Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #226
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Love, love LOVE the Roaming Mickey and the Pixar Pals graphics! I might be using the PP for my own magnet thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewell24 View Post
Erica,

So I called to ask about adding a night before. Unfortunatly, since I booked through a travel agent (my MIL) the Disney agent wasn't able to help me. But I asked what would happen if something went wrong on the flights and we missed embarkation. She said since Disney was handling the flight arrangements they would make sure that we got to the next port.

After I hung I up stressed for a moment and decided that I was going to call to add a night, but then I decided to keep calm and go with it. I mean in the small chance something goes wrong, Disney will take care of it and we will have our own unique port adventures in Alaska till we catch up with the boat. Which would probably include something we would have paid for the chance to do.

Are you flying out of MCO? We will be flying out of TPA. My sister used to live up in Maitland, practically a neighbor. I love the Geek Series Trip Reports! Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

Michele
I'm glad you got some peace of mind. The advantage of booking through Disney is they will MAKE SURE you get there. It'll be a long day, but hey....nap on the plane, right?

Yep, we'll be flying out of MCO. We still haven't booked airfare yet BUT we're hoping if we wait another week the prices will fall a little bit more. That's what my dad insists anyway. Let's hope he's right! I think it's hilarious that your sister lived so close to us, Maitland is only about 5 minutes down the road from us! And you have an Izzi too

Our newbie cruiser friends are getting really excited, asking lots of questions about the Wonder and the itenerary...I was excited before, but talking with them is getting me even MORE excited. It's like reliving our first cruise.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #227
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post

An awesome designer made this for me at my request for Pixar Pals Party night. I made t-shirts for my family. Feel free to make your own shirts!
Omg this is awesome., how did you make it into a shirt? Did you somehow flip the design and print onto an iron-on sheet?

I'm remedial.

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #228
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Omg this is awesome., how did you make it into a shirt? Did you somehow flip the design and print onto an iron-on sheet?

I'm remedial.
Because I still have enough time, I went with a t-shirt company online to print my shirts. You could print it on t-shirt transfer sheets. If you use the one for "dark" fabrics, you don't have to reverse it, there will be a border of white when you iron it on.

Last edited by 808MauiMama; 04-17-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Mentioned the tshirt website I used, but not sure if its ok to do that or not so I took it off. Sorry.
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #229
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wow, I've just come back from a week away and this thread has got BUSY

The Roaming Mickey idea sounds awesome, count us in for that!

It's just me and DH and we are in room 7612

I am keen on the MUFE as well but can we be a TBC for now?

We would like to do it but we are flying in from the UK for two weeks in total so I am concerend about luggage space

If it's only a small group we would be up for it

I'll keep checking back to see when we are near to the closing deadline

Oh and the MUFE logo is wonderful

Not long now peeps
There's six staterooms signed up for MUFE so far. We'll have to wait and see what the count is. You are welcomed to jump in anytime before the deadline. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #230
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

I understand there's suppose to be one RM, but I don't see how anyone would know who's doing it if they're not on this board. There will be a list attached to it - thats what the "rules" tell me to do. Our group should have just one I think otherwise we'll be so busy doing it! hahahha
Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #231
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

I will be traveling with family and I have two nieces - age 13 and 11 who would like to meet fellow teens/tweens via email. Is there a way to private message here? I haven't figured it out yet.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #232
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I understand there's suppose to be one RM, but I don't see how anyone would know who's doing it if they're not on this board. There will be a list attached to it - thats what the "rules" tell me to do. Our group should have just one I think otherwise we'll be so busy doing it! hahahha
That does make sense...otherwise we will be spending all of our day signing and delivering RM's plus FE's......I think its just gonna be fun to roam the halls and look at all the doors.
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #233
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
There's six staterooms signed up for MUFE so far. We'll have to wait and see what the count is. You are welcomed to jump in anytime before the deadline. Thanks!
Cool, I am pretty sure we will do it as it looks like a small group - pencil us in
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #234
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Two months from today.....we will be setting sail!!!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #235
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post

Heather
OMW......can you believe it. Its gonna be so fast from now. I better get on it!!! So much to do, so little time. Can't wait to meet all of you.
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #236
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post

Heather
Eeeeeee!

I should probably book my airfare, huh?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #237
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

hehehehehehehe....I'm starting to allow myself to get really excited now!!

For those of you who have done a FE before, could you give me some ideas on what went over well, what was too much work, ect. Just any ideas / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings!!!

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #238
Jewell24
Off to Neverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh I'm so glad you got everything you wanted
We are doing the Palo brunch on the last sea day as well!
We're also on the 7:15am White Pass Train, but we are doing the Trail Camp on the way back down as we are going to be visiting the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver and we are trying not to double up with so many interesting things to choose from
We are going dog sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau and I can't tell you how excited we are about that
And finally - an 11am PAT
My spreadsheet is nearly complete !!
I saw that many of you were on the early train in Skagway... what made you choose the 7:15 train vs the noon train? Is there a benefit one way over the other?

Also, what is PAT? Thanks.

04/2013 Kidani Village 03/2013 Wilderness Lodge 06/2012 Vero Beach Resort 05/2012 Boardwalk Resort 04/2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 03/2012 Bay Lake Towers 03/2011 Disney Dream 5178 11/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2/2011 Port Orleans 4/2009 & 11/2010 Coronado Springs 06/2008 Polynesian Resort
Jewell24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #239
MommyB
Earning My Ears

I have an 11 year old DD. I cannot send a private message yet as I have only 8 posts and I need 10
MommyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #240
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie5775 View Post
hehehehehehehe....I'm starting to allow myself to get really excited now!!

For those of you who have done a FE before, could you give me some ideas on what went over well, what was too much work, ect. Just any ideas / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings!!!
I've only done one exchange, and it was really fun. Got lots and LOTS of custom-printed pens with our cruise info which I really liked. Some people made magnets, others left postcards with their address on it, others made mini scrapbooks with space left for writing and pictures. Oh, and candy galore. There was a pretty big variety. We also had abolut 40 cabins....so most people exchanged small things. I myself passed out pirate rubber duckies

In the end we had quite the haul! And this was BEFORE we had a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewell24 View Post
I saw that many of you were on the early train in Skagway... what made you choose the 7:15 train vs the noon train? Is there a benefit one way over the other?
Personally we picked the 7:15 because we are early risers (the joy of having a three year old) and because we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time for naps and some casual town strolling later in the day without feeling rushed. We figured we'd be up anyway, and it will be light outside, so why not go ahead and take the early train. We're also on early dinner, so even though we're in port until 7ish we will really only have until about 5 for shopping and such.

So I'll be the one in the hat and gloves, with a travel mug of coffee in her hands!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: