Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #586
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Thank you.
So sorry to hear about your friend!
Caitlin being in a wheelchair really gave us a better understanding of how rude and lacking compassion people can be towards someone with a physical challenge. It is very sad.

Yes you are right, and most times the people being rude probably don't even really realize it, but it happens nonetheless. Anyhow, just re-read what I wrote, I meant to type coke slurpee, not a cone slurpee. lol

PS- after reading your review on the Trex restaurant, I am thinking about taking my family there when we are in Disney next month. My son loves dinosaurs, and loves ribs too which you said were awesome. So I think that will be on our list of places to eat!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #587
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
I feel so bad for Caitlin being sick on her wedding day. Glad she was feeling a bit better for lunch. The hostess was unbelievably rude! I wonder how she treats special needs families?
Thank you. We were glad to see Caitlin showing some improvement too. That hostess needed was the worst but we encountered a lot of rude people that trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #588
FancyNancy
Princess

I found your TR the other day and am all caught up! Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #589
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I found your TR the other day and am all caught up! Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Welcome! Glad to have you joining us

Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #590
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Finally, finally all caught up!

Even though it didn't go as planned, the ceremony sounds perfect. To have your dad officiating, that sounds so special and meaningful to me. Love all the photos and the dress as well! Looks comfy and pretty!

Sorry to hear about all the rudeness you guys encountered.

Oh and looks like our paths ,might cross again in May!!!! We'll be there the same time! I am so excited that the Flower and Garden festival is now turning more into Flower and Garden plus some Food and Wine! I've always wanted to go to Food and Wine, and now I kind of am! Dole Whip with a spiced rum? Bellinis? Yes please!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #591
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up....Great TR!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #592
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Finally, finally all caught up!

Glad you're still here and all caught up

Even though it didn't go as planned, the ceremony sounds perfect. To have your dad officiating, that sounds so special and meaningful to me. Love all the photos and the dress as well! Looks comfy and pretty!

It was a lovely ceremony and it meant a lot to both Dale and Caitlin that he did the ceremony. Orginally she was going to wear heels then the day before our trip Dale and I were out shopping and saw the "wedding Tom's". We discussed it and decided she might have trouble being on a boat in heels. It ended up being a great decision as there was no way she could have walked in heels as sick as she was.

Sorry to hear about all the rudeness you guys encountered.

Thank you. It is sad how lacking in sensitivity some people can be.

Oh and looks like our paths ,might cross again in May!!!! We'll be there the same time! I am so excited that the Flower and Garden festival is now turning more into Flower and Garden plus some Food and Wine! I've always wanted to go to Food and Wine, and now I kind of am! Dole Whip with a spiced rum? Bellinis? Yes please!
We are so excited for the new food booths at F&G too. I hope our paths cross and we can say "hello". We'd love to see how your little princess has grown

Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #593
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Just caught up....Great TR!
Thank you

Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #594
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

So I thought I would post an update before I leave for Louisiana for spring break!!!

After lunch it was time for some shopping!!! It's Disney law that you cannot go to Downtown Disney and leave empty handed!

The only downside was shopping in a wheel chair with a newbie pushing you around does not work. I knew what I was looking for, where it would be and wanted to get in and get out. Andrew on the other hand wanted to stop and look at everything.. I know women are supposed to be the "browsers" and men the "missioners" but I am definitely a "missioner" meaning I don't browse more than I have to

I had been looking at the Disney halloween stuff for a while and knew exactly what decorations I wanted for mine and Andrew's future apartment and World of Disney had most of it I had the hardest time finding the Haunted Mansion tombstones which leads to more drama in the future...

After World of Disney we went to the Art of Disney shop because I wanted a print for the apartment. We ended up buying the picture of Mickey and Minnie just married and they are chillin on the beach at the GF near the wedding chapel

Once that mission was done it was time for a snack break.

I of course needed one of my caramel apples and although I didn't eat too much of it my new husband was more than happy to polish it off.

This is how he usually eats. I always said I wanted a romance like Beauty and the Beast

We stopped for some pictures.

Next was vinylmation time. I had my eye on the new Haunted Mansion set and the Pirates of the Carribean set. I ended up with one from both of those and one of the carnival ones (I was praying I didn't get the clown one).

After that shopping we sat for a bit near the hot air balloon because someone needed to make a telephone call. I think it was grandpa

Then we headed back to the room. Tonight was the Tower of Terror 10 mile party! DHS was closed to the public and only open to the racers and people with party tickets! This would be Andrew's first time at DHS!

I was pretty excited to go even though I couldn't run and after getting ready and resting we headed to the Beach club to park. Things started going downhill though. I started not feeling too well and getting very crabby. I was out of tylenol and between the pain and feeling sick it was a lot to handle. Andrew and I raced through the hotel to get me some more tylenol, some saltines and a bottle of water.

Luckily after that I felt better and we continued on to the party. DHS was packed with runners and it was cool seeing everyone decked out in their outfits. We headed to the park gates and I just love DHS at night!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #595
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Our first stop was Tower of Terror because we thought this would be the busiest once the race was over.

Grandpa and Andrew got in line while Mom and I waited.

I was pretty sad I couldn't ride with him but luckily grandpa was more than happy to and once they were done they went right back on!

After they were done there it was RNR time!

Grandpa and Andrew raced off while Mom and I waited. Andrew loved this one and the pictures of them on the ride were pretty funny!

They rode this twice then we needed to head to the holy grail... TSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was nice to just walk over there and not be hit by anyone or have to be running and tripping people. In fact they were playing gangnam style on the way over and I happily did the dance in my wheel chair

We went through the line and were ushered to the wheel chair accessible area. All of the CMs who worked the wheel chair lane here were super nice Which was great after the people we ran in to at TREX!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #596
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

We ended up riding three times back to back and everyone having a chance to sit with everyone else. Andrew won each time.

I was feeling a bit better so we decided Star Tours was next!

For those of you that don't know I am a huge Star Wars fan. Mine and Andrew's Christmas decorations revolve solely around Star Wars. Ornaments, stockings, cookie jars, you name it I probably have it I love everything about the movies (except the new ones) and can happily sit and watch the old ones whenever. Also one of the head cashiers at my job calls me "Darth".

On our way over there we heard some heavy breathing...The kind that screams James Earl Jones... Yes DARTH VADER WAS OUT MEETING GUESTS! Cue the fan girl screaming and me with a huge grin on my face! I insisted we stopped but honestly I didn't need to the other three saw how happy I was and there wasn't a bunch of times on this trip where happiness beat out the sickness.

Once we got closer I refused to take pictures in the wheel chair. I did this for the entire trip so you will probably think hey she looks good.. Yeah I do but I wasn't feeling it..Movie magic people!

I told him he is my all time favorite villain and I would have asked for the choking pose but the guy in front of me already asked him. If you are questioning this in the first movie he chokes one of the guys with his hand held out using just the force. (God is he awesome or what?!) I have seen a couple pictures like this on the DIS but refrained.

Then I posed like the bad a$$ I am because if you hang out with Darth Vader you just become one while my husband didn't realize the royalty he was standing next to (I don't actually think Andrew has seen the movies or are as into them as I am but he pretends and it's appreciated)

Then we headed on to the ride! Yep I actually rode this one! I didn't feel too sick afterward but I was fading fast.

Next stop Muppetvision 3d!

I fell asleep a couple times during the movie but I did take a couple pics.

I don't like this movie and I wish they would update it. I get it being true to Jim Henson and all but keep the same beginning or something then change it. I mean at the end all of the clothing the tourists are wearing screams "THIS MOVIE IS SUPER OLD".

After this it was time to head out. I was beat!

We headed back to the car and took off towards All Star Movies where Andrew and I were staying....but we ended up back in the DHS parking lot after driving for a while. The parking lot was closed and I am not quite sure how we ended up getting out of the area but we did This won't be the last time we get lost on Disney property

Once we finally got back we headed to bed. This was our wedding night and once Andrew got out of the shower I was sound asleep. He was very worried about me so he ended up sleeping in the other bed. Yep we didn't even share a bed on our wedding night ...What will the next day bring?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #597
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe how well you are hanging in there in spite of the pain and exhaustion. Your family really managed to do a lot at HS-

Awesome pictures of the Studios at night! The ones of ToT are particularly striking.

I love the original Star Wars movies, too (maybe not quite as much as you), but I haven't really been able to get into the newer, older stories.

Do we get to see the treasures you picked up during your shopping adventure?

I hope you have a great spring break!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #598
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow, I can't believe how well you are hanging in there in spite of the pain and exhaustion. Your family really managed to do a lot at HS-

Awesome pictures of the Studios at night! The ones of ToT are particularly striking.

I love the original Star Wars movies, too (maybe not quite as much as you), but I haven't really been able to get into the newer, older stories.

Do we get to see the treasures you picked up during your shopping adventure?

I hope you have a great spring break!
The wheel chair really helped out a lot! I was able to take it easy and that's really what made the difference. Plus lots of tylenol

Thank you! I was very proud of myself! Our new camera is amazing!

Lol yeah the old ones are very good! The new ones not so much but I am hoping now that Disney has control of the Star Wars series the new movies will be better!

I actually don't think I took any pics of them and now everything is packed away

Thank you!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #599
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Nice pictures and great update. Enjoy the Break!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #600
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Nice pictures and great update. Enjoy the Break!
Thank you I will!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: