm the DH in this scenario. After 3 hours I start to glaze over. I wonder if they have a bar in the mall? If he could just plop me there with a champers, DS could have a "fireengine lemonade" and play his Nintendo and DH and DD can shop til they drop.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
I'm the DH in this scenario. After 3 hours I start to glaze over. I wonder if they have a bar in the mall? If he could just plop me there with a champers, DS could have a "fireengine lemonade" and play his Nintendo and DH and DD can shop til they drop.
i think i saw alcoholic slurpees in the mall
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

I too am a premium outlet mall chick - all my wardrobe is Ferragamo and Anne Taylor! YAY!
However, on my last trip I ventured up to the Mall at Millenia - and it is very good. It was sale time (and remember their big "black friday" annual sale starts last friday in Nov - and considering the US is already cheaper than Aus for many things - make the Mall a saving too.
AND the mall has different stuff to the outlet
AND it has chocolate and coffee and alcohol
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
I too am a premium outlet mall chick - all my wardrobe is Ferragamo and Anne Taylor! YAY!
However, on my last trip I ventured up to the Mall at Millenia - and it is very good. It was sale time (and remember their big "black friday" annual sale starts last friday in Nov - and considering the US is already cheaper than Aus for many things - make the Mall a saving too.
AND the mall has different stuff to the outlet
AND it has chocolate and coffee and alcohol
adding it to my list
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl

He is whinging because I've got the outlets down for day 8 of the trip. He feels he can't wait that long to shop so I said he is more than welcome to go early on his own if he wants to .

:

Ahaha. Ms Shuttergirl, your family sounds like mine. My husband is really excited about the outlet malls, whereas just a couple of hours of shopping is usually all I can take before I start to get bored and grumpy.
I was thinking that half a day of outlet shopping on one of the last days of our 3 week trip would be about perfect. I haven't told DH this yet though.

WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
ColinA
DIS Veteran

The only shopping we do is the Screen Door shop on the Boardwalk. My DW hates shopping!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #12
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Premium Outlets at the top of International Drive! There is a restaurant/bar there, too.
Also the Florida Mall is a good stop - they have an Apple store there, too, if you are after any of that! (iPad mini anyone?? ) Plus loads of other stores, too. It is huge, though!!!
I do so love shopping in the US!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

Premium Outlet we went to hubby spend fortune in Calvin Klein Outlet and also bought an $800 watch

We actually loved Florida Mall. They had heaps of sales and there was a Pottery Barn

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #14
Toy Story
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Karen - since you seem to have been there so many times, care to give me a heads up on the best places to buy:-

Business shirts and pants
Business shoes
Sneakers for kids
Sportswear for whole family
Sunglasses
Watch for me
All things clothing for my family, except me. I don't want to ruin my holiday
We bought Sunglasses at the Saks outlet - Burberry for around $80. Though C21 in NY had great sunglasses as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #15
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Shopping, my favourite pass time. I thought they changed the name of outlets and they are both Premium outlets now

Anyway my favourite one is the one that is further away from WDW, the one on International drive. I have a hard time not shopping everyday. I have a problem , yes I admit. I have a problem

Remember to go to their website and print off the coupon to take to the info centre to get your coupon book for even more discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
My DW hates shopping!
I have never heard of a woman who hates shopping! You are very lucky, trust me Most men would thrilled if their wives hated shopping!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: