Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #661
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I saw the first sentence and thought I had read that update but apparently not! I am a few days behind catching up with work after spring break. I am so slow with my updates my readers have disappeared too but also I have noticed a lot of TRs I am following aren't moving fast either. So maybe real life is messing up the Disney magic!

I am still trying to catch up from when we went to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Snuck that one past me as well! I try to keep a check on things.

Grandpa's clam chowder looks pretty tasty, I have to say. Planning a trip, so it makes me want to add CHH to the itinerary! I was thinking CR's instead, but hmmm....

Too funny with the doppelganger. It's so good that I thought at first it WAS Andrew and you were making a joke with the wooden statue!

But if Caitlin is now gluten free and ate that sandwich for lunch, I'm expecting some bad news ahead.

I am pretty sneaky!

CHH is so good! You need to try it at least once!

Yeah I know mom and I laughed a lot over that pic

I actually didn't have any other issues with it but once I eliminated wheat from my diet and tried eating it I ended up having an allergic reaction so I am completely gluten free now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Columbia Harbor House is one of our favorites! I love sitting by a window on the 2nd floor!

Yes everyone should ride iasw at least once...unless your teenage daughter hates it then it is used as punishment for sulky attitudes!!

Next update sounds ominous.....!!!
It is a nice place to people watch!

It is!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #662
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Is anyone still reading? No one has commented on Caitlin's update from Friday so I am thinking we lasted too long and lost our readers.
Hope some of you are willing to stick it out with us!

I'm still here... just busy. Today I spent the whole day photographing a charity 5K/10K run. Then home to make supper for the family then gotta watch Amazing Race...

It usually takes me anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours to comment on a post so I don't start unless I've got time.

But I will! I will!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #663
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I'm still here... just busy. Today I spent the whole day photographing a charity 5K/10K run. Then home to make supper for the family then gotta watch Amazing Race...

It usually takes me anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours to comment on a post so I don't start unless I've got time.

But I will! I will!

Wow, busy day, but no worries! I knew you were still with us since you posted just the other day

Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #664
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is anyone still reading? No one has commented on Caitlin's update from Friday so I am thinking we lasted too long and lost our readers.
Hope some of you are willing to stick it out with us!

I just realized now that you updated on Friday. I am used to looking for a update note in your TR title and I didn't see it. I wasn't on the boards much this weekend, except to post myself and now I can't see pictures. So disappointed. But I'll catch up tonight.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 03-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #665
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I left out the part about her being pulled over by 2 MP police cars and 2 MPs on motorcycles though (seriously!)
Say what??? Okay, you can't just drop that in there and leave it like that!

Quote:
Quote:
Pineapple whip with OJ? Oooh, that sounds good.
Andrew wasn't interested. Dad and Caitlin and I shared it though.
Wasn't... interested...

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #666
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
It was very good! But now that I am gluten free it looks gross
That's interesting. I would've thought you'd have the opposite reaction. "I can't have it so I want it" type of reaction.

Quote:
Grandpa had
New England Clam Chowder $4.69
A man after my own heart. I have a hard time passing up clam chowder whenever I see it on the menu too.

Quote:
the first time I went down a bartender sounded exactly like Ray the firefly from it and I sort of geeked out
That would've been funny to see. Did the bartender have any idea why you were behaving like that?

Quote:
We also saw Andrew's doppelganger
Ha, Ha. But... which one? I'm pretty sure I've got him picked out, but you never know...

Quote:
We headed over to It's a Small World.
Oh, no! It's Andrew's first trip! You're so sick you're in a wheelchair and then you fell asleep on your wedding night... hasn't the poor guy suffered enough??? And now this???

Oh, the humanity!

Quote:
Because every person should be subjected to this ride at least once
You're talking about felons here, right? As a form of rehabilitation?
"See? If you re-offend, we take you here."

Actually that's not a bad idea. The crime rate would drop right off.

Quote:
Up Next: Trouble in Paradise and rain lead to one heck of a MNSSHP!
I've been looking forward to that. Can't wait to see you guys in costume! (I hope) Thanks for the chapter!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #667
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can see pictures now! Yeah!

This is too funny!

CHH - love it. All your food looks relish. I love that Salmon dish. I think its very good!

Beautiful pictures. Gorgeous day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #668
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #669
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's interesting. I would've thought you'd have the opposite reaction. "I can't have it so I want it" type of reaction.

Nope I get a scratchy throat whenever I eat wheat so I am over bread

A man after my own heart. I have a hard time passing up clam chowder whenever I see it on the menu too.

That would've been funny to see. Did the bartender have any idea why you were behaving like that?

No I silently texted everyone about it

Ha, Ha. But... which one? I'm pretty sure I've got him picked out, but you never know...

Oh, no! It's Andrew's first trip! You're so sick you're in a wheelchair and then you fell asleep on your wedding night... hasn't the poor guy suffered enough??? And now this???

Oh, the humanity!

You're talking about felons here, right? As a form of rehabilitation?
"See? If you re-offend, we take you here."

Actually that's not a bad idea. The crime rate would drop right off.

I've been looking forward to that. Can't wait to see you guys in costume! (I hope) Thanks for the chapter!
I am not a huge fan of IASW but Mom is. I am not quite sure why but she loves it We will be in costume

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can see pictures now! Yeah!

This is too funny!

CHH - love it. All your food looks relish. I love that Salmon dish. I think its very good!

Beautiful pictures. Gorgeous day!

CHH is very good!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great TR!
Thank you

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #670
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Still here!

@pkondz- nice job removing the crane! May I enlist your services to put a smile on my teenager's face in our pictures, or is that an impossible task?

Columbia Harbor House is my family's favorite CS at MK- this will be the first place we eat in July. I need a do-over because I had planned to go here on my son's class trip in June, but was outvoted by others in the group.

Love the tuna salad sandwich!

Disney seems very sensitive to food issues, so I hope you will find it easy to make choices on your next trip.

So funny that you found Andrew's twin!

BTW- What did Andrew think about It's a Small World?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #671
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Still here!

Columbia Harbor House is my family's favorite CS at MK- this will be the first place we eat in July. I need a do-over because I had planned to go here on my son's class trip in June, but was outvoted by others in the group.

Love the tuna salad sandwich!

Disney seems very sensitive to food issues, so I hope you will find it easy to make choices on your next trip.

So funny that you found Andrew's twin!

BTW- What did Andrew think about It's a Small World?
We have always enjoyed CHH as well!

It was very good!

I am looking forward to eating at Disney for that reason Whenever I go out to eat I have to look up the gluten free menu for the restaurant and it gets to be a bit of a pain it will be nice to sit back and talk to the chef and figure out my options

It was really weird

I think he thought it was okay He doesn't have much of a reaction to things unless he is on a rollercoaster

Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #672
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Still here...I, too, am a rare commenter...(Is that a word?)

Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #673
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
@pkondz- nice job removing the crane! May I enlist your services to put a smile on my teenager's face in our pictures, or is that an impossible task?
Thanks!

Putting a smile on a face is very very difficult since a smile changes the look of the entire face. The smile usually changes the cheeks, the shape of the eyes, possibly the nose and sometimes the forehead too. Pasting a smile on a face usually results in a wierd look. Usually easier to replace the entire face.

But I'm more than willing.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #674
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Say what??? Okay, you can't just drop that in there and leave it like that!
Taken from my online blog
Well today was my first time on post. I am driving my husband's truck which let me tell you is not an easy feat for a 5'3 girl lol. I can barely get it to go over 20 mph without putting my entire weight on the pedal. Plus I am used to a little four door vehicle yeah this is a change. So my job today was to get my id and find my way around to army career services. Well I found my way around alright and even stopped at the PX to pick up some items for the apartment and when I was leaving I was feeling quite confident and after turning out of the parking lot and heading down the road I was about to turn on to the street out of Fort Polk and noticed a cop with their lights behind me. I thought to myslef "they must be turning as well or trying to get past me" so after I turned and they were still there I pulled over. I sat there for about five minutes (felt like 50) watching them wondering what was going on when more cops pulled up another cop car and two motorcycles. I was really confused wondering what had happened. Is this some army wife initiation prank? Did someone see me in my husband's truck and assume it was stolen? Finally one of the motorcycle cops pulled up in front and got out and walked around the side. "Miss please exit the vehicle" I did as I was told holding my proof of insurance, registration and license. (This was my first time being pulled over but I know what to do from movies) I was really confused and the Military Police officer told me to step behind the vehicle. I gave him my stuff and then just stood there. He told that he had been following me since the PX and that I ran a stop sign and was going 45 mph. I was in shock. Then he went on to say I was alluding arrest by not pulling over faster. My jaw hit the ground. The cop had literally come from nowhere and I pulled over the first chance I had. I also felt silly because I am 5'3 110 pounds sopping wet and I am being accused of alluding the cops?!

After the MP waved off the motorcycle cops (they left pretty quickly knowing they didn't need to help restrain me) he told me he would take my stuff and follow me into the hotel parking lot. I did as I was told trying my best to stay under control and not burst out into tears. When we got there he told me to get out and sit on the tailgate of the truck. I couldn't even get the tailgate down! Man I am some tough felon! Oh yeah once I was sitting on the tailgate he told me he had called in a felony and if he hadn't called it off I would have ended up in court and been sentenced to jail time. Really? My record is spotless and I haven't ever gotten into trouble before. I yell at my parents for running yellow lights and I never go over the speed limit. I also attend church regularly and help out as a Sunday School teacher. I am a stereotypical felon?! Seriously?! After sitting on the tailgate for what felt like forever the MP that came in the second cop car was like "Can I go?" the original MP said "Sure I don't think she will cause any issues will you?" I looked at him and smiled "I doubt I could take one of you I don't think there is a need for three" and smiled throughout this time the only things I had said to him were how sorry I was and how this was my first time driving the truck and being on post. He looked pretty sheepish and I think he felt foolish for calling a bunch of cops on me and told me he was going to do the best he could to lower the tickets. Well by the time that was all done he wrote me two tickets. One for running a stop sign and one for going 15 over. I know I did neither of those things unless somehow his reader was set to kmh rather than mph. I was going 30 I go 25-30 around here not knowing the speed limits and will go faster once I see a sign. I knew this street was 30. I also stopped at the stop sign. This isn't my car and this isn't a little 4 door that I can handle. I stop look both ways to make sure I have enough time to cross the road.This cop was ridiculous.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #675
burly
DIS Veteran

Ugh that totally sucks. It just seems like that guy was an idiot.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Seriously stupid...

KIM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: