Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #256
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

what a nice story about another Disney family "paying it forward". I hope that it made the little girls day!

I had the cobb salad for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it also. Its a great size for a lunch!

I'm with you, I can't nap during the day, if I do I end up just feeling groggy and even worse.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #257
thecapells
Disney Dad

We must have read the same blog as I went to Backlot Express on a recent trip to check out the theming as well!
It was very cool in there.
And the burgers were pretty good too.

Then again, I'd still be all in favor of demolishing it and replacing it with the long-rumored Cantina from the now Disney-owned Star Wars!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #258
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
what a nice story about another Disney family "paying it forward". I hope that it made the little girls day!

I hope so too!

I had the cobb salad for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it also. Its a great size for a lunch!

It is and it's also pretty reasonably priced for Disney

I'm with you, I can't nap during the day, if I do I end up just feeling groggy and even worse.
Same here! Dale however can nap anywhere at anytime
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #259
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
We must have read the same blog as I went to Backlot Express on a recent trip to check out the theming as well!
It was very cool in there.
And the burgers were pretty good too.

Was it All Ears? I love their blogs!

Then again, I'd still be all in favor of demolishing it and replacing it with the long-rumored Cantina from the now Disney-owned Star Wars!
That would be awesome!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #260
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I'll take one of those empty chairs, thank you very much!

We ate at Backlot Express last time. I'm not really into old stuff (hate antique stores) and did not enjoy eating in there at all. It just felt a bit dirty to me.

Happy to hear about other Disney guests spreading the pixie dust.

Drama coming - hope it's the happy kind!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #261
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
I'll take one of those empty chairs, thank you very much!

I love that area! So beautiful!

We ate at Backlot Express last time. I'm not really into old stuff (hate antique stores) and did not enjoy eating in there at all. It just felt a bit dirty to me.

I'm not a fan of DHS counter service so I don't think I'd want to eat there either but it was fun to look around.

Happy to hear about other Disney guests spreading the pixie dust.

They seemed like wonderful people!

Drama coming - hope it's the happy kind!
I'm afraid its not happy in the least
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #262
MEK
DIS Veteran

That is a lovely story and so very generous of that family to give a total stranger a gift card. Very sweet, in deed.

Love HBD. Had a really nice dinner there in October.

More pretty pictures of the YC. I know what you mean about a nap. I have to be totally exhausted to nap during the day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #263
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is a lovely story and so very generous of that family to give a total stranger a gift card. Very sweet, in deed.

Yes it was very sweet!

Love HBD. Had a really nice dinner there in October.

I'll look forward to hearing about it!

More pretty pictures of the YC. I know what you mean about a nap. I have to be totally exhausted to nap during the day.
Me too!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #264
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
She celebrated for several days and had a lot of fun!
Several days? Just how long were you in labor????

Quote:
but Dale really likes HBD and since we were celebrating his birthday I went along with his choice.
That's my rule too. Birthday boy gets to pick.

It doesn't necessarily apply to others.

Quote:
Dale started with the Potato Leek Soup
Nice hidden Mickey!

Quote:
Anyway, it was very apparent how much it meant to the parents that these strangers cared about whatever they had been through. The other couple then said "please take this and buy your daughter something from us" and handed them a Disney gift card. The parents were both crying and Dale and I were misty too! Quite often at Disney we see the worst in people so it was just beautiful and reaffirming to see the best in people!
That's really nice.

Quote:
While he toured the galaxy, I watched the end of the Jedi show.
It's nice that you allow your husband to leave the planet on his own once in a while.

Quote:
When the show ended I wandered over to the Backlot Express counter service restaurant. I had never been in there before but I had recently read a Blog about how awesome their theming is so I decided this was a great time to check it out.
You know, I'd heard such poor reviews of the food... but never anything about the decor. I don't think it ever would've occurred to me to go in there. Thanks for those pics.

Quote:
That looks like it might be the ultrlight from Fly Away Home.

Quote:
When we got back to the resort we checked out the beachfront movie schedule.

Just a tip-if you have kids, you must sometime take them to one of the movies on the beach! They have a campfire, roast marshmallows, sing songs and then a movie. So fun and free
We were at ASMu last time and they had the outdoor movies there too. But we never had a chance to do it. Too busy in the parks!

Quote:
I think I will save our Epcot adventures for next time. Remember how my first day drama was forgetting my hairbrush? I know, not all that dramatic right? Well trust me, in the next update the drama is getting very DRAMATIC! Be prepared!
Uh, oh... But thanks for this chapter!

oh, yeah. almost forgot. there is no hidden mickey in the soup. How long did you look for it?

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #265
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Several days? Just how long were you in labor????

Oh goodness what a nightmare that would be! I was pretty lucky, I was induced at 7am and she arrived just before noon.

That's my rule too. Birthday boy gets to pick.

It doesn't necessarily apply to others.

Nice hidden Mickey!

That's really nice.
I thought so

It's nice that you allow your husband to leave the planet on his own once in a while.

That's how we've lasted 28 years

You know, I'd heard such poor reviews of the food... but never anything about the decor. I don't think it ever would've occurred to me to go in there. Thanks for those pics.

I am the same way! I really am unfamiliar with the cs places at DHS because I've always heard bad things!

That looks like it might be the ultrlight from Fly Away Home.

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it.

We were at ASMu last time and they had the outdoor movies there too. But we never had a chance to do it. Too busy in the parks!

There aren't enough hours in the day when you're at Disney!

Uh, oh... But thanks for this chapter!
You're welcome

oh, yeah. almost forgot. there is no hidden mickey in the soup. How long did you look for it?
Shame on you!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #266
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Great photos of Back Lot Express... I don't think I've honestly ever been there...

Wow the CM at TSM must have been pretty unpleasant... That is really unfortunate... there is no excuse for rude/unpleasant behavior...

It does make you you feel good that the other family followed and acted so kindly... Makes me want to go out of my way for someone just hearing it...

Sorry that you missed Via Napoli...but it is good to give the B-Day boy his choice...
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #267
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Great photos of Back Lot Express... I don't think I've honestly ever been there...

Thanks. If I hadn't read that blog I probably would never had stopped in there and taken a look around. Sometimes its fun to slow down and check out the theming Disney puts so much effort into

Wow the CM at TSM must have been pretty unpleasant... That is really unfortunate... there is no excuse for rude/unpleasant behavior...

It does make you you feel good that the other family followed and acted so kindly... Makes me want to go out of my way for someone just hearing it...

We were really curious about what happened but the important thing was the kindness the other family disaplayed

Sorry that you missed Via Napoli...but it is good to give the B-Day boy his choice...
He is always great about letting Caitlin and I decide everything about our trips so I kind of owed it to him
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #268
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

Great pics at the Backlot Express! I've never been and hope to try it sometime. I've also never seen the end of the Indiana Jones show. It started raining in the middle of it and they had to stop the show. It would be neat to see from the restaurant!

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #269
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Shame on you!
Heh, heh.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #270
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hi Dawn! Finally here and caught up!

How FUN that you splurged for Club Level! Was this your first experience with it? What did you think overall? We are doing it in February (at AKV), and I'm really excited to try it! I think having breakfast just down the hall like that will be the best.

Uh oh on the drama...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: