Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #526
Theparks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
Hope you all had a awesome time! Unfortunately, my family and I did not make it due to mechanical problems on our flight from Honolulu to Vancouver - we missed the boat!! I was so disappointed mostly because I had been looking forward to meeting all of you. We are re-booking for later in July, but it won't be the same without all the wonderful people I met here. I hope the MUFE members had a good time exchanging gifts - I had so many things made just for you.....I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! A hui hou - until we meet again.

Jayne
This breaks my heart. Im glad you were able to reschedule though!!
Theparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #527
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
Hope you all had a awesome time! Unfortunately, my family and I did not make it due to mechanical problems on our flight from Honolulu to Vancouver - we missed the boat!! I was so disappointed mostly because I had been looking forward to meeting all of you. We are re-booking for later in July, but it won't be the same without all the wonderful people I met here. I hope the MUFE members had a good time exchanging gifts - I had so many things made just for you.....I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! A hui hou - until we meet again.

Jayne
Hi Jayne!! Once again, I'm so very sorry you couldn't make it this trip I do hope you were able to get rescheduled and everything worked out for you and your family. You were definitely missed! My DH told me there was a cabin a few doors down from ours that had some type of water leakage? and they were cleaning it up. I couldn't help but wonder if that would have been your cabin! They fixed it up quickly and I'm sure it was nothing major but it did make me think of you walking by that area since I knew you would have been close. Please keep us posted on when you are going!! I can see now why people say it's not always a once in a lifetime trip and they return again. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and help if I can!

Tracey - I did receive the MUFE RM and immediately signed it and my DH placed it on the next cabin - which was the complete opposite of our location so he gave me a giggle about that one! I hope it made it back to you!

To the others (that aren't on FB) - what an amazing trip!! We had an absolute blast and couldn't have been more pleased with the weather and the fact we didn't have a drop of rain the entire 9 days of travelling (including the two in Vancouver prior to the trip). The morning returning to Vancouver was the first time we saw rain the entire time! I ended up losing my voice on the first day (came down with a weird virus) and wasn't my 100% self but I didn't let it stop me - just really hard to talk and sounded funny.

I'm sure we bumped into each other along the way and I probably didn't even know it! Curious to see what table numbers you guys had for dining? We had table 42, main seating and started in Tritons.

I'm feeling the "house move" ever so slightly and my ears are still popping from all the flying but it's all good. I can't wait to view our pictures and show everyone.

Hope all of you are well!
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #528
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Hi Jayne!! Once again, I'm so very sorry you couldn't make it this trip I do hope you were able to get rescheduled and everything worked out for you and your family. You were definitely missed! My DH told me there was a cabin a few doors down from ours that had some type of water leakage? and they were cleaning it up. I couldn't help but wonder if that would have been your cabin! They fixed it up quickly and I'm sure it was nothing major but it did make me think of you walking by that area since I knew you would have been close. Please keep us posted on when you are going!! I can see now why people say it's not always a once in a lifetime trip and they return again. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and help if I can!

Tracey - I did receive the MUFE RM and immediately signed it and my DH placed it on the next cabin - which was the complete opposite of our location so he gave me a giggle about that one! I hope it made it back to you!

To the others (that aren't on FB) - what an amazing trip!! We had an absolute blast and couldn't have been more pleased with the weather and the fact we didn't have a drop of rain the entire 9 days of travelling (including the two in Vancouver prior to the trip). The morning returning to Vancouver was the first time we saw rain the entire time! I ended up losing my voice on the first day (came down with a weird virus) and wasn't my 100% self but I didn't let it stop me - just really hard to talk and sounded funny.

I'm sure we bumped into each other along the way and I probably didn't even know it! Curious to see what table numbers you guys had for dining? We had table 42, main seating and started in Tritons.

I'm feeling the "house move" ever so slightly and my ears are still popping from all the flying but it's all good. I can't wait to view our pictures and show everyone.

Heather
My house was "moving" this morning as well - lol

We were in main seating starting in Parrot Cay - table 71. We had a great time, but sadly my peanut got sick partway through the trip (just like last time) so we spent more time in the cabin than I would have liked. Still, amazing weather and scenery and we managed to have lots of fun despite the grumpies!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #529
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

We had the "Triton's rotation" for late seating - ate there three times! We liked ending in AP.

Our trip was great and I learned a lot for next time. I'm a weirdo who was probably the only one disappointed in the weather - I like it overcast.

No one got sick, but we gave out on Juneau day. We had a five hour excursion and our boat was enclosed in glass and not air conditioned. It was fine when we were moving because air came in the vents, but when we stopped to watch the whales it was like sitting in a greenhouse. DD was begging to swim and to see MU. Toy Story was a must see, so something had to give. We didn't feel like dressing up, so we had hot dogs on deck and skipped MDR. It was just the break we needed.

Sorry Izzy got sick, Erica! That would stink.

I was very impressed with how the ship was run - and yes, we rebooked! I only had one complaint - I wish they would enforce their no reserved seats policy. We didn't get up on deck until 11:00 on TA day because of our character breakfast and there were NO seats left on deck ten. There would be one person reserving a dozen loungers. We crafted a better plan, though, so it was okay. Same thing happened at shows. Twice there was a lady reserving a dozen seats in the center of rows two and three.

Funny, people said to us before the cruise " you're going on DCL? OMG all those kids would drive me crazy!" I didn't see any kids misbehaving, but I saw a number of rude and selfish parents. Thankfully they were far outnumbered by the oodles of friendly people on board.

I haven't cooked in two weeks. Not sure if I remember how!

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #530
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Question for those who have been on the Fantasy. We absolutely loved the size of the Wonder, would we be disappointed or overwhelmed by the size of the Fantasy? We are thinking our next cruise might be EC in summer 2015.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #531
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Question for those who have been on the Fantasy. We absolutely loved the size of the Wonder, would we be disappointed or overwhelmed by the size of the Fantasy? We are thinking our next cruise might be EC in summer 2015.
I have been on the Fantasy and my DH, DS, and I have been on the Dream twice. I can tell you the Fantasy is my favorite ship! She is absolutely breath taking. I understand why people prefer the smaller ships however I see advantages and disadvantages to both. I/we personally did not feel the Wonder was "less crowded" because the space is smaller. For example, on the Dream/Fantasy the Walt Disney Theater is two levels so people are more spread out. I don't think there was an empty seat in the Walt Disney Theater this cruise for the shows we went to so for us - the Wonder was packed. Same upstairs at Beach Blanket Buffet which is Cabanas on the Dream/Fantasy - the lines were packed when we went and tables always full. I know Cabanas can get "nutty" often as well however we much prefer the "flow" (and the food) of Cabanas over Beach Blanket.

I knew I wanted to try a classic ship and I'd said the Wonder again in a heartbeat and now would love to sail the Magic so I can sail all 4, however I'll say for now, the Fantasy is my favorite and my boys prefer the Dream but they haven't sailed the Fantasy yet. We have it booked for Spring Break next year.

To answer your question, I didn't find the Fantasy overwhelming as far as size was concerned. We prefer to stay closer to the aft so we are closer to things or places we go to more often but I've never felt overwhelmed. There is a difference, yes, but I think you'll love all the newer technology, the beauty of the ship, etc!

If you have specific questions I'll do my best to answer!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #532
Jewell24
Off to Neverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post

Heather
We were in your same dinner rotation, main seating and started at Tritons, at table 23 in the center.

Yes, the house is completely moving. I definitely felt this ship more than the Dream or most others I have been on (it wasn't bothersome, but just felt it). But then I found out that they don't use the stabilizers when cruising the Inside Passage, so it completely made sense.

04/2013 Kidani Village 03/2013 Wilderness Lodge 06/2012 Vero Beach Resort 05/2012 Boardwalk Resort 04/2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 03/2012 Bay Lake Towers 03/2011 Disney Dream 5178 11/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2/2011 Port Orleans 4/2009 & 11/2010 Coronado Springs 06/2008 Polynesian Resort
Jewell24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #533
MickeyRocksInPA
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing

I wonder if any recent cruisers could share some navigators or give a list of movies playing?

Thanks
MickeyRocksInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #534
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Hi MickeyRocksinPA!

There is a thread with a link to some recent navigators which were posted on DisneyCruiseLineBlog.

Here are the movies we had:

Great and Powerful Oz
Snow White
Wreck it Ralph
Finding Nemo
Beauty and the Beast
Lincoln
Avengers
Iron Man 3

and of course...
Monsters University!

They had a lot more on Funnel Vision - Cinderella, Tangled, so many more I can't remember.

I suspect they will have Lone Ranger very soon.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #535
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Lionel was working on the photos this evening and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Today was the first day I felt like it was actually the time on the clock.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #536
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hey everyone

We finally arrived home yesterday after the most incredible trip

We were totally blown away by the weather and certainly didn't pack enough shorts and Ts!

A few highlights:

The food was a big improvement on what we were served on the Fantasy last May. I'm vegetarian and our dining room staff just couldn't have been more accommodating

Dog sledging on the Menendall Glacier by helicopter - one of those once in a lifetime experiences we will never forget. The sky's were blue and everyone was wearing T Shirts!

The people we met - just an awesome bunch of new friends

The Wonder - really loved this ship and like many, we were slightly worried that it might feel a little worn around the edges after sailing on The Dream and The Fantasy. We couldn't have been more wrong, it's a beautiful and well maintained ship

Palo Brunch - yummy

Chocolate and beverage tasting - oh my word ....... Heaven!!

Right, off to tackle two weeks worth of laundry!

Edited to add ..... Can't believe that I didn't mention that seeing Whales, Porpoises, Eagles, Seals and Bears were also BIG highlights !!

Last edited by Linda67; 06-29-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #537
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hey everyone

We finally arrived home yesterday after the most incredible trip

We were totally blown away by the weather and certainly didn't pack enough shorts and Ts!

A few highlights:

The food was a big improvement on what we were served on the Fantasy last May. I'm vegetarian and our dining room staff just couldn't have been more accommodating

Dog sledging on the Menendall Glacier by helicopter - one of those once in a lifetime experiences we will never forget. The sky's were blue and everyone was wearing T Shirts!

The people we met - just an awesome bunch of new friends

The Wonder - really loved this ship and like many, we were slightly worried that it might feel a little worn around the edges after sailing on The Dream and The Fantasy. We couldn't have been more wrong, it's a beautiful and well maintained ship

Palo Brunch - yummy

Chocolate and beverage tasting - oh my word ....... Heaven!!

Right, off to tackle two weeks worth of laundry!

Edited to add ..... Can't believe that I didn't mention that seeing Whales, Porpoises, Eagles, Seals and Bears were also BIG highlights !!
Sounds fab! What shoes did you wear on glacier? Would running shoes be okay!
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #538
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...77852244_n.jpg

Here's a picture of the Roaming Mickey. I think it came out great. Unfortunately, I had the original one with me but Tracey Arakawa Thompson pulled this off and it looks great!
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #539
MommyB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyB View Post
I will see what I can do. Can you get one for each family member? If so that would be easier. I will let you know if I am able to do it.
Sorry I was unsuccessful in helping you. I did not see anything about coins. I am sorry.
MommyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: