Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
megandgarr
Earning My Ears

shipping cases of water

I know I saw this information posted before (and I thought I subscribed to the thread so I could find it later) but I cant find it. I thought I read that some of you ship bottled water purchased from walmart.com. I only need to ship bottled water and possibly a couple of other small items, so based on previous experience, between walmart.com and amazon.com, which has cheaper shipping? Also, how far in advance do you typically place the order? We leave in 10 days, eek.... and I was thinking of ordering one week out. I want it to arrive before we arrive, but not too early to where the box gets moved to their "archives". I want it to be easily accessible. And sorry, one last question.... what specific information should I include on the shipping address other than the physical address of the hotel.

Thanks so much!
megandgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

I ordered only one case of water from Walmart. We arrive tomorrow. I was prepared to order it exactly one week beforehand but the site said that it was out of stock. I checked the next day and it was still unavailable to order. Finally, on Saturday, 5 days before our trip, it was available to order. I've read on the forums that a lot of people noticed that their water shipped from FL. I'm in NY state and for some reason it is also shipping from NY state. I've been checking the tracking and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So, it should be there by the time we arrive tomorrow night. I would order it from them now so that it isn't out of stock when you need to order. It's alright if it arrives a few days ahead of you. They'll hold it. The shipping is only 97 cents per item. I entered my name, the resort name and address. I was going to enter my arrival date as it's been recommend here but there wasn't room for it. The CMs have a list of people they're expecting anyway so I'm sure it's not a problem.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
crzy4my2
Mouseketeer

I order from Staples..Just another to look at for shipping.. I forgot off the top what shipping is.. I order the water, a thing of pretzel sticks (we LOVE pretzels..LOL) those little cups of different cereals and granola/nutrigrains. Figure they are good for snacks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day trip 1983
The Disney Inn 1986
POR 2008 Took my kids for their 1st trip.
CBR 2010 Thanksgiving trip 11/24-12/1
CSR 2013 April Vacation trip 4/9-4/16
crzy4my2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

if you have the staples rewards, you can get free shipping
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Happy Disney Mom
Earning My Ears

I am renting a stroller with a outside company and they will deliver bottled water as well.
Happy Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: