Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #436
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Oh boy. How are you and your parents now?

I'm fine. Just 24 hours of misery.
My mom was hospitalized for 5 days following routine bloodwork. They found a potentially life threatening kidney problem which they were able to treat and she has recovered from. They also found she had a dangerously slow heartbeat so she was given a pacemaker. If she makes the life changes the doctors suggest she will be fine. I tend to see to it that she listens to them
My father has been battling kidney stones and is much better now.

Thank you for asking!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #437
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

My mom was hospitalized for 5 days following routine bloodwork. They found a potentially life threatening kidney problem which they were able to treat and she has recovered from. They also found she had a dangerously slow heartbeat so she was given a pacemaker. If she makes the life changes the doctors suggest she will be fine. I tend to see to it that she listens to them

Glad to hear your parents are doing well after their health scares.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #438
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Thank you for asking!

Glad everyone is mended or on the mend.

Kidney stones... been there, done that. Tons of fun!!!

not.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #439
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Glad to hear your parents are doing well after their health scares.
Thank you
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #440
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Glad everyone is mended or on the mend.

Kidney stones... been there, done that. Tons of fun!!!

not.
Thank you!

My dad has gotten them every couple of years for the last 10 years or so. This time however they started while we were in Disney (yep more drama yet to come) but 3 months later he was still suffering with it
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #441
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! My apologies for the long wait between posts! Life has just been way too busy! All the craziness is making us desperate for vacation and May just can't get here quick enough! We have booked our resorts and purchased airfare so the trip is really "official" now

Anyway, back to Sept....

When I last posted, we had left Epcot and were headed to check into our second resort of our "split stay". I have to tell you we did this completely wrong! We broke the cardinal rule of split stays. What is that rule, you ask? Why it is always save the best for last! No offense to Saratogs Springs but when we got to our ground level studio after having our garden view, club level room at the YC, well there was no comparison. Dale and I were both sort of bummed out. So much so we didn't even take any pictures. We moped in the room for a bit and then decided to go over to Downtown Disney.

We were pleasantly surprised to see that they now decorate DTD for autumn. I'm not sure how new that is but we didn't remember seeing that before.

We roamed through the shops but didn't really find anything. Dale did point out this shirt and asked why it had "Zooey Deschanel" on it. Do you think she knows they are using her likeness?

He then decided to see what it would be like if her had hair again

We didn't find anything in WOD store so we headed over to the Lego store. Dale never had Legos as a kid so he is in love with that store and it is providing him with a second childhood. Last year I bought him the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Queen Anne's Revenge ship and he loved it! Well just before our trip, unbeknownst to him, I had ordered him the Black Pearl. He spotted it in the store and was like a little kid he wanted it so bad. Like any good mom I told him the standard, "we'll come back for it"

While we were in the store it began to rain. It was about that time that the daily drama began too. We started getting texts from Caitlin telling us she didn't feel good. Now I have to be honest and say I didn't take her texts too seriously. You see when she was a child and she'd get excited, at a birthday or something, she would ummm throw up So when she wasn't feeling well, I thought she was just excited about heading to Disney in the morning. As the texts continued though, I got more concerned.

Anyway, when the rain let up a bit we decided to make a run from the Lego Store over to TRex. We were in the mood for a snack so since that was close it only made sense.

When we got to TRex we discovered a lot of other folks had the same idea. The place was packed! As luck would have it though we spottted 2 seats at the bar and grabbed them.

Behind the bar they had this pretty tank

This was over our heads and would occasionally move

This was our view if we turned around

Pretty cool place, huh? Dale had a beer and I had a coke and we split an order of nachos. We must have been hungry because there are no pics of the food. It was good however and if you have dinosaur loving kids, this place is a must do!

By the time we were done eating the rain had stopped and we ventured back outside. We decided to give Caitlin a call and see how she was feeling. She didn't answer and even though she is an adult we were worried.

We went back to the resort and tried calling her again. No answer. We decided to go to bed but once again I ended the day with an uneasy feeling

Up Next...the Princess posts

Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #442
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - I hate when my kids don't answer the phone. I can't rest until they do, so I can't imagine how you went to sleep.

Bummer about your room. I do NOT like the ground floor studios at SSR. We were assigned one once and we asked for a room change. I hated it. It's so much better to be up higher at SSR - its so much prettier. Sorry it was such a let down.

That fish tank is gorgeous. Very nice!

I love Dale's new hair.

That t-shirt is adorable.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #443
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I love Dales hair do, very fitting!

Awesome Lego store...

It is not easy finding out your DD is sick and then won't answer the phone...scary!

I am glad you like TRex. We are going there for the first time on our upcoming trip and I have heard so many mixed reviews that I am nervous about going. I have a DS that is 7 and will love it, I hope!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #444
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

My mom is the same way. I'm 25 and my sister is a few years older and she still worries when we don't come home early. We live right across the river from NYC so being the "city that never sleeps", parties don't end till 6 in the morning,lol. We get an earful if we don't let her know where not coming home to sleep Poor Caitlin! But I found it soo funny that she would throw up out of excitement as a kid,lol that's so cute! Btw, I really liked that shirt that cartoon has the same hair as Zooey's.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #445
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK - I hate when my kids don't answer the phone. I can't rest until they do, so I can't imagine how you went to sleep.

Bummer about your room. I do NOT like the ground floor studios at SSR. We were assigned one once and we asked for a room change. I hated it. It's so much better to be up higher at SSR - its so much prettier. Sorry it was such a let down.

That fish tank is gorgeous. Very nice!

I love Dale's new hair.

That t-shirt is adorable.

It wasn't easy!
I agree. The time before we were up higher and preferred it. However, hindsight is 20/20 and it ended up being a good thing we were on the ground floor.

Even though it is a "kids place" we enjoyed TRex.

It works on him doesn't it

Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #446
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I love Dales hair do, very fitting!

He is a pirate at heart

Awesome Lego store...

Yes it is!

It is not easy finding out your DD is sick and then won't answer the phone...scary!

Yes and with Dale's heartattack the day before I was already in worry mode!

I am glad you like TRex. We are going there for the first time on our upcoming trip and I have heard so many mixed reviews that I am nervous about going. I have a DS that is 7 and will love it, I hope!
Your son will love it! We ended up going there again and the food was very good!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #447
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucys2200 View Post
My mom is the same way. I'm 25 and my sister is a few years older and she still worries when we don't come home early. We live right across the river from NYC so being the "city that never sleeps", parties don't end till 6 in the morning,lol. We get an earful if we don't let her know where not coming home to sleep Poor Caitlin! But I found it soo funny that she would throw up out of excitement as a kid,lol that's so cute! Btw, I really liked that shirt that cartoon has the same hair as Zooey's.
Of course she does! You're still her babies no matter how old you are

Ugh! It wasn't cute at the time

Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #448
thecapells
Disney Dad

We absolutely LOVE T-Rex.
It's one of the only restaurants all three of the kids (girls and boys) can agree on!
They love the theming, all the dinos, and the food is actually really good.
And you get huge, dinosaur-sized portions!
We already have it booked again for our next trip!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #449
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
We absolutely LOVE T-Rex.
It's one of the only restaurants all three of the kids (girls and boys) can agree on!
They love the theming, all the dinos, and the food is actually really good.
And you get huge, dinosaur-sized portions!
We already have it booked again for our next trip!
Ya gotta love a place the whole family can agree on
You're right about the food. We were pleasantly surprised

Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #450
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for having your next trip planned! It's always better knowing you have something official.

Sorry you were disappointed with your room at SSR. I love Saratoga Springs but after having a club level room I can see how it might be a bit of a letdown.

haha, love that shirt with "Zooey" on it. That is too funny but it does sort of look like her!

T-Rex is a fun place.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: