Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #346
happyhom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14

MUFE Closed?

Hello there! Sorry to come in so late on this! I have been trying to send you a PM with my info but I'm not allowed because I don't have the minimum number of 10 posts. Anyway we can still join the MUFE? I know the deadline was last night so I completely understand if we can't join - I'm sure this is a lot to organize! Just in case we are able to, here is our basic info at least:

Stateroom 5510
My sister, her husband, their son (age 6)
Early dinner seating

Stateroom 5012
Me, my husband, our sons (ages 8 and 5)
Early dinner seating

Please let me know! Sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks,
happyhom
happyhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #347
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer
 
808MauiMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhom View Post
Hello there! Sorry to come in so late on this! I have been trying to send you a PM with my info but I'm not allowed because I don't have the minimum number of 10 posts. Anyway we can still join the MUFE? I know the deadline was last night so I completely understand if we can't join - I'm sure this is a lot to organize! Just in case we are able to, here is our basic info at least:

Stateroom 5510
My sister, her husband, their son (age 6)
Early dinner seating

Stateroom 5012
Me, my husband, our sons (ages 8 and 5)
Early dinner seating

Please let me know! Sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks,
happyhom
Just in time! hahaha I got both rooms in! If you haven't already connect to our facebook page, link is on post #325 above. Or pm your email address. Welcome to the MUFE!!
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #348
happyhom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14

Thank you!

Thank you, Maui Mama!!! I sent in an FB request to join the FB page.
Thanks again!!!
happyhom
happyhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #349
sde20
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 14

Smile MUFE / friends!

I know we may be too late, but would like to like to join the MUFE group,if possible! This is our 3rd disney cruise and we've never does a fish extender group before. Now that my daughter is 11, we think it would be great fun ! I will provide my info. in case you have room left or someone drops out.
We are HAPPY, HAPPY that we wil be cruising next month. Can't wait!! love all the insider scoop we've learned just tonight on this site. Wish we would have known sooner.
There will be three of us: me, husband, and daughter , age 11
Stateroom:2054

Also, I would love for my daughter to penpal/email others before the cruise. She is an only child and I would love for her to meet other kids to hang out with on the cruise! She is 11 years old and is really excited about Alaska. With several days at sea, I would love for her to have some pals!
sde20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #350
DillWaters
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 112

Mickey mail arrived today!
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #351
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer
 
808MauiMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 107

MUFE Info

Here's a compiled list for the MUFE. Will update the spreadsheet in a few days.

Total staterooms = 14
DH=14, DW=14
DS=ages 21, 16,, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3,3,3,3 total 10
DD=ages 18,15,13,11,11,11,11,8,8,7,7,5,6months total 13
Total people = 51

MUFE is closed!! Thank you everyone!! Looking forward to a fun filled cruise with all of you.
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #352
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillWaters View Post
Mickey mail arrived today!
Yeah for Mickey mail!!! WOOHOO!!!

I was just reading the Wonder is going through the Panama Canal and was in the "locks" earlier this morning so she is making her way across to the West Coast and then up north for us!

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #353
Scleary
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6

Anyone have any tips/suggestions for cruising with an infant? DD will be about 6 months. Also was the time difference a challenge with kids? We live in the midwest...I'm worried my kiddos (who go to bed at 7:30pm, and are up at 6:30am) will have a rough time. Thanks!
Scleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #354
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer
 
808MauiMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
Here's a compiled list for the MUFE. Will update the spreadsheet in a few days.

Total staterooms = 14
DH=14, DW=14
DS=ages 21, 16,, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3,3,3,3 total 10
DD=ages 18,15,13,11,11,11,11,8,8,7,7,5,6months total 13
Total people = 51

MUFE is closed!! Thank you everyone!! Looking forward to a fun filled cruise with all of you.
I forgot one very important stateroom - my in-laws! Total Staterooms =15, DH and DW = 15 ea., Total people = 53. Sorry about that!!
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #355
Dixieland Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Dixieland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scleary View Post
Anyone have any tips/suggestions for cruising with an infant? DD will be about 6 months. Also was the time difference a challenge with kids? We live in the midwest...I'm worried my kiddos (who go to bed at 7:30pm, and are up at 6:30am) will have a rough time. Thanks!
Every cruise we've been on, by the time it was time for bed, my kids were so worn out from the days activities and the excitement, that bedtime was not an issue, despite the time change. Wish I could answer about your DD, but I've never cruised with an infant.
__________________
Marie

Disney Wonder-Alaska-June 17th 2013
NCL Star-Caribbean-April 7th, 2013
NCL Dream-Caribbean-2007
NCL Dream-Caribbean-2006
RCCL-Rhapsody of the Seas-Caribbean-2005
NCL Sea-Caribbean-2004
Dixieland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #356
kandie5775
Earning My Ears
 
kandie5775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scleary View Post
Anyone have any tips/suggestions for cruising with an infant? DD will be about 6 months. Also was the time difference a challenge with kids? We live in the midwest...I'm worried my kiddos (who go to bed at 7:30pm, and are up at 6:30am) will have a rough time. Thanks!
On our first cruise, my son was still an infant (I can't remember how little he was, but he was for sure under a year). My daughter was 6. I was a little nervous about the time change, since we have a very regular rutine for bedtime, but like the other poster said...by the time you're done with dinner, everyone's ready for some rest!
For my son, I didn't have too much concern, other than where he would sleep. The beds are so small, that I didn't really want him in the bed with us...even though that's where he ended up... : We opted to not do a playpen, since the rooms are so small, and instead had them bring in a bed rail and he went to sleep on the bottom bunk while my daughter was on the top bunk. Like I said, that lasted until he woke up the first time, then he was in bed with me...and if memory serves me well, hubby ended up in the bunk.

HTH...
__________________
Kandie

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #357
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by sde20 View Post
I know we may be too late, but would like to like to join the MUFE group,if possible! This is our 3rd disney cruise and we've never does a fish extender group before. Now that my daughter is 11, we think it would be great fun ! I will provide my info. in case you have room left or someone drops out.
We are HAPPY, HAPPY that we wil be cruising next month. Can't wait!! love all the insider scoop we've learned just tonight on this site. Wish we would have known sooner.
There will be three of us: me, husband, and daughter , age 11
Stateroom:2054

Also, I would love for my daughter to penpal/email others before the cruise. She is an only child and I would love for her to meet other kids to hang out with on the cruise! She is 11 years old and is really excited about Alaska. With several days at sea, I would love for her to have some pals!
Welcome! We also have an only child (he's 9.5) and he doesn't go to the kids club too much since he is with us 95% of the time. He will definitely check it out and we have a Palo Brunch booked so he'll go to the club during that time too. He doesn't email right now but I wanted to say, "I understand your situation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scleary View Post
Anyone have any tips/suggestions for cruising with an infant? DD will be about 6 months. Also was the time difference a challenge with kids? We live in the midwest...I'm worried my kiddos (who go to bed at 7:30pm, and are up at 6:30am) will have a rough time. Thanks!
I haven't cruised with an infant, however my DS has about the same sleep schedule you just mentioned. He is usually in bed by 8pm on school/week nights and the weekend, maybe 9pm. The reason being - he wakes up at 6am every day! We are flying in two days before the cruise to Vancouver to adjust to the time different from the East Coast so hopefully this helps. We know we won't sleep 100% like we do at home, but we try not to overdo it. We are doing a lot more excursions on this cruise so I expect we will all crash at night!

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #358
Astonsmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5

Fish Extenders?

Hi there!

I just discovered this site! We are going on our first Disney Cruise and are so excited. Is it too late to join for the FE? Or the roaming mickey? We would like to do both. We have two staterooms and 7 people cruising. I understand if it is too late, but at any rate we would love to meet up with some of you on the cruise. I won't post our info until I know if we can join (or not).

Thanks!

Elisabeth
Astonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #359
Aurora1959
The glorious day when they go back to school
I've never gotten it in different doses
now if I could just get some of those chocolates
 
Aurora1959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 430

Got our Mickey Mail yesterday. Can't wait, clock is ticking.
__________________
Carrie, Jon (DH), Tristan (DS-18), Garet Jax(DS-15) ,
Rumor , Obi-Wan , Dillon
Aurora1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #360
Scleary
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6

Thanks for the advice! I'm guessing my DS will adjust ok--run on adrenaline and mickey excitement, then crash. Planning on nap times for sure!
Scleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.