Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #557
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Congrats on your marriage, you guys both look so happy in the photos!
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie0311 View Post
Beautiful wedding story, congrats again on your marriage!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Congratulations! You look great and not the least bit sick. I'm glad you were able to have the wedding that YOU wanted.
Thank you!

Yeah in most pictures I hid how sick I was pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellegirl View Post
First of all....
Congratulations! The wedding looked very sweet and you both look so much in love. I joke with my daughter, who is only 6, that I would love for her to get married at Disney. I get the typical kid response of, "ewwwww, I am not getting married!".

I am sure someday she will come around

Also "Hello fellow Michiganders!" We are in the metro Detroit Area and also love cheering on the Tigers.

Awesome! Welcome to our TR!

I don't usually post, just lurk, but your story and pictures really make me feel like my family is there with you.

I love the red shirt you wore to HS.

I have enjoyed reading the report so far and look forward to the rest of the story.

Aw thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Congratulations Caitlin!
Thank you!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #558
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
What better day to post about a wedding than Valentine's day?!
You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Quote:
Finally the moment you all have been waiting so patiently for!
I was going to make a joke here and say something like, "Yay! I couldn't wait for the MK day!"

But... naw. I want to know all the details of yours and Andrew's big day!

Quote:
I was feeling horrible but as a true testament to how much I love Andrew I put that all aside to get married.
Uh, huh. Or were you thinking, "Just get it together for a few hours girl. Then once we're married, he'll have to take care of me. In sickness and in health, ya know." <rubs hands gleefully and evilly together>

Quote:
The original plan for our wedding was getting a pontoon boat from the Grand Floridian and having our wedding in the lake in front of the Magic Kingdom but with my stomach issues we weren't sure how my body would react to the waves and a moving boat.
Too bad you weren't feeling well enough to do that... but I'm quite impressed with the way you guys came up with a 'Plan B'.

Quote:
This morning we were scrambling for places to get married when we remembered that there was a little pavilion just around the corner from our room.
Can anyone say: "serendipity"?

Quote:
Well the boys came to the room first so there was no dramatic Bride entrance
Do you regret that? Or are you okay with it?

To some brides it's a big deal, for others not at all.

Quote:
We were glowing from all of the excitement and headed to the pavilion.
I've shot a couple of weddings and there's nothing more amazing then the way the bride glows. You just can't fake that.

Quote:
There was a lone CM working in the garden area and I am pretty sure she knew what we were doing but just left us to it and the next time we saw someone wasn't until after we were married.
Nice.

Quote:
We took our places at the spur of the moment alter and my dad performed the ceremony.
What a special Father/Daughter moment.

Quote:
Once the ceremony was done we realized the camera didn't have an sd card in it So these are our staged ceremony pictures.
Oh no! But the staged shots are very nice.

Quote:
I've already learned that you wore these toms... but when I first saw this pic I thought, "Oh, she's already changed out of her high heels."

Quote:

My dad said a toast to our marriage and I love the look on Andrew's face in this picture.

You're right. That's a great pic.

Quote:
Andrew and I had bellinis so for a while I was feeling a lot better!
Oh? Why is that? Could you please explain it in detail???

Quote:
For breakfast dad had

I like your dad even more now. That's my fave brekkie.

mmmmmm.... eggs Bennie...

Quote:
My favorite shot!

Quote:
Then I started feeling sick again and decided to head back to the room.
Awww... too bad. But at least you were able to get through the important bits.

Quote:
Andrew and I chose to elope because of the family issues he was having and although this definitely didn't solve anything this wedding was more "us".
I hear ya. I know a few people that have done the same... for the same reasons.

Quote:
It was with the people we loved in a place that I love and he fell in love with.
And that's what's really important, right?

Quote:
but with the demands the family was making I felt more like I was trying to please them then do anything I wanted to do.
That bugs me. Who's day is it anyway? Yours and Andrew's. They had their day, now let you have yours.

Grrrr.....

Quote:
My dream since i was 12 was to be married in Disney and marrying Andrew in Disney made all my dreams come true.
What are you trying to do to me?!? Now I need a kleenex....

Quote:

Happy Valetine's Day!
Right back atcha to you and yours.

Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #559
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Love your wedding photos! What a perfect place to get married and perfect for you and Andrew! So sad to hear you were sick but at least were feeling better for the ceremony.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 02-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #560
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Yep put it off for almost six months just so I could post it on V day!

I was going to make a joke here and say something like, "Yay! I couldn't wait for the MK day!"

But... naw. I want to know all the details of yours and Andrew's big day!

Uh, huh. Or were you thinking, "Just get it together for a few hours girl. Then once we're married, he'll have to take care of me. In sickness and in health, ya know." <rubs hands gleefully and evilly together>

Not exactly

Too bad you weren't feeling well enough to do that... but I'm quite impressed with the way you guys came up with a 'Plan B'.

I always have a back up plan

Can anyone say: "serendipity"?

Do you regret that? Or are you okay with it?

To some brides it's a big deal, for others not at all.

I did regret it at the time but when we had our wedding blessing I got a redo

I've shot a couple of weddings and there's nothing more amazing then the way the bride glows. You just can't fake that.

Nice.

What a special Father/Daughter moment.

It was very nice

Oh no! But the staged shots are very nice.

Thank you!

I've already learned that you wore these toms... but when I first saw this pic I thought, "Oh, she's already changed out of her high heels."

Yeah I am not really a high heels girl unless I am dressed up and I am pretty sure with how sick I was I wouldn't have been able to stand up straight in them

You're right. That's a great pic.

Oh? Why is that? Could you please explain it in detail???

Alcohol makes the good times roll!

I like your dad even more now. That's my fave brekkie.

mmmmmm.... eggs Bennie...

My favorite shot!

Thank you!

Awww... too bad. But at least you were able to get through the important bits.

True but the day sort of does a rollercoaster from here on out with its ups and downs.

I hear ya. I know a few people that have done the same... for the same reasons.

And that's what's really important, right?

That bugs me. Who's day is it anyway? Yours and Andrew's. They had their day, now let you have yours.

Grrrr.....

I felt the same way. It was really too bad and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. It's just I wanted it to be about me and Andrew and after having to involve family members that I didn't really have a connection with in the wedding it got a little out of hand

What are you trying to do to me?!? Now I need a kleenex....

Right back atcha to you and yours.

Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.
Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Love your wedding photos! What a perfect place to get married and perfect for you and Andrew! So sad to hear you were sick but at least were feeling better for the ceremony.
Thank you! It was an amazing wedding! I was so glad I felt better for a while!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #561
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had a great wedding. I got to wear Toms and be comfortable rather than wearing a some huge dress and heels. Andrew and I chose to elope because of the family issues he was having and although this definitely didn't solve anything this wedding was more "us". It was with the people we loved in a place that I love and he fell in love with. We can always go visit where we got married and we made wonderful memories on this trip. I always wanted a wedding that was about me and the person I was with and the covenant we were making with God and this wedding included all of that. We really got to make our bond together rather than put on a show for others. Not saying all big weddings are like that but with the demands the family was making I felt more like I was trying to please them then do anything I wanted to do. I also was lucky to get both this wedding and a blessing at my church where I got to wear the big poofy dress and have my other family members be there so I truly got the best of both worlds. My dream since i was 12 was to be married in Disney and marrying Andrew in Disney made all my dreams come true.

Happy Valetine's Day!
I have been lurking through but read this and almost got teary! I love that view on weddings versus the "big show." AND you got to wear Toms!!

Best wishes to both of you
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #562
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
I have been lurking through but read this and almost got teary! I love that view on weddings versus the "big show." AND you got to wear Toms!!

Best wishes to both of you
Thank you for reading and posting!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #563
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Sorry it has been so long between posts but life here is keeping us pretty busy! Just 9 weeks until Caitlin graduates from college and then makes her big move to Louisiana Time passes much too quickly!

Anyway, back to Sept. When Caitlin left off we had just had their intimate, lovely ceremony followed by a wonderful breakfast at the Grand Floridian. After a nice walk around the GF we loaded back into the car and headed back to SSR. The morning's events had exhausted our girl and she fell asleep as soon as the car began moving.

When we got to the room I asked Caitlin if she thought she would be able to walk around the parks since she still seemed so weak and tired. She answered honestly that she wasn't sure she could. We decided we needed to get her a wheelchair so I looked up the number to "Walker Mobility". I have booked ecvs and wheelchairs for clients through them so I knew they were a good company. However, when we called they said they were "out of wheelchairs"

Always one to have a "plan B" I had Dale call the SSR front desk and ask if they had a wheelchair we could borrow. They were very helpful and said we could pick it up in about 30 minutes. (this is an awesome FREE service Disney resorts have that few people know about!)

After the wheelchair was arranged we decided to let Caitlin take a nap while the rest of us hit the pool. We were too far from the Main Pool so we walked over to the Paddock pool.

This pool is really cute and has a slide which Andrew loved!

He had so much fun on the slide he was like a little kid. We could hear him laughing and hollering all the way down the slide

Here is the view from our seats

They also have a nice kiddie area at that pool.

I like the small horse details they add to continue the theming.

After about an hour we headed back to the room. Caitlin woke up when we got there and said she was hungry. This was a great sign!

Around 1:30 we headed up to the main building and picked up her wheelchair. We said "goodbye" to Dale as he was headed home since he had to be back to work the next day. He really hated leaving so soon after the wedding but he was glad to have had some family time anyway.

The rest of us then piled into the car and headed to DTD. Where did we end up for the wedding day lunch? Someplace romantic? Somewhere intimate and quiet?

Nope and nope! We ended up here

Caitlin wanted something like a Slurpee to drink and I remembered seeing kids with them at TRex so that is where we went.

We didn't have a reservation but had no problem getting a table. We did however get our first taste of how rude and inconsiderate people can be towards someone with a disability. You see Caitlin remained in the wheelchair as Andrew wheeled her to our table. When we were seated the hostess handed out the menus but skipped Caitlin. She then looked at me and said, "would she like a kid's menu?" I replied, "she is 21 and just got married today". The hostess never apologized and looked at Andrew sympathetically and gave Caitlin the kids menu anyway. I was not too pleased with her attitude! Thankfully we got a good waitress who made up for the hostess.

Our view of the place

Ironically, Caitlin ended up ordering from the kids menu and she and Andrew colored as they waited for their food

I have to say we all really enjoyed this meal! The food was surprisingly good!

I had the ribs which were honestly the best ribs I've ever had at Disney. The meat was "fall off the bone tender" and the sauce was great too!

The portion was much too big for me so my new son-in-law gladly finished it for me

Andrew had the pulled pork sandwich which he devoured!

Caitlin chose the kids dino shaped chicken nuggets. She only ate about half of it but she did manage to keep it down

Grandpa went with the fish and chips. He said it was delicious!

Once we were done eating it was time to get our shop on and maybe even find some dessert I'll stop here though and let Caitlin tell you about that, next time.

Thanks for reading

Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #564
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Well, that is certainly not the traditional wedding day!!!

My youngest son is a dino lover, so T-Rex is our go-to place at DTD. The food is surprisingly good and the portions are huge. The atmosphere is incredible.

Wow, just wow, on the hostess. But I think it is hilarious that Caitlin ended up ordering from the kids menu and the newlyweds colored!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #565
thecapells
Disney Dad

The kids LOVE T-Rex and make it a must-do for us everytime.
We always find the food better than expected and much larger as well!
The deal is the kids can eat here and then Mom can shop afterwards!

Glad Caitlin was feeling much better (although sorry to hear about the rude hostess).
Hopefully some shopping will get her feeling back to normal!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #566
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

What a fun place to go for a wedding lunch! You guys were certainly embracing a non-traditional wedding day! I'm glad to hear that Catlin was feeling better and how weird about that hostess! Good to hear that your waitress was much nicer!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #567
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Glad Caitlin made it to lunch and everything looks really good right now - I'm ready for lunch! I'm hoping you all were able to get out and enjoy more of the day. One thing's for sure - it's a wedding day none of you will forget!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #568
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Well, that is certainly not the traditional wedding day!!!

It certainly wasn't but then again Caitlin is not the traditional bride type

My youngest son is a dino lover, so T-Rex is our go-to place at DTD. The food is surprisingly good and the portions are huge. The atmosphere is incredible.

Totally agree!

Wow, just wow, on the hostess. But I think it is hilarious that Caitlin ended up ordering from the kids menu and the newlyweds colored!

They looked really cute coloring together
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #569
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
The kids LOVE T-Rex and make it a must-do for us everytime.
We always find the food better than expected and much larger as well!
The deal is the kids can eat here and then Mom can shop afterwards!

Glad Caitlin was feeling much better (although sorry to hear about the rude hostess).
Hopefully some shopping will get her feeling back to normal!
It's great that a place that kids love actually has good food too!

She was feeling better but sadly, she remained sick enough that she spent the rest of the trip wheelchair bound.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #570
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
What a fun place to go for a wedding lunch! You guys were certainly embracing a non-traditional wedding day! I'm glad to hear that Catlin was feeling better and how weird about that hostess! Good to hear that your waitress was much nicer!
Our original plan had been a nice lunch at Fulton's but Caitlin just wasn't feeling that so we shook things up and did TRex. Untraditional but very fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: