Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #496
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love this view! So pretty!
Thank you
Breakfast looks amazing! I really want to eat at Olivia's in June and hope we have time to make it there.

I think you'd really like it so I hope you can fit it in.

You guys got a lot done in only a couple hours.

I think everyone else was at Epcot for the opening of Food and Wine.

Yeah for a safe flight for Caitlin and her grandpa! Will she be doing the next update. I know she wasn't feeling well and I'm curious as to how all that turned out.
Yes the next update is Caitlin.
Denny and I will be eating at Be Our Guest in June! Looking forward to it.
I hope it lives up to all the hype. We are planning to try their counter service lunch and we have an adr for dinner.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #497
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
+1

I can't wait to see it all in April. Seems like forever away.

We have until May so I understand how you feel. 100 days for us

I didn't realize you could walk from CR to MK. So many things to learn all the time. lol That's why I love TRs!!

Yes there is a sidewalk from CR to MK. It is maybe 10 minutes?

That strawberry looked delicious.
My Disney guilty pleasure! I will be having at least one in May

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #498
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Last I left off Grandpa and I were waiting for Mom and Dad st SSR. When they showed up we all exchanged hugs and hopped in the car to head to the Wide World of Sports complex. Even though I wasn't participating in the Tower of Terror 10 Mile we were going to the party so we needed to pick up my race packet.

When we got there we headed to find Grandpa and I some lunch! We were both starving and were trying to find a place that was easily accessible.

Our entertainment during lunch was watching these two guys film their ESPN show.

My lunch was their veggie wrap

Fresh Vegetable Sandwich - Roasted mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, red and green peppers, red onion, parmesan cheese, tomato, with aged balsamic vinaigrette, and avocado-garlic mayo served on pita bread $9

It was pretty good. I mean I wasn't eating much so I ate bits of this.

Grandpa had

New England Clam Chowder - tender clams and potatoes in a rich cream broth $3.49

He claims ESPN has the best clam chowder and after having it at two other places I am pretty sure he is the King of WDW chowder.

After we were done we waited a bit because the fourth member of our party had just arrived!!! Yep Andrew finally showed up to enjoy our vacation to! This was his first time to Disney so he was pretty excited and we wanted to make it memorable for him

Once he had eaten, a hamburger with bacon , we headed to the actual expo.

We didnt end up buying anything and I really liked the Expedition Everest one better. On our way out we took one picture

Yeah another lacking in pictures update sorry. After we left we headed to Shades of Green to pick up the military tickets. The only issue we found with this was the four day tickets expired during our stay so we had to buy a one day ticket Keep this in mind if you are military and going at the end of September! We enjoyed looking around Shades of Green and saw a lot of it since we got lost going back to the car.

Once we were done there it was mine and Andrew's job to go to MK and get the tickets activated and meet everyone back at SSR. We got dropped off at the Poly and while heading to the Monorail I pointed out hidden Mickeys to Andrew. I was very upset we didn't have the camera because of course we got the Avengorail. We sat in the Hulk section and I proceeded to give Andrew the tour and explanation of all of the areas.

Once at the Magic Kingdom we got the tickets activated and let me tell you it was hard not to rush into the park! Luckily before we got done it started raining. It wasn't raining too bad so we walked slowly to the bus stops. About half way there a monsoon hit and Andrew and I ran laughing through the rain. It was quite cute

We got off the bus at SSR and got lost going back to the room We actually had to have mom and dad come pick us up

Once we were back at the room Mom, Dad and Grandpa headed out. Mom and Grandpa had a dinner at Cape May and Dad would be going to Hollywood Horror Nights with Andrew and I but Andrew and I needed to dry off first.

Our Walking Dead t shirts on and all dried off we hopped in the car to head to Universal....

Next up:
OH SHE'S PUKING!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #499
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Halloween Horror nights - you are brave! And I don't like the sound of that next update title...I hope that wasn't you Caitlin!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #500
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Halloween Horror nights - you are brave! And I don't like the sound of that next update title...I hope that wasn't you Caitlin!
I figured I would be pretty scared but the Walking Dead house sounded so cool I couldn't pass it up!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Last edited by PrincessCaitlin; 01-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #501
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears

Lol about getting caught in the monsoon. It's funny how that aways happens in Orlando.
Can't wait to hear about HHN! Such a brave brave girl! It looks so fun-even though I know I'd never make it through even 1 scarehouse.

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #502
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlekay View Post
Lol about getting caught in the monsoon. It's funny how that aways happens in Orlando.
Can't wait to hear about HHN! Such a brave brave girl! It looks so fun-even though I know I'd never make it through even 1 scarehouse.
It was a cute moment!

Our night will be in the next update or two

Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #503
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Well that wrap looked pretty appetizing until I got to the "Next Up". Yikes!

Glad Andrew made it in! I think I'm braced for more drama ...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #504
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Well that wrap looked pretty appetizing until I got to the "Next Up". Yikes!

Glad Andrew made it in! I think I'm braced for more drama ...
The wrap had nothing to do with it

Good you need to be! Each day brought it's own bit of drama

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #505
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I was a bit behind. Sorry ladies! The Beach Club/Yacht Club folks have been keeping me hopping! I think we have had 30-40 people announcing trips since the beginning of the year!

What a bummer that you were feeling so lousy before you left for your trip, Caitlin. I'm glad you made it to Disney without incident, though!

Dawn, what a yummy looking breakfast and a great morning at MK! I love the picture of Cinderella's castle without anyone in the pictures.

You started the way we usually do- Peter Pan first thing. We only go on that first thing or with FP. There is no way you will get us to wait in the standby line- it's long, it's boring and the wait time signboard lies! The combination of it being a slow loader and a ride that everyone can go on is deadly!

I can't do the spinny or circular rides. Astro-orbitor did me in once. I've never been on Dumbo, but I think I will try it out some day. Teacups? NEVER!

for Andrew's arrival!

I have never seen Wide World of Sports, so it was really great seeing your pictures.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #506
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Wow, the expo looks mobbed! Glad you got to grab lunch without too much trouble!

Yeah, the military discounts always seem to end on Oct 1st. It makes traveling during the early fall challenging. We were there at the same time as you and I actually had to make two separate hotel reservations one from Sept 1st-30th and one just for Oct 1st, since there were two different discounts. I was so happy that we didn't have to change rooms!

I also think you are really brave to go to Halloween horror nights, I know that my Dh would love to go, but you couldn't pay me to step foot inside!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #507
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I never really understood why the tickets end at the end of September. It just seems like an odd time, they are such a great deal though!! How funny you got lost at SSR and needed help! I looked at the Horror Nights and the video scared me...so I decided against it...sad, I know!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #508
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a bummer that you were feeling so lousy before you left for your trip, Caitlin. I'm glad you made it to Disney without incident, though!

for Andrew's arrival!

I have never seen Wide World of Sports, so it was really great seeing your pictures.
Yeah I felt lousy during the trip too

I was very excited to show him around Disney!

It is really a neat place to check out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Wow, the expo looks mobbed! Glad you got to grab lunch without too much trouble!

Yeah, the military discounts always seem to end on Oct 1st. It makes traveling during the early fall challenging. We were there at the same time as you and I actually had to make two separate hotel reservations one from Sept 1st-30th and one just for Oct 1st, since there were two different discounts. I was so happy that we didn't have to change rooms!

I also think you are really brave to go to Halloween horror nights, I know that my Dh would love to go, but you couldn't pay me to step foot inside!
Yeah the lunch area wasn't busy at all

Wow that sounds like it would have been a pain!

I would have loved to have gotten a chance to check out the Walking Dead house. My dad, Andrew and I are all big fans of the show and we actually made Andrew watch last year's episodes before we said he could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I never really understood why the tickets end at the end of September. It just seems like an odd time, they are such a great deal though!! How funny you got lost at SSR and needed help! I looked at the Horror Nights and the video scared me...so I decided against it...sad, I know!!
It was a very inconvenient time for them to end.

Yeah our bus driver told us to get off at the wrong stop

I have always thought it looked awesome and was excited to be able to check it out!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #509
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Our entertainment during lunch was watching these two guys film their ESPN show.

Seeing the guy on the right with his shirt untucked reminded me of this ESPN commercial, which I think is hilarious.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #510
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Seeing the guy on the right with his shirt untucked reminded me of this ESPN commercial, which I think is hilarious.
Great commercial!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: