Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #121
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Wow, I just found this today and it's already on page 8?!? I haven't been on the DIS much the last few days so I guess that's why I missed it. You guys had a great room and view at the YC!

Glad you found us

Great price on the car, too. I haven't had a rental car there in years, The times I have had a car was because I drove there. I loved my last 2 trips there where I didn't have to drive at all (especially with Magical Express!) I drive a lot for my job (I am a Home Care RN) and my DH doesn't drive (seizure disorder) and that means whenever we go out I have to do all the driving so I consider it part of my vacation that I can go a week and not have to drive at all! :-)

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, hope the drama isn't too bad!
Dale is the same way! He commutes an hour each way so he likes to let someone else do the driving on vacation too. Thanks but it gets pretty bad, I'm afraid
Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #122
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Off to the Magic Kingdom

When I left off, Dale had just woken up from his nap. It was just before 4pm and we debated should we stick around until the Club Lounge opened at 5pm and get food and then head over to the MK or just head on over. Since we had now been at WDW almost 6 hours and not entered a park...the park won We changed into our MNSSHP "costumes" and headed down to the bus stop. We waited around 15 minutes, with some other party goers, and finally a bus arrived.

We arrived at the MK to find the park all decorated for Halloween....

I think this is common knowledge but in case you don't know...your party ticket allows you to get into the park after 4pm rather than waiting until 7pm when the party starts. We got there around 4:30 and they already had CMs giving out party wrist bands and treat bags. We got ours and headed into the park.

Our first stop was to see the princesses. We met Rapunzel, Belle and Cinderella. They were all lovely and charming. You will have to take my word on that as we have no pictures to share. We used the Photopass instead of our own camera and I somehow managed to come home without our PP card I know you're supposed to take a pic of the number or text it or whatever and I failed to do that. Thank goodness I hadn't done a PP Share or purchase! what a waste of money that would have been!

After our visit with royalty we headed toward Fantasyland.

I was dismayed to see cranes at the castle again! In Feb they were there due to construction and this time they were there putting up the Christmas Lights. I look forward to going when there is no construction going on!

These cute statues are around the hub in front of the castle

When we got to the other side of the castle we spotted Prince Eric's castle. I can't not even tell you how bummed we were that there were no soft openings during our stay! There were some before and more almost immediately after we left! So disappointing. Now we'll have to wait until we go back in June.

Looking the other direction we could see Beast's castle. (Have you seen the video of the restaurant inside the castle? It's AMAZING!)

An artsy view

Some of the new castle wall, I guess you'd call it?

It was time for our first ride of our vacation! What did we pick? Well it's tradition for me to always start with a classic from my first visit in 1972. For this trip we chose.....

Yes! The always fun Haunted Mansion! We skipped the interactive queue and walked right in! Even though our host, our ghost host, had room for 1 more we didn't stick around. On the way out we passed the pet cemetary

I was getting a bit hungry and I knew exactly what I wanted!

A Mickey pretzel!!! Why is it that Mickey shaped food always tastes better?!
We shared the pretzel, a side of cheese dip and a Coke (gosh I drink a lot of Coke, don't I ) and then headed to another classic ride!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me! Again we walked right on

Once we returned to land we decided to set sail for another adventure

Our Jungle Cruise Director was not your usual young college kid. This time we had a more seasoned captain. His delivery was very dry and he was not very entertaining. Oh well, ya win some and ya lose some.

After our cruise it still wasn't party time so we headed over to Tomorrowland. We were able to walk right into the Monsters Laugh Factory.

We always find that show so cute! Caitlin is determined that one day Dale will be "that guy" but it wasn't this time. (of course she would have been really disappointed if he was chosen when she wasn't there so I guess it's all good!) We weren't part of the show but had fun nonetheless!

Finally it was almost party time!! Around 6:45 we decided to head over and get in line for the character we most wanted to meet. We were super excited to see that we would be the first in line to meet........

Hmmmm, who do you think was our #1 meet and greet? You'll have to wait until next time to find out, but let me know your guesses!

Thanks for reading!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #123
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for the Halloween party! So much fun.

Bummer about there not being any soft openings while you were there. I hear ya on having to wait until next year. I am so jealous of everyone going soon. But, on the bright side atleast when we go there will be lot of new and updated stuff.

Hmm, I wonder if your Jungle Cruise skipper was one guy we had a couple years ago. He was older and not very funny. Plus he sat there the whole time which I thought was weird. But like you said, you win some and lose some.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #124
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for the Halloween party! So much fun.

Yes it is

Bummer about there not being any soft openings while you were there. I hear ya on having to wait until next year. I am so jealous of everyone going soon. But, on the bright side atleast when we go there will be lot of new and updated stuff.

Me too! And you're right by the time we're there everything will be open and it makes the next trip extra exciting!

Hmm, I wonder if your Jungle Cruise skipper was one guy we had a couple years ago. He was older and not very funny. Plus he sat there the whole time which I thought was weird. But like you said, you win some and lose some.
I think the best time for the narration is first thing in the morning before they get sick of saying it over and over
Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #125
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Since we had now been at WDW almost 6 hours and not entered a park...the park won
I'm amazed you were even able to put it off that long!

Quote:
We changed into our MNSSHP "costumes" and headed down to the bus stop.
Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Okay, you've got "costumes" in parenthesis so I'm guessing it's not full on custome time... but no pics???? Where's Caitlin when you need her?

Quote:
We arrived at the MK to find the park all decorated for Halloween....
love the candycorn entrance sign.

Quote:
I think this is common knowledge but in case you don't know...your party ticket allows you to get into the park after 4pm rather than waiting until 7pm when the party starts.
We got there around 4pm when we did it. The best part is when they start shooing people out and you get to stay.

Quote:
We used the Photopass instead of our own camera and I somehow managed to come home without our PP card
Oh, carp. That bites.

Quote:
Looking the other direction we could see Beast's castle. (Have you seen the video of the restaurant inside the castle? It's AMAZING!)
No I haven't... I'm going to have to look for it.

Quote:
It was time for our first ride of our vacation! What did we pick? Well it's tradition for me to always start with a classic from my first visit in 1972. For this trip we chose.....
Excellent choice... and not just because it goes with the MNSSHP theme.

Quote:
Yes! The always fun Haunted Mansion! We skipped the interactive queue and walked right in! Even though our host, our ghost host, had room for 1 more we didn't stick around.
Probably a good thing... If you'd stayed, no TR.

Quote:
I was getting a bit hungry and I knew exactly what I wanted!
A Mickey pretzel!!!
Oh man, that looks sooo good.

Quote:
Our Jungle Cruise Director was not your usual young college kid. This time we had a more seasoned captain. His delivery was very dry and he was not very entertaining. Oh well, ya win some and ya lose some.
I wish there was some way to know ahead of time what your captain's going to be like...
"So? Are you getting on or not?"
"I think... not."

Quote:
Finally it was almost party time!! Around 6:45 we decided to head over and get in line for the character we most wanted to meet. We were super excited to see that we would be the first in line to meet........

Hmmmm, who do you think was our #1 meet and greet? You'll have to wait until next time to find out, but let me know your guesses!
Hmmm.... Tough one. I'll go with Maleficient.

Quote:
Thanks for reading!
And thanks for posting! :

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #126
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Gosh, we were at the MK too that afternoon! We didn't have tickets for the party that night, so we were out before 7, but I was looking in the background of your photos for my family!

Did you get in line for Gaston? That was the one Meet and Greet I wanted to do but didn't get around too. He's supposed to be meeting near his tavern now, so I guess we'll get the chance to meet him in April!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #127
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I'm amazed you were even able to put it off that long!
I know, right?!

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Okay, you've got "costumes" in parenthesis so I'm guessing it's not full on custome time... but no pics???? Where's Caitlin when you need her?

You have to wait til the party to see them

love the candycorn entrance sign.

All the decorations are so cute!

We got there around 4pm when we did it. The best part is when they start shooing people out and you get to stay.

True

Oh, carp. That bites.

No I haven't... I'm going to have to look for it.

It really looks amazing! Caitlin thinks she'll cry when when she sees it in person.

Excellent choice... and not just because it goes with the MNSSHP theme.

I'm clever that way

Probably a good thing... If you'd stayed, no TR.

Good point!

Oh man, that looks sooo good.

It was!

I wish there was some way to know ahead of time what your captain's going to be like...
"So? Are you getting on or not?"
"I think... not."

That would be great!
Hmmm.... Tough one. I'll go with Maleficient.

And thanks for posting! :
Wow, Maleficent is a great guess! Wrong, but a great guess. We only saw her at the parade.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #128
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Gosh, we were at the MK too that afternoon! We didn't have tickets for the party that night, so we were out before 7, but I was looking in the background of your photos for my family!

Did you get in line for Gaston? That was the one Meet and Greet I wanted to do but didn't get around too. He's supposed to be meeting near his tavern now, so I guess we'll get the chance to meet him in April!

I wish we had caught you in a pic! That would be great!

We didn't see Gaston that night but we may have seen him at the second party we went to ...I have to say I have been kind of disappointed in the Gastons. I don't think they measure up to how handsome he is supposed to be. We met one a couple years ago and he was very handsome and totally fit the part! Caitlin was beside herself

Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #129
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Joining in..I really enjoyed your last report you wrote. We were there at same time and stayed at SSR as well...I agree with the lack of faith in buses there, we used our rental car after 2nd day...
Oh ya my husband was "that guy" lol kids loved it
Cant wait to here more

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #130
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Joining in..I really enjoyed your last report you wrote. We were there at same time and stayed at SSR as well...I agree with the lack of faith in buses there, we used our rental car after 2nd day...
Oh ya my husband was "that guy" lol kids loved it
Cant wait to here more
Glad to have you along again! Thank you!

SSR is so pretty but so sprawling and with so many stops a car can be a necessity.

That must have been so fun for your family! Your kids will probably always remember that!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #131
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Oh, no! You ended with a cliffhanger! Can't wait to see your costumes. Too bad about your Photopass. I have to agree - Mickey shaped food does taste better. Mickey waffles, Mickey bars.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #132
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Oh, no! You ended with a cliffhanger! Can't wait to see your costumes. Too bad about your Photopass. I have to agree - Mickey shaped food does taste better. Mickey waffles, Mickey bars.

Our costumes were pretty simple but I did get a lot of compliments
I was really disappointed I lost our card. I kept thinking it would turn up but it never did.

Exactly! It just so happens I had Mickey waffles a couple times

Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #133
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great update...I loved the MNSSHP. My guess is Donald or Winnie the Pooh.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #134
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yay! Yall made it into the Magic Kingdom!

Mmmm that pretzel looks SO good right now! I've never seen the Mickey shaped ones though... too cute!

Can't wait to see what you & Dale dressed up as for the party!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #135
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great update...I loved the MNSSHP. My guess is Donald or Winnie the Pooh.
Thank you The party is great, isn't it?! Good guesses but we only saw them in the parade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: