Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #676
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Ugh that totally sucks. It just seems like that guy was an idiot.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Seriously stupid...

KIM
Yeah it was a rough first time on post but luckily after my husband talked to his MP buddy the guy was taken off of the road because I wasn't the first person he had harassed.

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #677
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I can remember the first time I dove on post it was awful. My oldest actually flunked his written drivers test because if the residential speed limit its different on post then off. That's also the only question he missed. We had a good laugh over that.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #678
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Wow. Who'd've thunk it. Our Caitlin... a criminal mastermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Yeah it was a rough first time on post but luckily after my husband talked to his MP buddy the guy was taken off of the road because I wasn't the first person he had harassed.
So does that mean you don't have to pay the tickets? Or did you already?

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #679
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I can remember the first time I dove on post it was awful. My oldest actually flunked his written drivers test because if the residential speed limit its different on post then off. That's also the only question he missed. We had a good laugh over that.
It's a lot different than I am used to. Actually driving in Louisiana period is different

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Wow. Who'd've thunk it. Our Caitlin... a criminal mastermind.

So does that mean you don't have to pay the tickets? Or did you already?
I only look all sweet and innocent!

I had to pay them all but they took the inattentive driving ticket away.

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #680
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Sorry I got so far behind. I even missed the wedding.
I'm so glad Caitlin got her dream wedding with those she loves most. I can't believe how time has flown. Caitlin, I hope your move goes well and that you don't miss home TOO much. Congratulations on the upcoming graduation and Disney trips.

Me DH DD DS
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #681
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

I'm just catching up. Since we are going on a cruise in 3 weeks, I have been cheating on the DIS boards with the Cruise Critic boards.

So I am reading your entry while watching Disney's Haunted Mansion. Such a cute movie. You're so lucky you will be able to see the first Haunted Mansion at DL which is the mansion I believe this movie is based on.

Back to your TR, I really like Columbia Harbor. We ate there for the first time last June. I had never even been inside it before. It really is nice and there is so much room. We enjoyed our meal there too.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #682
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Sorry I got so far behind. I even missed the wedding.
I'm so glad Caitlin got her dream wedding with those she loves most. I can't believe how time has flown. Caitlin, I hope your move goes well and that you don't miss home TOO much. Congratulations on the upcoming graduation and Disney trips.
Thank you! It was a very memorable day!

I was just saying that yesterday! I graduate in a month that doesn't seem possible

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
I'm just catching up. Since we are going on a cruise in 3 weeks, I have been cheating on the DIS boards with the Cruise Critic boards.

So I am reading your entry while watching Disney's Haunted Mansion. Such a cute movie. You're so lucky you will be able to see the first Haunted Mansion at DL which is the mansion I believe this movie is based on.

Back to your TR, I really like Columbia Harbor. We ate there for the first time last June. I had never even been inside it before. It really is nice and there is so much room. We enjoyed our meal there too.
Hope your cruise is magical!

I know I can't wait to see that HM!!!!

I really enjoyed it as well! It is a cute place to sit and people watch

Old 03-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #683
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

CHH is our absolute fav for lunch! I am addicted to that tuna sandwich...tastes like it was made at home! I get so tired of the fried foods so we always look forward to eating here!

Great pics once again!! Happy Easter!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #684
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
CHH is our absolute fav for lunch! I am addicted to that tuna sandwich...tastes like it was made at home! I get so tired of the fried foods so we always look forward to eating here!

Great pics once again!! Happy Easter!
It is a nice change from ordinary park food

Thank you! Happy Easter to you too! I hope you and your family have a wonderful one!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #685
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter (if you celebrate it) We had a wonderful Easter. We started our day very early as we were in charge of our church's Easter breakfast and we had pancake duty. It makes for an exhausting day but it is worth it Following church we had a nice dinner at home and then spent the next several hours watching Disney movies on Netflix

Now back to September....

When Caitlin left off we had spent the morning at the MK and were headed back to Saratoga Springs so we could all take a little break before changing into our costumes and heading back to the MK for MNSSHP

Choosing our costumes had been difficult. My dad isn't too into Halloween so we needed something that wouldn't be too costume-y (is that a word ) We also needed costumes that would appropriate for the Florida heat. None of us wanted to be any hotter than we had to be. So what did we decide? Well see for yourself...

Yep, we were the monsters (albeit simplistically) from Monsters Inc. My dad was Sully, I was Mike, Caitlin was Boo and Andrew was George. You're probably wondering, "Who is George?". George is the "contaminated" monster with the sock on his back. And yes, Andrew had a sock on his back and several times throughout the evening people stopped him and tried to take if off Even though our costumes were very simple we got tons and tons of compliments so it just proves originality counts

After our castle pic we decided to grab some dinner before doing any rides. It was about 4pm so we still had a few hours before the party started. Andrew wanted a burger so we headed over to Pecos Bills. My dad and Andrew were getting the food so I wheeled Caitlin over to a table and waited with her. I wasn't too hungry so all I ordered was onion rings. My sweet son-in-law asked me if I'd like ketchup on them. I unfortunately said "yes". My order of ketchup with a side of onion rings arrived looking like this

He had drowned them in ketchup and I swear I was covered in ketchup before I even ate one

Caitlin had the taco salad. She gave it a thumbs up.

While my dad and Andrew both liked their burgers and fries.

Everyone enjoyed their meals and when we finished it was time to hit some rides. On the way out I got a pic of Caitlin and Andrew.

(you can't see it very well but on her lap she had "little Mike" Boo's stuffed toy)

Our first ride was one we missed earlier

The wait time said "20 min" but since Caitlin was in the wheelchair we used the handicap entrance and barely waited.

Hang on Piglet!

Pooh Bears love hunny!

Hang on Roo!

Silly ol bear

After the ride Caitlin got a pic of Beast's castle

We then headed over to Tomorrowland and went to Monsters Laugh Floor. The CMs there loved our costumes and really fussed over us. My dad was picked to be "Sully" in the story so he had a lot of fun with that. Near the end of the show I looked over and Caitlin was in tears. You see they had placed her in the wheelchair row and she became very emotional. She said she felt very guilty that she would be able to leave the wheelchair behind soon but the other folks there wouldn't have that luxury. And that is how the next phase of her "health issue" began. You see with the ovarian cyst problem she was having the next stage (so to speak) was very hormonal. To be perfectly honest it was like traveling with a woman in menopause. The mood swings came fast and furious and the rest of us had to roll with the punches

It was now time for the party to begin so I will end here and let Caitlin tell you about her first MNSSHP, next time.

Thanks for reading

Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #686
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter (if you celebrate it) We had a wonderful Easter.
Glad you and the family had a wonderful Easter. How great of you to serve pancakes on Easter morning.

Quote:
My dad isn't too into Halloween so we needed something that wouldn't be too costume-y (is that a word )
Of course that's a word. I'm sure it must be in the Disney dictionary at the very least.

Quote:

Adorable! I give you guys an A+++ for originality and creativity! Sounds like the party is off to a good start!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #687
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Glad you and the family had a wonderful Easter. How great of you to serve pancakes on Easter morning.

Thank you.

Of course that's a word. I'm sure it must be in the Disney dictionary at the very least.

Thank goodness for that Disney dictionary

Adorable! I give you guys an A+++ for originality and creativity! Sounds like the party is off to a good start!
Thank you. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays so I love all the planning and preparation as much as the parties

Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #688
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Awwwww...

It must have been difficult for all of you, dealing with hormones! But I feel for Caitlin...You just can't cry in WDW!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #689
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch View Post
It must have been difficult for all of you, dealing with hormones! But I feel for Caitlin...You just can't cry in WDW!
Her hormones were out of control, poor thing, and she had crazy mood swings and hot flashes. I felt so bad for her and Andrew.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #690
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Thanks!

Putting a smile on a face is very very difficult since a smile changes the look of the entire face. The smile usually changes the cheeks, the shape of the eyes, possibly the nose and sometimes the forehead too. Pasting a smile on a face usually results in a wierd look. Usually easier to replace the entire face.

But I'm more than willing.

Thanks for being so accomodating! I was kidding and just giving a sarcastic dig to my son (and teenagers in general)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: