Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #451
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for having your next trip planned! It's always better knowing you have something official.

Yes it is!

Sorry you were disappointed with your room at SSR. I love Saratoga Springs but after having a club level room I can see how it might be a bit of a letdown.

SSR is a nice resort but both times we have gotten bad locations after requesting to be near the main buildings.

haha, love that shirt with "Zooey" on it. That is too funny but it does sort of look like her!

It was very cute!

T-Rex is a fun place.
Yes it is and the food is surprisingly good
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #452
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread .... How'd I miss this? Well, I can't miss the rest of the drama, so I'm in!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: SSR & OKW - December
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #453
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
Just found this thread .... How'd I miss this? Well, I can't miss the rest of the drama, so I'm in!
Welcome! Thanks for joining us
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #454
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm with Dale - I love Legos! Neither of my kids were much into them. Maybe I need to get some for myself...

TRex looks cool, and great idea stopping in for an appetizer.

Not liking the ominous tones I'm hearing with Caitlin not feeling well.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #455
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
I'm with Dale - I love Legos! Neither of my kids were much into them. Maybe I need to get some for myself...

I think they need to start marketing Legos to adults

TRex looks cool, and great idea stopping in for an appetizer.

It is a fun place. Loud, but fun!

Not liking the ominous tones I'm hearing with Caitlin not feeling well.
The drama is far from over
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #456
natebenma
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about all of the turmoil that has been going on! I agree- you need a vacation!

There was a lot of intriguing stuff packed into your little update!

The decorations at DTD are really cute. I have got to get me to the World in the fall!

I loved your story about Dale at the Disney store. My sons (mostly my 11 year old now) are obsessed with Legos!!! Our family room was filled with bins (color coded, if there are any other OCD friends out there), a Lego table and literally tens of thousands of Legos!!! We call it "The Lego Room" This Christmas was a very Middle-Earth Lego Christmas. All Ben wanted was Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Lego Sets. What he didn't get for Christmas, he purchased with his gift money. A trip to the DTD Lego Store is a must do for us.

As is a trip to T-Rex.

Not only is Ben fixated with Legos, he has a dinosaur obsession, too. And as you and others have mentioned, the atmosphere is awesome and the food is really good, and really plentiful!

Does anyone know if the guys from "Tanked" installed the aquariums? At the beginning of the show, they show what looks like an aquarium from T-Rex or maybe Rainforest.

Sorry to hear about what sounds like some upcoming trouble with Caitlin!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #457
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
So sorry to hear about all of the turmoil that has been going on! I agree- you need a vacation!

Thank you

There was a lot of intriguing stuff packed into your little update!

The decorations at DTD are really cute. I have got to get me to the World in the fall!

Fall is a great time to go. Food and Wine and Halloween and low crowds=

I loved your story about Dale at the Disney store. My sons (mostly my 11 year old now) are obsessed with Legos!!! Our family room was filled with bins (color coded, if there are any other OCD friends out there), a Lego table and literally tens of thousands of Legos!!! We call it "The Lego Room" This Christmas was a very Middle-Earth Lego Christmas. All Ben wanted was Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Lego Sets. What he didn't get for Christmas, he purchased with his gift money. A trip to the DTD Lego Store is a must do for us.

That's awesome! Dale loves those LOR legos. So far he only has the Pirate ships since our living room is Disney themed he can get away with it being part of the decor

As is a trip to T-Rex.

Not only is Ben fixated with Legos, he has a dinosaur obsession, too. And as you and others have mentioned, the atmosphere is awesome and the food is really good, and really plentiful!

We were impressed with the food. IMO much better than the RFC.

Does anyone know if the guys from "Tanked" installed the aquariums? At the beginning of the show, they show what looks like an aquarium from T-Rex or maybe Rainforest.

Sorry to hear about what sounds like some upcoming trouble with Caitlin!
Thank you. Stay tuned for more drama
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #458
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

I don't recall those decorations at DTD either. They're very cute!

I'll have to keep that (good food) in mind about TRex. Walked through it once to take my nephew to the restroom as he decided he HAD to go THERE. lol

So sorry to hear/read of the parents being sick and the bout of food poisoning. It sucks anytime, but seems worse over the holidays. My folks were down and out as well, could hardly get out of bed on Christmas. Made for a dreary holiday.

Here's to a new year!!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #459
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
I don't recall those decorations at DTD either. They're very cute!
I like that they seem to be paying more attention to DTD. The seasonal theming is fun

I'll have to keep that (good food) in mind about TRex. Walked through it once to take my nephew to the restroom as he decided he HAD to go THERE. lol

Yes he does! It's so fun (albeit very LOUD) and the food is very good.

So sorry to hear/read of the parents being sick and the bout of food poisoning. It sucks anytime, but seems worse over the holidays. My folks were down and out as well, could hardly get out of bed on Christmas. Made for a dreary holiday.

Here's to a new year!!
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear your parents were sick as well. I hope they're fine now! My parents were hospitalized over the weekend before New Years so at least they were able to enjoy Christmas.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #460
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

It works on him doesn't it

Haha - Well, as a matter of fact - yes it does!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #461
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you updated! Love your pics of the Fall Decorations at DTD. I love that big Mickey inflatable pumpkin.

Thank you for posting the wedding pics, Caitlin looked beautiful! That dress is really pretty, it looked really pretty from the back too, that was a nice one in front of the stained glass Window.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #462
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Glad to see you updated! Love your pics of the Fall Decorations at DTD. I love that big Mickey inflatable pumpkin.

The decorations were really cute! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I loved it!

Thank you for posting the wedding pics, Caitlin looked beautiful! That dress is really pretty, it looked really pretty from the back too, that was a nice one in front of the stained glass Window.
Glad you liked them. The dress is even prettier in person! Thank you!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #463
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Hi Everyone! My apologies for the long wait between posts!
That's okay. We know what you've had to deal with recently.

So you're forgiven... this time.

Next time.... not so much.

Quote:
No offense to Saratogs Springs but when we got to our ground level studio after having our garden view, club level room at the YC, well there was no comparison.
I hate to tell you this...

I made the mistake of telling this to Saratoga Springs and he took offense anyway.

Sad, but true.

Quote:
Dale and I were both sort of bummed out. So much so we didn't even take any pictures.
You needed Caitlin there. Now she would've been clicking away!

Quote:
We moped in the room for a bit
You had a moped in the room? How cool is that? It must've really helped you get around, huh?

Personally I would prefer a Segway, but...

Quote:
We were pleasantly surprised to see that they now decorate DTD for autumn. I'm not sure how new that is but we didn't remember seeing that before.
I don't remember that either.

Quote:
Dale did point out this shirt and asked why it had "Zooey Deschanel" on it. Do you think she knows they are using her likeness?
She knows now. I'm sure you've heard by now that she's suing Disney for misrepresentation and violation of her right of publicity.

Okay, I made that up. But you believed it for a second, didn't you?

Quote:
He then decided to see what it would be like if her had hair again
I so think he should have bought that.

Quote:
Dale never had Legos as a kid
What???? Oh, the poor, poor guy. That's a rite of passage that no male should be without.

Quote:
Well just before our trip, unbeknownst to him, I had ordered him the Black Pearl. He spotted it in the store and was like a little kid he wanted it so bad. Like any good mom I told him the standard, "we'll come back for it"
I do believe you are not the first parent to use that line! But possibly the first to get her husbad to not buy Legos.

Quote:
You see when she was a child and she'd get excited, at a birthday or something, she would ummm throw up
No, little Caitlin, we aren't going to Disney. Nope. No, we're at the airport to... ummm... pick up a package... on the airplane... No, no. We're just buckling into the seats because the plane might rock a bit from the wind... (Geez Dale! When is that Dramamime going to kick in!!!)

Quote:
Pretty cool place, huh?

Quote:
We went back to the resort and tried calling her again. No answer. We decided to go to bed but once again I ended the day with an uneasy feeling

Up Next...the Princess posts

uh, oh.

But thanks for the chapter!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #464
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
That's okay. We know what you've had to deal with recently.

So you're forgiven... this time.

Next time.... not so much.

Thank you and I will try to avoid there being a "next time"

I hate to tell you this...

I made the mistake of telling this to Saratoga Springs and he took offense anyway.

Sad, but true.

Please give him my apologies!

You needed Caitlin there. Now she would've been clicking away!

You had a moped in the room? How cool is that? It must've really helped you get around, huh?

Personally I would prefer a Segway, but...

OOoo a Segway would be cool!

I don't remember that either.

Good. I'd hate to think I'm just getting old and forgetting things!

She knows now. I'm sure you've heard by now that she's suing Disney for misrepresentation and violation of her right of publicity.

Okay, I made that up. But you believed it for a second, didn't you?

I so think he should have bought that.

Me too

What???? Oh, the poor, poor guy. That's a rite of passage that no male should be without.

I know. He was deprived!

I do believe you are not the first parent to use that line! But possibly the first to get her husbad to not buy Legos.

No, little Caitlin, we aren't going to Disney. Nope. No, we're at the airport to... ummm... pick up a package... on the airplane... No, no. We're just buckling into the seats because the plane might rock a bit from the wind... (Geez Dale! When is that Dramamime going to kick in!!!)

It was more like everytime we went to Chuck E Cheese. That rat feared her

uh, oh.

But thanks for the chapter!
Yea more drama is ahead!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #465
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! It is finally time for me to pipe in! About time right?!

As most of you know, those that followed along with our Mother Daughter February 2012 TR, I was having some health issues prior to our trip. I had been to the Drs a couple times and had to have a CAT scan done, which resulted in finding out I had a cyst. Well the Wednesday before I was supposed to leave I started feeling a lot of pain at work. I didn't really think anything of it because I knew the cyst caused minor pain but it was usually gone after taking an Advil.

This time, not so much. Thursday morning I woke up feeling more pain and exhausted. I probably would have skipped school if I didn't have a math test that day. I started having cold and hot flashes at school and by the end of the day I was ready to crash! I had been texting mom and dad a bit but I was hoping that this would all pass and everything would be fine by the time I flew out the next morning.

That night I was to go out to dinner with my grandma and grandpa. At dinner I lost my appetite and could not eat without feeling like I was going to be sick. I figured it was just nerves and I would be fine. A lot was going to happen on this trip, so it was normal to feel anxious and as mom so kindly shared when I have anxiety I usually get sick. After dinner I went home and went to bed. Around ten I woke up feeling horrible and got sick I got sick a couple times and then crawled back into bed and contacted mom and dad. I really wasn't in the mood to go to WDW. I was feeling horrible and flying with my stomach issue, did not sound like a good idea. We talked through it and came to the conclusion I was probably just over excited and I would feel better in the morning.

The morning came way to early with my grandpa picking me up at 4 to go to the airport. We packed up my bags and headed out. I am not quite sure why but we parked in the parking lot furthest away from our terminal and got on a shuttle to go to the terminal. On the shuttle grandpa reached into his pocket and found he had forgotten his phone in the car Instead of running back to get it though we just headed through security and to get some breakfast. I was feeling hungry so I had some fruit with some coffee and was feeling a bit better. I was sure to keep myself drugged up on tylenol and that seemed to help out a lot. We were soon boarding our first flight which went well and when we got to Atlanta for our layover I called mom and dad and kept them updated.

Finally we were on the flight that would take us to beautiful Florida! I was excited for this trip and since I was feeling better thought that the worst was past me. I still felt pretty tired but I thought that since I got up at 4 it was normal When we landed we quickly got our bearings and headed to the ME area!

There really is nothing like riding the ME for the first time on your trip! It really makes you excited and makes everything real! I started crying once we were near DTD and could see our resort. I had been needing a vacation after all of the drama of the past month and was anxious to see mom and dad. Once we got to the resort we headed to relax and wait for mom and dad.

Sorry for no pictures

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Last edited by PrincessCaitlin; 01-12-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: