Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #211
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
HI all
We are going to do a Roaming Mickey as well as the MUFE. I'll post a pic of it below. I understand that the Roaming Mickey is placed on stateroom doors, autographed with your name and room number and then passed on to the next room. DISboarders sign up ahead of the cruise to be a part of it. On the last night, whoever has the RM puts it back on the originators door. After the cruise, the RM is scanned here for all to grab as a souvenir. You don't have to part of the MUFE to do the RM, and you can be part of both if you want. Please leave your DISname and cabin number here if you want to be a part of it.

Definitely count me in on the RM.
LvCruzin
Rm 2517
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #212
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We have 6 Staterooms signed up so far for MUFE! 6 more possible sign ups. Thank you all for joining! We're waiting for the rest of you who may be interested!! Final day for sign-up is May 10 and I will post the group by May 15 with the final list so you all can complete your gift counts. I'm a newbie so feel free to make suggestions and they will be considered. THank you!
A big MAHALO's for organizing this...you are AWESOME. Can't wait to meet you and everyone else in our group. THis is gonna be so much fun. I think I am gonna need another suitcase for all the gifts. LOL!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #213
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post
A big MAHALO's for organizing this...you are AWESOME. Can't wait to meet you and everyone else in our group. THis is gonna be so much fun. I think I am gonna need another suitcase for all the gifts. LOL!!!
I can't wait either!! I'm thinking about luggage space
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #214
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that our cruise appears to have the most sold old categories of any in May or June? This being my first cruise, I'm nt sure of the significance of that.
Yep - I did notice it - I think the same day you posted this!! It seems ours is a popular week since the before and after aren't as booked by reviewing CruiseFish either. Pretty interesting. I was hoping we might get a kids sail free - we can hope right?? and it might save a few more $$ but I don't think that's happening. I was also hoping by it not being as sold out, we could get moved to main dining, sooner rather than later so I wouldn't have to worry about that anymore. I check every day and still haven't been moved but I know it can happen closer to sail time.

Quote:
HI all
We are going to do a Roaming Mickey as well as the MUFE. I'll post a pic of it below. I understand that the Roaming Mickey is placed on stateroom doors, autographed with your name and room number and then passed on to the next room. DISboarders sign up ahead of the cruise to be a part of it. On the last night, whoever has the RM puts it back on the originators door. After the cruise, the RM is scanned here for all to grab as a souvenir. You don't have to part of the MUFE to do the RM, and you can be part of both if you want. Please leave your DISname and cabin number here if you want to be a part of it.

Yep, you know I want to do the RM!! DISname - IBelieveInTheMagic and cabin 5132.

We have two months guys - time is getting closer and closer!!
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #215
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I can't wait either!! I'm thinking about luggage space
Depending on how many people and staterooms we get for the MUFE, I may be sending a box to the ship. I'm just leary on the postal service if it will make it.....decisions, decisions....lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #216
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

I'd love to participate in the Roaming Mickey! What a cool idea....this will be my 8th cruise and I've never heard of it before. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
I was hoping we might get a kids sail free - we can hope right?? and it might save a few more $$ but I don't think that's happening.
I will dream right along with you
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #217
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow, I've just come back from a week away and this thread has got BUSY

The Roaming Mickey idea sounds awesome, count us in for that!

It's just me and DH and we are in room 7612

I am keen on the MUFE as well but can we be a TBC for now?

We would like to do it but we are flying in from the UK for two weeks in total so I am concerend about luggage space

If it's only a small group we would be up for it

I'll keep checking back to see when we are near to the closing deadline

Oh and the MUFE logo is wonderful

Not long now peeps
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #218
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I made note of MUFE and RM add-ons up to here. Will post a list at the deadline to make sure I got it all right. Please be sure to check back on May 11th or so for the list.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #219
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hope you are getting excited to be part of the MUFE! Please leave me a message with your info!
bump
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #220
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

This is a sample of a completed Roaming Mickey

This is our Roaming Mickey!!
I will make a list of DIS'rs Stateroom numbers. I will include a sharpie pen and place it on the first person's door. Sign it with your name and room number, place it on the door of the next person asap and so on. On the last night, it gets placed back on my door. When I return, I scan it back here and you all can get a copy! Sounds simple enough - I think? lol

Last edited by 808MauiMama; 04-16-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #221
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

An awesome designer made this for me at my request for Pixar Pals Party night. I made t-shirts for my family. Feel free to make your own shirts!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #222
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:

This is a sample of a completed Roaming Mickey

This is our Roaming Mickey!!
I will make a list of DIS'rs Stateroom numbers. I will include a sharpie pen and place it on the first person's door. Sign it with your name and room number, place it on the door of the next person asap and so on. On the last night, it gets placed back on my door. When I return, I scan it back here and you all can get a copy! Sounds simple enough - I think? lol
Boy, you've been busy girl....this is so awesome!!! Do you think its too much trouble if there are more then 1 RM going around? I guess it would depend on how many rooms we get huh?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #223
MommyB
Earning My Ears

We are up for all of it!! Are you going to post a list after the 21st of everyone?
MommyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #224
Jewell24
Off to Neverland

Keep Calm and Cruise On

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
We are coming from Florida and I would be pretty scared to fly in the day of....I'm not sure what time you have to check in but (a) that would be a pretty long day with no time to recover and (b) it takes about a half hour or so to get from the airport to cruise terminal...plus baggage claim....plus customs....I agree, there are a lot of things that can happen between our neck of the woods and Vancouver!

Is there an option to stay the night before? If so I would take it.

On the other hand, if Disney is arranging the airfare I wouldn't worry as much, because they will make sure you get to the terminal in time.

It's too bad we can't carpool!
Erica,

So I called to ask about adding a night before. Unfortunatly, since I booked through a travel agent (my MIL) the Disney agent wasn't able to help me. But I asked what would happen if something went wrong on the flights and we missed embarkation. She said since Disney was handling the flight arrangements they would make sure that we got to the next port.

After I hung I up stressed for a moment and decided that I was going to call to add a night, but then I decided to keep calm and go with it. I mean in the small chance something goes wrong, Disney will take care of it and we will have our own unique port adventures in Alaska till we catch up with the boat. Which would probably include something we would have paid for the chance to do.

Are you flying out of MCO? We will be flying out of TPA. My sister used to live up in Maitland, practically a neighbor. I love the Geek Series Trip Reports! Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

Michele

04/2013 Kidani Village 03/2013 Wilderness Lodge 06/2012 Vero Beach Resort 05/2012 Boardwalk Resort 04/2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 03/2012 Bay Lake Towers 03/2011 Disney Dream 5178 11/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2/2011 Port Orleans 4/2009 & 11/2010 Coronado Springs 06/2008 Polynesian Resort
Jewell24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #225
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

We'll totally be up for the RM, but we're going to pass on the FE. We have some other traveling before the cruise, working our way up to Vancouver, so we're already luggage space challenged.

DillWaters (Aaron and family)
Room 8016
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: