Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #271
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curoly06 View Post
Great pics at the Backlot Express! I've never been and hope to try it sometime. I've also never seen the end of the Indiana Jones show. It started raining in the middle of it and they had to stop the show. It would be neat to see from the restaurant!

Thank you
Aww I'm sorry you missed the end!
You couldn't really see it from the restaurant although you could hear it. In my wanderings I came across a chain link fence that I watched it through. Kind of stalkerish I suppose

Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #272
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Heh, heh.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #273
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Hi Dawn! Finally here and caught up!

Hi Brooke! Welcome!

How FUN that you splurged for Club Level! Was this your first experience with it? What did you think overall? We are doing it in February (at AKV), and I'm really excited to try it! I think having breakfast just down the hall like that will be the best.

Uh oh on the drama...
Yes this was our first time trying CL. We loved it! The lounge was wonderful and saved us so much money on food. We aren't people who do 3 big meals a day so by staying CL we could do breakfast in the lounge, eat a big lunch and then use the CL evening offerings as a light dinner. It was perfect! I hope you love it!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #274
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

So apparently my subscription had "none" for updates...I was wondering why you weren't posting! I got that fixed and I am all caught up now!

I am all about rope drop and Dale sounds like my DH! I was getting frustrated reading along! That guy on the boat...oh please! I can't stand when someone gets into my personal space but then to mention something needs to be corrected/fixed/etc...ugh!!! Yes, that served Dale right for dragging his feet!!

Way too many things for me to mention since I was so far behind so I will just say I really enjoyed those updates!!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #275
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
So apparently my subscription had "none" for updates...I was wondering why you weren't posting! I got that fixed and I am all caught up now!

I'm glad you're all caught up

I am all about rope drop and Dale sounds like my DH! I was getting frustrated reading along! That guy on the boat...oh please! I can't stand when someone gets into my personal space but then to mention something needs to be corrected/fixed/etc...ugh!!! Yes, that served Dale right for dragging his feet!!

Dale is usually really good about getting moving in the morning but that darn Club Lounge just relaxed him too much
That guy was something else!

Way too many things for me to mention since I was so far behind so I will just say I really enjoyed those updates!!
Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed them
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #276
MEK
DIS Veteran

So, It looks like I'm getting close (3 weeks) to booking some ADRs for June. Any word yet on when you guys might be going? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #277
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So, It looks like I'm getting close (3 weeks) to booking some ADRs for June. Any word yet on when you guys might be going? Inquiring minds want to know.
I wish I knew! Andrew is supposed to get leave the last 2 weeks in June so it should be sometime around then. However, Caitlin is applying for jobs with Americorp and might have training at that time so everything is up in the air. Do let me know your dates and if it is at all possible we will try and get there before you leave!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #278
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I wish I knew! Andrew is supposed to get leave the last 2 weeks in June so it should be sometime around then. However, Caitlin is applying for jobs with Americorp and might have training at that time so everything is up in the air. Do let me know your dates and if it is at all possible we will try and get there before you leave!

We are there 6/8 - 6/15. Ugh if we just miss each other again. I'll be so sad. I was hoping Dale and I could see who could chug a jalapeno margarita faster. Kidding - now what fun would that be? Those things are so great its vital to savor every last drop!

Americorp? Good for her! That's awesome. She is quite the girl. You must be so proud!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #279
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

What a fantastic moment you *eaves dropped* on. Moments like that think there is hope for the human race! lol

I may have to check out the movies on the beach with my nephew when we're there in April. We're staying at Pop Century and I think they have movies too. However, I think I'd like them on the beach. I'm assuming that's okay even though we're not staying there, we are staying within the Disney Resorts.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #280
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We are there 6/8 - 6/15. Ugh if we just miss each other again. I'll be so sad. I was hoping Dale and I could see who could chug a jalapeno margarita faster. Kidding - now what fun would that be? Those things are so great its vital to savor every last drop!

Americorp? Good for her! That's awesome. She is quite the girl. You must be so proud!

If it is at all possible we will be there by the 15th!
Dale would love to have a margarita with you
Yes she is thinking of appplying with "Teach For America" or a program they have where they help vets reassimilate back into society. She hopes to do something in Louisiana that will allow her to serve and give back and yes I am!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #281
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
What a fantastic moment you *eaves dropped* on. Moments like that think there is hope for the human race! lol

Absolutely!

I may have to check out the movies on the beach with my nephew when we're there in April. We're staying at Pop Century and I think they have movies too. However, I think I'd like them on the beach. I'm assuming that's okay even though we're not staying there, we are staying within the Disney Resorts.
Pop has movies at the pool which are fun too. You don't have to be a resort guest to enjoy the movies on the beach though
Old 11-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #282
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

So glad Caitlin had fun ringing in her 22nd!

Wow, what a great experience that you saw at the Brown Derby! That sort of kindness just warms my heart.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #283
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
So glad Caitlin had fun ringing in her 22nd!

Thanks, me too

Wow, what a great experience that you saw at the Brown Derby! That sort of kindness just warms my heart.
We felt blessed to witness their kindness

I noticed your ticker!! I hope you have a very magical time!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #284
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Ready for some DRAMA? Ok everybody hang on and don't say I didn't warn you!

When I left off Dale had just woken from his nap and we were off to Epcot.

On our walk over I decided to try and get some "artsy" shots

That entire resort area is just so beautiful! I think, outside of the parks, it is my favorite area in all of WDW!

Getting closer!

As soon as we were in the park we ran into royalty! Her royal highness Merida was greeting guests at the International Gateway.

She wasn't as fun to interact with as the other Merida but she was quite pretty.

As we left Merida and headed toward England Alice in Wonderland ran up to us and insisted we had to have our picture taken by the Photopass Photographer. It was very random but very cute! Of course I can't show you that pic as you know I lost my PP card.

From there we continued on toward what might possibly be Dale's favorite place in all of Epcot......The Ditch!

Pics along the way

Finally we arrived at our destination and Dale quickly ordered his favorite Disney adult beverage, "the Jalapeno Margarita". Before taking a drink he made a toast in honor of his Dis-buddy "The Queen".

I love this picture, he looks so excited

I'm not a drinker so I had a Coke and we shared some chips and salsa.

Dale was seated next to this lovely lady

He finished his drink and debated before ordering another. As you might imagine I really had to twist his arm! This time he ordered the Cucumber Margarita that Caitlin had read about on the Dis.

You can see he looks a bit different...

He finished that drink, which he says is not as good as the Jalapeno, and asked for the bill. Well the waiter returned not with the bill but with another drink! He said their register was down so he was comping Dale another Cucumber Margarita since we'd have to wait.

Well somebody is happy!

The waiter brought the bill and when Dale finished we headed over to take the Mexican Cruise. On the way Dale tried on some mouse ears...

Of course there was no wait for the boat so we hopped on and almost as soon as it started moving Dale said he wasn't feeling well. I told him he just had 3 margaritas of course he wasn't feeling well. He then said his "chest hurt". I was pretty sure he had indigestion from those spicy drinks so to be honest I didn't take it all that seriously.

When we got off the ride we headed outside and he said he still wasn't feeling well and he was having trouble breathing. He has intermittent asthma so I thought he was having an asthma attack and I told him I had packed his inhaler but it was in the room. I offered to go get it while he waited but he didn't want to do that so we both headed back to the resort to get it. As we walked he began to look bad and was holding the middle of his chest. I wanted to go to First Aid or get a CM for help but he refused to go along with that and got mad at my suggestions. As I think back on this I am really surprised no one came up and asked if we needed help. I must have looked completely panicked and he was white, holding his chest and having trouble breathing. That short walk back to the resort seemed to take forever! When we got to the resort I ran to the store and got him some Tylenol and some AlkaSeltzer. (idk why I got the Tylenol but the AS was in case it was indigestion and not an asthma attack) When we got to the room he immediately used the inhaler and it seemed to really help. (thank goodness!) I then made him take the AlkaSeltzer just in case. After resting for about half an hour he says "ok, let's go back to Epcot" WHAT?!! I could not believe he would even suggest going back out. I insisted we stay in that evening so we went down to the Club Lounge and got some dinner. That evening they had bacon wrapped scallions, veggies and dip, hummus, cheese and crackers and rolls among other things. They had beer, wine and soda to drink.

Not the yummiest looking pic but you get the idea

We relaxed in the lounge for quite a while before he suggested we take a walk around the resort. I told him I would only go if he agreed we take it at a slow pace...

The Lobby

The YC at night

The movie on the beach

Back inside

We went back to the room and called it a night. I thought it was best he get a good nights sleep and I was feeling pretty stressed from all that happened. I took one last pic before going to sleep.

Our view at night

So I suppose you're wondering about that asthma attack. Well when we got home he went to the doctor and had to undergo a battery of tests. That asthma attack was actually a heart attack. The doctor could not explain why the inhaler stopped the heart attack or why there was no damage done to his heart. All I know is that I feel very blessed that he is ok

Last edited by dawnbu40; 11-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #285
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh my god Dawn!

I can't believe that. I'm just speechless. So grateful that Dale is okay but just absolutely speechless. I'm so glad obviously that everything is okay. I can't imagine what that must have felt like.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: