Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #196
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Hey the Pixar Pals Party is showing up on my activities now! Juneau day, like we thought, from 9:45 to 10:30. Hope it's fun!
Awesome!! Thanks for head's up! Monsters - here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post

Hope you are getting excited to be part of the MUFE! Please leave me a message with your info!
You did a fantastic job! Way to go and very cute!!! I might need to order me some membership cards - lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Anybody think the show that night will be the movie premiere?
I think it's very likely, although I'm trying to remember. When it's a PremEAR at sea, I thought it was the midnight before meaning it would be midnight on 6/20 leading into 6/21 since it's released on 6/21. I might be off on this and perhaps they will change it anyway for us since our Pixar Night is 6/21 now. Either way - it will be so much fun!

Quote:
If you have facebook, look for Graphics for All Lovers of Disney! It will drive you crazy with all the great graphics they have there. One of the designers made that graphic for me and tons more.
Awesome!! I've been meaning to add them and join and I finally did. I had used a bunch of graphics for my own digital scrapbooking and magnets so I appreciate the hard work they all put into this.

The weather has finally warmed up here in NC and we went from 30 and sleet, freezing rain on Good Friday to near 90 the next. We were already melting (LOL) and saying, in June on the Wonder we'll be bragging about our cooler, refreshing weather while our friends are really melting back home!!

I hope you all have a great weekend,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #197
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Awesome!! Thanks for head's up! Monsters - here we come!

You did a fantastic job! Way to go and very cute!!! I might need to order me some membership cards - lol!

I think it's very likely, although I'm trying to remember. When it's a PremEAR at sea, I thought it was the midnight before meaning it would be midnight on 6/20 leading into 6/21 since it's released on 6/21. I might be off on this and perhaps they will change it anyway for us since our Pixar Night is 6/21 now. Either way - it will be so much fun!

Awesome!! I've been meaning to add them and join and I finally did. I had used a bunch of graphics for my own digital scrapbooking and magnets so I appreciate the hard work they all put into this.

The weather has finally warmed up here in NC and we went from 30 and sleet, freezing rain on Good Friday to near 90 the next. We were already melting (LOL) and saying, in June on the Wonder we'll be bragging about our cooler, refreshing weather while our friends are really melting back home!!

I hope you all have a great weekend,
Heather
Hi Heather! We meet again - here! hahaha. Aren't those graphic people awesome. I hope you were able to find some of the ones I requested and use them. I'm still working on the membership card, and I will have them on board. Still trying to figure this all out. We will probably set up a meeting on the first day and I will have them at that time.

I will also have to figure out the Roaming Mickey! Isn't it cute! Are you planning to join the fish extenders? So much to do!
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #198
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewell24 View Post
We are flying straight into Vancouver. I haven't seen our flight arrangements yet, but have to admit I am a little nervous, because I think we fly in the day of the cruise departure, since they have a hotel listed in Vancouver for the night we get back but not the night before the cruise. I keep thinking there are a lot of things that could go wrong between Florida and Vancouver and we should think about coming in a day early. Anyone had experience flying in from the East Coast?
We are coming from Florida and I would be pretty scared to fly in the day of....I'm not sure what time you have to check in but (a) that would be a pretty long day with no time to recover and (b) it takes about a half hour or so to get from the airport to cruise terminal...plus baggage claim....plus customs....I agree, there are a lot of things that can happen between our neck of the woods and Vancouver!

Is there an option to stay the night before? If so I would take it.

On the other hand, if Disney is arranging the airfare I wouldn't worry as much, because they will make sure you get to the terminal in time.

It's too bad we can't carpool!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #199
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi Heather! We meet again - here! hahaha. Aren't those graphic people awesome. I hope you were able to find some of the ones I requested and use them. I'm still working on the membership card, and I will have them on board. Still trying to figure this all out. We will probably set up a meeting on the first day and I will have them at that time.

I will also have to figure out the Roaming Mickey! Isn't it cute! Are you planning to join the fish extenders? So much to do!
Ok....I've been on these threads most of today...I'm so addicted. So what is the roaming Mickey?

I'm confused about when you put the gifts in everyones FE's? Is it spread out throughout the cruise so you get gifts everyday or how does that all work?
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #200
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post

Ok....I've been on these threads most of today...I'm so addicted. So what is the roaming Mickey?

I'm confused about when you put the gifts in everyones FE's? Is it spread out throughout the cruise so you get gifts everyday or how does that all work?
I think it would work best if each stateroom is assigned a day to deliver their gifts. I'll have to wait and see how many rooms we have. I will announce the closing date soon.

Roaming Mickey is a door magnet with the roaming gnome that looks like Mickey. I would place on the door of one of our dis members and that room would sign it and then pass it on to the next room and so on. On the last night it would placed back on my door. Then I will scan it and post it here and you all could grab it for a souvenir. Try to see how many rooms it will travel to. I,ll post our graphic here soon.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #201
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Jayne!! Yes, I saved a few graphics I can use in my digital scrapbooking and I'm very grateful for people who take the time to share their work with others!!! I definitely want to do the Roaming Mickey! I was assuming people could do "their own" for souvenir purposes with their own cabin printed on it, but I'm not sure? Do you think we'd have too many floating around then? Maybe we could consider that depending on how many might choose to do it? If not, I'd love a scan when you return!

It's still very unlikely we'll do the FE as we simply don't have the room in our luggage, going or coming home.

OT: For those that have been before, I hear the mosquitos are pretty bad in June - is that true? What do you recommend traveling with? Basic mosquito spray? I'm one of the "lucky" ones that has sweet blood (literally ) so I'm an easy target.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #202
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else noticed that our cruise appears to have the most sold old categories of any in May or June? This being my first cruise, I'm nt sure of the significance of that.

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #203
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

Ok....here's our info:
There are four people in our state room:
Me (31)
DH (37)
DD (8)
DS (almost 3)

We are from California

We upgraded our stateroom, so I don't have our number yet, this is what they gave me:
Room # GTY, Category 09C, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

We are in the main dinner seating

Let me know if I forget anything.

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #204
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Lightbulb

Quote:
I think it would work best if each stateroom is assigned a day to deliver their gifts. I'll have to wait and see how many rooms we have. I will announce the closing date soon.

Roaming Mickey is a door magnet with the roaming gnome that looks like Mickey. I would place on the door of one of our dis members and that room would sign it and then pass it on to the next room and so on. On the last night it would placed back on my door. Then I will scan it and post it here and you all could grab it for a souvenir. Try to see how many rooms it will travel to. I,ll post our graphic here soon.
Love that roaming Mickey idea. I never saw that thing in any posts I read. You are so awesome to find all these things. Getting very excited.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #205
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie5775 View Post
Ok....here's our info:
Me (31)
DH (37)
DD (8)
DS (almost 3)

We are from California

We upgraded our stateroom, so I don't have our number yet, this is what they gave me:

Hello, did they tell you when you will get your stateroom number. We're thinking about doing that too. We may wait to get ours on the day of sailing, but what will happen to the FE if we don't have our stateroom number until then?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #206
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Roaming Mickey

HI all
We are going to do a Roaming Mickey as well as the MUFE. I'll post a pic of it below. I understand that the Roaming Mickey is placed on stateroom doors, autographed with your name and room number and then passed on to the next room. DISboarders sign up ahead of the cruise to be a part of it. On the last night, whoever has the RM puts it back on the originators door. After the cruise, the RM is scanned here for all to grab as a souvenir. You don't have to part of the MUFE to do the RM, and you can be part of both if you want. Please leave your DISname and cabin number here if you want to be a part of it.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #207
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

ok, couldn't figure out how to paste the graphic of the RM here so I'll work on it and get it posted. Sorry.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #208
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post
Hello, did they tell you when you will get your stateroom number. We're thinking about doing that too. We may wait to get ours on the day of sailing, but what will happen to the FE if we don't have our stateroom number until then?
Not sure how that's going to work out, but I'm sure we'll get it done before the cruise. No worries!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #209
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie5775 View Post
Ok....here's our info:
Me (31)
DH (37)
DD (8)
DS (almost 3)

We are from California

Got it, thank you! I'm sure we will get the stateroom number worked out.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #210
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

We have 6 Staterooms signed up so far for MUFE! 6 more possible sign ups. Thank you all for joining! We're waiting for the rest of you who may be interested!! Final day for sign-up is May 10 and I will post the group by May 15 with the final list so you all can complete your gift counts. I'm a newbie so feel free to make suggestions and they will be considered. THank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: