Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #316
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow ... that's just terrifying...

I wasn't sure if it was a heart attack ... just because Dale seemed to rally after that episode... and I'm assuming that you were able to continue your vacation after that...

(I'm sorry nobody came to your assistance... )

I didn't realize that you could have a heart attack and still be able to just kind of keep going...

I'll bet you were really shocked when you got home and found out...

I'm sure this will be a very special Thanksgiving for you...
We were able to continue our vacation and he felt pretty good considering everything.
Thank you.
I didn't either.
I was very shocked. As it was I had to pester him to get him to go to the doctor and that was so he'd get a new inhaler. We never expected to hear what had actually happened.

Thank you. We feel blessed

Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #317
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Dis Friends!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #318
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Hi All! Ready for some DRAMA? Ok everybody hang on and don't say I didn't warn you!
Oh, pish posh. How bad could it be? Well... that's what I thought before I read the rest of the chapter!

Quote:
On our walk over I decided to try and get some "artsy" shots

I think that one's my fave.

I don't mind "artsy", but I simply cannot abide "artsy fartsy".

Quote:
As we left Merida and headed toward England Alice in Wonderland ran up to us and insisted we had to have our picture taken by the Photopass Photographer. It was very random but very cute! Of course I can't show you that pic as you know I lost my PP card.
That's too bad, I would've loved to have a picture to go along with such a cute story.

Quote:
Finally we arrived at our destination and Dale quickly ordered his favorite Disney adult beverage, "the Jalapeno Margarita". Before taking a drink he made a toast in honor of his Dis-buddy "The Queen".
Ha! I know to whom you are referring. And I am so not surprised he had a Jalapeno Margarita!

Quote:
He finished his drink and debated before ordering another. As you might imagine I really had to twist his arm!
I'm sure you did.

Quote:
He finished that drink, which he says is not as good as the Jalapeno, and asked for the bill. Well the waiter returned not with the bill but with another drink! He said their register was down so he was comping Dale another Cucumber Margarita since we'd have to wait.
Sweet! A freebie! Although it's probably a good thing that the register wasn't down for several hours.

"Ma'am? I have another drink on the house for your husband, but I don't see him at the table."
"That's because he's under the table at the moment."

Quote:
almost as soon as it started moving Dale said he wasn't feeling well..... When we got to the room he immediately used the inhaler and it seemed to really help.
That was quite the 'adventure'. (One I'm sure you have no desire to repeat.) I'm sure glad that Dale seems to be fine now. I too echo the sentiment of others wondering why no help was offered.

Quote:
After resting for about half an hour he says "ok, let's go back to Epcot" WHAT?!! I could not believe he would even suggest going back out.
What a typical response for a man. Men can be so pig headed and foolish sometimes.

Oh, wait. I is one.

Quote:
We relaxed in the lounge for quite a while before he suggested we take a walk around the resort. I told him I would only go if he agreed we take it at a slow pace...
Great pics of and around the resort.

Quote:
We went back to the room and called it a night. I thought it was best he get a good nights sleep and I was feeling pretty stressed from all that happened.
I can imagine you were stressed!

Quote:
All I know is that I feel very blessed that he is ok

Quote:
I wish I could say that was the end of the drama but it wasn't. There wasn't anymore of the life threatening variety but still much more serious than the hairbrush. I came home needing a vacation!
And I know just the place where you can go!

Thanks for the (scary) chapter!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #319
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Well I wasn't expecting that level of drama. I'm so glad Dale is OK. And, I guess if you were stuck "in", your beautiful resort was a nice place to be stuck.

Me DH DD DS
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #320
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Oh, pish posh. How bad could it be? Well... that's what I thought before I read the rest of the chapter!

It is amazing how things can change in an instant!

I think that one's my fave.

Thank you
I don't mind "artsy", but I simply cannot abide "artsy fartsy".

That's too bad, I would've loved to have a picture to go along with such a cute story.

Me too!

Ha! I know to whom you are referring. And I am so not surprised he had a Jalapeno Margarita!

I'm sure you did.

Sweet! A freebie! Although it's probably a good thing that the register wasn't down for several hours.
Amen to that!

"Ma'am? I have another drink on the house for your husband, but I don't see him at the table."
"That's because he's under the table at the moment."

That was quite the 'adventure'. (One I'm sure you have no desire to repeat.) I'm sure glad that Dale seems to be fine now. I too echo the sentiment of others wondering why no help was offered.

At the time it didn't even dawn on me that no one offered to help. I have since thought about it a great deal and hoping that in a similar situation I would be more aware of others and realize someone else was in need of help.

What a typical response for a man. Men can be so pig headed and foolish sometimes.

Oh, wait. I is one.

Great pics of and around the resort.

Thank you!

I can imagine you were stressed!

And I know just the place where you can go!

Thanks for the (scary) chapter!
I was ready to go back to Disney but leave the rest of them home. When Caitlin arrived she brought more drama
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #321
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Well I wasn't expecting that level of drama. I'm so glad Dale is OK. And, I guess if you were stuck "in", your beautiful resort was a nice place to be stuck.
Thank you! YC is a wonderful place to be stuck in!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #322
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn!
Just catching up after a few weeks. WOW I hope Dale is feeling better - I was so shocked to read it was a heart attack. I was getting such a kick out of your pictures of him as he drank his margarita's. His smile kept getting bigger and bigger with each progressive drink, I'm so glad the inhaler seemed to work and hope he stays well.
I'm enjoying your TR and loved Dale's interaction with the man on the boat -too funny! Your "Toy" shirt is really cute.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #323
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Hi Dawn!
Just catching up after a few weeks. WOW I hope Dale is feeling better - I was so shocked to read it was a heart attack. I was getting such a kick out of your pictures of him as he drank his margarita's. His smile kept getting bigger and bigger with each progressive drink, I'm so glad the inhaler seemed to work and hope he stays well.
I'm enjoying your TR and loved Dale's interaction with the man on the boat -too funny! Your "Toy" shirt is really cute.

Hi!
Glad you're all caught up!
Thank you!
That sure was an interesting day!
Thank you! I got it at the Disney Outlet store before our trip

Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #324
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Hello my friend! Ok...so here I am reading your update and smiling from ear to ear as my buddy Dale is toasting me at our fav watering hole....and then BAM! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, who cares if he's mad, get help! That's exactly how my dad was when he had his heart attack and i found myself right back in 1996 when my dad blamed indigestion...with my sweet potato casserole!! I gave him some tums, put Shan into her car seat and drove home only to get the call! I am so happy all worked out but man that was scary for youGlad all worked out!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #325
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hello my friend! Ok...so here I am reading your update and smiling from ear to ear as my buddy Dale is toasting me at our fav watering hole....and then BAM! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, who cares if he's mad, get help! That's exactly how my dad was when he had his heart attack and i found myself right back in 1996 when my dad blamed indigestion...with my sweet potato casserole!! I gave him some tums, put Shan into her car seat and drove home only to get the call! I am so happy all worked out but man that was scary for youGlad all worked out!
Thank you!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #326
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Just giving a little bump!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #327
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Just giving a little bump!
I know I've fallen behind. Caitlin is hounding me because she wants me to get to her arrival I am hoping to get an update done today. Thanks for the bump
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #328
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Hope everyones Thanksgivings were wonderful and that you all had successful Black Friday shopping trips! I apologize for it being so long between posts, but writing about Dale's incident just sort of drained me, but I'm back now so time for another update!

After our early night the night before, we woke up early the next morning and Dale was feeling back to normal. We were rather bummed because today we would be checking out of the Yacht Club and moving over to Saratoga Springs. We got everything packed up and decided we were ready for breakfast. We decided to skip the Club Lounge and give the Captain's Grille a try. We took our bags to the car and then when back inside for breakfast.We got there shortly before they opened and even though we didn't have an adr we had no problem getting a table. After we were seated the first thing I did was look for these pictures...

I had read on the Yacht and Beach Club Resort thread how the ship moves across the pictures so I had to check it out! Sure enough....

It does!

The CG offers a menu and a buffet. We both went with the buffet.

The food was wonderful and they had a lot of unique offerings. Sone of the more unusual items included a breakfast reuben, tomatoes gratin and various types of frittatas. We both enjoyed our meal and the 10% discount we got with our Disney Visa

When the server brought our bill she also brought a treat for the birthday boy!

We were now ready to head over to Epcot via the "private entrance".

We got there around 8:30 and we waited until they let us in around 8:45. Since I don't do Soarin (makes me sick) our first stop was to see everyone's favorite purple dragon. We were the first riders of the day! (they forgot to give us our prize)

Ready to use your imagination?

Say "Good Bye"

I like how the colors came out in this

From there it was time to head to the Great Barrier Reef

We found Nemo in his big blue world and then wanted to visit the manatees. Unfortunately their exhibit wasn't open, so instead we decided to go and act silly

This area is so cute it just brings out the kid in you, doesn't it?

Then we wandered over to the aquariums and found a hidden Mickey

After we had our fill of watching the fishies we left the Sea and headed to The Land. Since we weren't going Soarin, we took the boat ride. Where we took one picture? Yep! Enjoy it because this is it

I have no idea why Dale took just one pic but it was pretty amazing and sums up the entire ride, right?! I didn't hear you. Right?! Ok that's better.

After our amazing journey through the land we decided it was time to visit Spaceship Earth. When we got there the sign said 20 minutes but it was actually a walk on. (the signs were off our whole trip. who does those things?) When we boarded the ride I was feeling mischievous so when it asked which language I hit Spanish. Dale then switched to English and we went back and forth like that a few times. Well I didn't switch it to English soon enough and we ended up being stuck with "Deutsch". Yep that whole long ride in another language. BORING! Dale happens to speak German so he didn't mind but I sure did. Since I couldn't understand what she was saying I just sat back and took pictures. Flashless pictures as I am a good girl.

She is so groovy!

Once we were safely back on Earth, it was time to do a little shopping so we paid a visit to Mousegears.

Dale saw this shirt and found it hilarious!

(boy humor)

I bought the Halloween flag (which did not hold up well at all!) and a couple of surprises for Caitlin which I can't share with you because she hasn't gotten them yet.

Once our shopping excursion ended it was time to head over to World Showcase! I'll save that for next time...thanks for reading!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #329
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Update!

I am so glad Dale was feeling better today. Just one question - after three ritas did he have any remnants of a hangover? If not, more power to him.

I did not know that about the boat at the Captain's Grille and I was just there in October. Drat.

The breakfast buffet sounds really yummy. I'll have to put that on my list of quiet places for breakfast. Cynthia and I had lunch there and we literally had the place to ourselves and the burger was really yummy. I really enjoyed it. I would go back in a heartbeat. A nice place to get away from it all.

One picture on LWTL? Now - that is a record.

Your pictures on Spacehip Earth are really good - nice and bright. I am loving your new camera.

So does Caitlin arrive today? Are we getting close(r).

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #330
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Love those artsy shots. They are great!

WOW, that is so scary about Dale! Glad he is OK though.

Bummer you don't do Soarin. That is one of my absolute favorite rides!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: