Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #391
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great pictures from the Henry Ford Museum! But I have to admit, I stopped at this one and spent WAY too much time looking for Hidden Mickeys!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #392
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

We did find time to make plans for our 2013 vacation though. We are headed back to our happy place on May 4th. We are going right after Caitlin graduates from college We will be spending 4 nights at the AOA in a Little Mermaid room and then 3 nights at Yacht Club CL and the boys will be joining us We've booked our adrs and we're very excited to be trying "Be Our Guest" for the first time. The only downside to any of this is we will once again be missing MEK. One of these days our trips will overlap!

So glad to hear the plans for your spring trip! And I'm excited you are returning to the YC- I'll add you to the Yacht Club Be Our Guest list for May!

Quote:

When I was done eating we headed back toward Germany and noticed that the model train was all decorated for the festival.

That is SO cool!!!

Quote:

As we approached the German food booths we were approached by a gentleman who said he was with Disney Media. He asked if we would be willing to let him buy us a drink and dessert and then he would take pictures and videos of us while we ate and drank. Now I love freebies so I immediately said "yes!". He lead us over to a picnic table where we had to sign off allowing our likenesses to be used. As soon as he walked away Dale said "you don't even drink. Why did you want to do this?" I said, "Because it's FREE!" Plus I thought it would be fun. After we signed the releases the man brought us an apple strudel to share and a glass of dessert wine for each of us. Just before they started filming I turned to Dale and said, "how do I look?" He replied, "hot and sweaty". Yep, that man is a charmer So looking all hot and sweaty we ate strudel on camera and then vowed to never look at the pictures
Our treats and the pins he gave us

That is even COOLER!!!

Once again, I am loving your photos! It looks like a really GORGEOUS day.

The mussels and beer look good to me, but the filet looks absolutely incredible! YUM!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #393
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad to hear the plans for your spring trip! And I'm excited you are returning to the YC- I'll add you to the Yacht Club Be Our Guest list for May!

Thank you! We loved both the YC and can't wait to get back there!

That is SO cool!!!

I just love how Disney pays attention to little details like that!

That is even COOLER!!!

Once again, I am loving your photos! It looks like a really GORGEOUS day.

The mussels and beer look good to me, but the filet looks absolutely incredible! YUM!
Thank you! It was a beautiful blue sky kinda day but crazy hot! At least it wasn't real humid though!

Dale enjoyed all of it

Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #394
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

I like Dale's lunch beverage choices better.

Looks like a fun time, I would love to make it to the F&W festival.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #395
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

I saw that video you guys were in a few months ago. I did a double take when watching it and I had to think where I recognized the faces from.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #396
thecapells
Disney Dad

So are you guys in a commerical now or something after that photo shoot?

And that filet looks soooooo yummy!!
Now I'm hungry...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #397
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I like Dale's lunch beverage choices better.

Looks like a fun time, I would love to make it to the F&W festival.

If you enjoy a variety of foods and adult beverages, you'd love it! I hope you make it there sometime!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #398
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
I saw that video you guys were in a few months ago. I did a double take when watching it and I had to think where I recognized the faces from.
When I read this I seriously hoped you were joking! My curiousity got the better of me and I went to You Tube and saw the video. Thankfully we weren't on there long or it would have been painful
Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #399
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
So are you guys in a commerical now or something after that photo shoot?

I guess we ended up in a video that the Disney Blog put out promoting the Festival. Thankfully our appearance is brief.

And that filet looks soooooo yummy!!
Now I'm hungry...
Dale loved the filet. We haven't been to LeCellier in years since we had a mediocre meal there about 10 years ago. That little sample defintely made him want to go back!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #400
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I read this I seriously hoped you were joking! My curiousity got the better of me and I went to You Tube and saw the video. Thankfully we weren't on there long or it would have been painful
Lol. Don't worry. You guys looked like you were having a good time
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #401
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Lol. Don't worry. You guys looked like you were having a good time
Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #402
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you.
Well if you ever make it to Detroit let us know and we'll give you a guided tour of the museum
All 3 of us are excited for Andrew to arrive. Dale and I haven't seen him since Sept and Caitlin hasn't seen him since Halloween. Now we're just pryaing for good weather as he and a buddy drive here from Louisiana!

That sounds like a plan! I will remember that!

I hope they have good driving weather! It has been spring like around here the past few days. Not very Christmasy!

Quote:
Great pictures from the Henry Ford Museum! But I have to admit, I stopped at this one and spent WAY too much time looking for Hidden Mickeys!

I did the exact same thing!!

I saw a mention of the grapefruit beer but didn't quote it right...but it was so delicious and I do not like beer!!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #403
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I fell behind, I had to get my computer repaired, so I'm back to comment on whatever I may have missed!

Caitlin, you received some great gifts at your shower. I love the plates! I was totally ogling those when I was there in November.

Love the pictures that you took messing around with the settings on your camera. They turned out great.

Awesome that the CM gave you a clue to the fact that the booths would be open at 2pm. Score!

That was a great first booth to stumble upon open!

That's awesome that you were picked to film eating FREE STUFF! Free is always a bonus. Who cares if you looked hot and sweaty.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #404
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

You are famous - I saw you on YouTube! Very cute and you did not look "hot and sweaty".

Yum - everything looks great!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #405
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
That sounds like a plan! I will remember that!

I hope they have good driving weather! It has been spring like around here the past few days. Not very Christmasy!

Thank you. It hasn't been very Christmasy up here either but of course they are calling for the first snow on Friday when they should be coming in

I saw a mention of the grapefruit beer but didn't quote it right...but it was so delicious and I do not like beer!!
When I mentioned the Grapefruit beer to Dale he thought it sounded good. I read they are adding food and wine booths to the Flower and Garden Fest so he's hoping they might have that in May.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: