Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #376
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
LOVE that picture too. What is it exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
They had a bunch of flowers in a pot and that was one of the more colorful ones. I am not quite sure what type of flower it is though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
Looks like they crossed a rose with cabbage or lettuce. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Oh that's easy. After all my years of horticulture and cultivation experience, I can unequivocally state...

It's a pretty one.

See? Not so hard.
Ooh! Ooh! I know!!! It actually is an ornamental cabbage. They are in a lot of WDW flower beds in the winter.

Enjoying the TR... and SR (Shower report).

cindy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #377
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
It actually is an ornamental cabbage. They are in a lot of WDW flower beds in the winter.
Here I thought it was a flower but it's just the basis for borscht.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #378
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Here I thought it was a flower but it's just the basis for borscht.
But probably not as tasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #379
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Beautiful pictures! I love those ornament boxes...what a simple and clever idea!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #380
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I'm Ready for My Close -Up

Hi All! So this is my second attempt at this update today. I was almost finished with my first one when my computer froze and I lost everything So let's try this again...

I am sorry it's been so long since my last post but life keeps getting in the way. Things have been hectic here so I've fallen behind. We did find time to make plans for our 2013 vacation though. We are headed back to our happy place on May 4th. We are going right after Caitlin graduates from college We will be spending 4 nights at the AOA in a Little Mermaid room and then 3 nights at Yacht Club CL and the boys will be joining us We've booked our adrs and we're very excited to be trying "Be Our Guest" for the first time. The only downside to any of this is we will once again be missing MEK. One of these days our trips will overlap! Now back to Sept.

When I left off we were headed toward World Showcase.....

On our way over we passed the cranberry bog

We arrived in Norway shortly before 11. We hopped in line and enjoyed watching all the excited little princesses as they waited for their adrs at Akershus.
The wait was about 10 minutes but only because it hadn't opened. As soon as it did we walked on.

After our visit to the land of the trolls we continued on journey around the world stopping next in China. As luck would have it we were welcomed by royalty! Mulan was all alone so we stopped and got a picture with the very tiny princess.

She asked where we were from and when we told her "Michigan" she told us she had just met "another small army from there". I told her not to worry but that we were "infiltrating". She smiled and said as long as we weren't Huns it was ok

Her handler took us aside and asked if we knew that it was going to be CM Preview Day of the Food and Wine Fest. We told him we had heard a rumor but weren't certain. He told us all the booths would be open by 2pm. Dale was super excited as he loves F&W!

We then headed into China and caught the movie for the first time ever. We learned we weren't missing much. Why are all the travel movies at Epcot so bad? The only enjoyable one is Canada IMO anyway. I think its time for some new movies!

After the movie we paid a visit to the Tomb Warriors.

We then said 再见 to China and continued on our journey around the world.
As we approached Germany, Dale saw a sight that widened the smile on his face

The first opened F&W booth! He grabbed a beer to enjoy as we walked.

As we walked we noticed the boats in the water

Wouldn't it be cool if you could ride them?!

When we got to America we decided it was really getting hot so we should go see the American Adventure and cool off. As we waited for the show I noticed this quote which I liked.

We soon were seated and sat down for the tour through American history. I love this show and no matter how many times I see it I am always in tears by the end. After the show the CM who serves as host approached Dale and told him he had a phone call. Dale went down to the front and on the phone was Goofy! Despite his busy schedule he found time to call Dale and wish him "Happy Birthday!". Ya gotta love a guy like that

On the way out of the pavillion we noticed this fall display

We then continued on and in

Dale tried this

Sorry he took a bite before I got the pic but it was some sort of Pita. He said it was "ok" but he wasn't super impressed.

Our next stop was Belgium

where he tried another beer. He needed it to wash down the mussels

I am not a foodie so I found this very gross! Dale loved it though!

At this point I was getting hungry and none of this F&W stuff was appealing to me. We headed back to the good ol' USofA where I found this delicacy

Yep, I have a gourmet palate!

**continued next post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #381
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

When I was done eating we headed back toward Germany and noticed that the model train was all decorated for the festival.

As we approached the German food booths we were approached by a gentleman who said he was with Disney Media. He asked if we would be willing to let him buy us a drink and dessert and then he would take pictures and videos of us while we ate and drank. Now I love freebies so I immediately said "yes!". He lead us over to a picnic table where we had to sign off allowing our likenesses to be used. As soon as he walked away Dale said "you don't even drink. Why did you want to do this?" I said, "Because it's FREE!" Plus I thought it would be fun. After we signed the releases the man brought us an apple strudel to share and a glass of dessert wine for each of us. Just before they started filming I turned to Dale and said, "how do I look?" He replied, "hot and sweaty". Yep, that man is a charmer So looking all hot and sweaty we ate strudel on camera and then vowed to never look at the pictures
Our treats and the pins he gave us

Some of the Media crew

Once our 15 minutes of fame were over we had to make one more stop before leaving Epcot. Dale wanted to visit Canada and sample this

The famed Le Cellier filet. He loved it and it was his favorite F&W item.

When he finished we decided to leave Epcot and head over to the second resort of our split stay. I'll tell you about that next time!

Thanks for reading!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #382
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Wow how cool. Loving all the pixie dust you are receiving so far. Also glad Dale is okay after what happened.

F&W fame!

Great update, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #383
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

So far behind (busy with real life too!) and I read this post but I have skipped a whole bunch so I will be going back but your delicacy made me !! I loved the filet also...it is so very good!!

So I wasn't so far behind after all! I just missed the morning at Epcot, the shower and Henry Ford Museum! Great pictures at Spaceship Earth! And every time I see ya'lls post on the museum I think I must go if ever in the Detroit area! Caitlin I loved the pictures you played around with! Great job!! I know you must be getting so excited for your hubby to get there! This weekend right?

Last edited by TinksThree; 12-17-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #384
MEK
DIS Veteran

Too bad the free food and wine wasn't beer. That would have made Dale's day! Did he try the grapefruit beer? I LOVED that - so good. I think about it from time to time and can't wait until next year to have it again.

A hotdog and french fries? Yes - you do have a sophisticated pallet. Please tell me you tried something!

I never noticed that the train display had F&W kiosks. That is too cool.

Boo - I am sorry we are going to miss each other again. But June is hot, so be happy you are going to miss that.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #385
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn! How great that you got a preview of the F&W! Where is the cranberry bog? I'ver never seen it before. That was a nice treat that you got to be a "star". Isn't it great how much better things taste when they're free

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #386
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Wow how cool. Loving all the pixie dust you are receiving so far. Also glad Dale is okay after what happened.

F&W fame!

Great update, thanks for sharing!
The pixie dust was appreciated
Thank you, he felt fine that day so in retrospect it's pretty amazing!
Thank you!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #387
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
So far behind (busy with real life too!) and I read this post but I have skipped a whole bunch so I will be going back but your delicacy made me !! I loved the filet also...it is so very good!!

Yes I am quite the foodie Dale didn't stop talking about that filet for weeks!

So I wasn't so far behind after all! I just missed the morning at Epcot, the shower and Henry Ford Museum! Great pictures at Spaceship Earth! And every time I see ya'lls post on the museum I think I must go if ever in the Detroit area! Caitlin I loved the pictures you played around with! Great job!! I know you must be getting so excited for your hubby to get there! This weekend right?
Thank you.
Well if you ever make it to Detroit let us know and we'll give you a guided tour of the museum
All 3 of us are excited for Andrew to arrive. Dale and I haven't seen him since Sept and Caitlin hasn't seen him since Halloween. Now we're just pryaing for good weather as he and a buddy drive here from Louisiana!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #388
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

Great pictures from the Henry Ford Museum! But I have to admit, I stopped at this one and spent WAY too much time looking for Hidden Mickeys!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #389
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Too bad the free food and wine wasn't beer. That would have made Dale's day! Did he try the grapefruit beer? I LOVED that - so good. I think about it from time to time and can't wait until next year to have it again.

Yes it would have
He didn't try the grapefruit beer. I don't even remember seeing that. Which country had it?

A hotdog and french fries? Yes - you do have a sophisticated pallet. Please tell me you tried something!

Ummm I had a few bites of the strudel

I never noticed that the train display had F&W kiosks. That is too cool.

They decorate the train display for F&W and F&G. I imagine Christmas too.

Boo - I am sorry we are going to miss each other again. But June is hot, so be happy you are going to miss that.
The heat and the crowds won't be missed. We decided it would be easier for everyone's schedules if we went before Caitlin moved so May it is
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #390
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Hi Dawn! How great that you got a preview of the F&W! Where is the cranberry bog? I'ver never seen it before. That was a nice treat that you got to be a "star". Isn't it great how much better things taste when they're free
Going on the preview day was great. Very few guests were even visiting the booths

The bog is between Future World and World Showcase. Once the festival opened officially they had what looked like the guys from the commercial in there.

Free is always good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: