Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #211
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Thanks for the update. Love the Writers stop, my sister and I always stop there. although i am not in love with the snacks. We just get Tea....

Looking forward to more...

The Writer's Stop is a nice little place to take a break. When we were there it wasn't crowded and Dale was shocked to find good Disney coffee

Thank you!

Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #212
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

I'm on board!

Love your pictures! If you mentioned and I missed it, I apologize ... What camera are you using?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #213
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
I'm on board!

Love your pictures! If you mentioned and I missed it, I apologize ... What camera are you using?
Welcome! Glad to have you along!
Just before vacation we decided to replace our bulky NikonD80 with a Sony NEX5N. We have been really happy with it!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #214
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Too funny ... the story about the man who sat next to DH... but I don't blame him...I wouldn't have loved that either... I like a small but definite space bubble around me and strangers...

Yeah for 15 minute wait for TSM -not bad at all...

I love the Writer's Stop...something about the atmosphere and the fact they have decent coffee... so the carrot cake cookie-was it good enough to get again? I've always wanted to try it but have never been hunger when we were in there... just desperate for caffeine...

Funny you brought up Wreck it Ralph... we saw it too- and I'm really conflicted...I thought it was a very Clever film and concept...and the animation was very good... but something about it... I'm not sure it will be a "classic" either...it felt like it went a little bit too long... like the editing could have been tighter or something...I'm really glad I saw it but well time will tell how Ralph does... My daughter and I were totally in love with the Paperman as well...
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #215
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Too funny ... the story about the man who sat next to DH... but I don't blame him...I wouldn't have loved that either... I like a small but definite space bubble around me and strangers...

It was just the funniest thing and we still laugh about it

Yeah for 15 minute wait for TSM -not bad at all...

I was pretty happy about it!

I love the Writer's Stop...something about the atmosphere and the fact they have decent coffee... so the carrot cake cookie-was it good enough to get again? I've always wanted to try it but have never been hunger when we were in there... just desperate for caffeine...

I'm not sure I'd have the cookie again. I did like the cookie but the cream cheese center was far too rich for me. I am glad I finally tried it though.

Funny you brought up Wreck it Ralph... we saw it too- and I'm really conflicted...I thought it was a very Clever film and concept...and the animation was very good... but something about it... I'm not sure it will be a "classic" either...it felt like it went a little bit too long... like the editing could have been tighter or something...I'm really glad I saw it but well time will tell how Ralph does... My daughter and I were totally in love with the Paperman as well...
We felt the same way. We couldn't really pinpoint one thing that is was lacking it just seemed to being missing something. I did love Vanellope though! Paperman was great wasn't it?!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #216
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40

Welcome! Glad to have you along!
Just before vacation we decided to replace our bulky NikonD80 with a Sony NEX5N. We have been really happy with it!
I had to look it up, but that Sony looks like quite the powerhouse. I have a Canon 7D. I'll be taking it when we go in April. I took my Canon XSi last time. Never seemed to have the time to get creative with it though. I intend to make the time this trip.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #217
MEK
DIS Veteran

Poor Dale! That'll teach him not to be tardy in the future. Imagine that man saying, "you've got something in your eye. Do you want me to get it out? " I mean, WHO says that? How were you not rolling on the floor?????

30 minutes for GMR? Yikes! Sounds like summer crowds to me.

ADR? Hmmmmmm....... If you stay at HS I'm going to guess Prime Time. If you go to Epcot I am going to guess........OK....thinking.......this is harder than I thought.......how about Rose & Crown or Les Chefs?

I had the most amazing pizza at Via in October. It was awesome. SO good.

Oh yeah - Cynthia and I split one of those carrot cake cookies. A little too much sugar for me at breakfast. I definitely crashed after that sugar high.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #218
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I loved Wreck it Ralph. I thought it was a really cute movie, I agree it was a tad too long but I still enjoyed it.

Those cookies look delish! I have never been there. Maybe next time.

I think Caitlyn got you reservations at the 50's Dinner???
Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #219
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I absolutely adore Brave and can't wait for it to come out! I think next week it's on DVD.

I had seen that picture of you guys on FB with Merida and I think it's awesome! Her face is priceless.

I think Storybook Circus looks great. I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks.

Oh dear. I absolutely can't handle it when people insist on sitting right now to me in a completely empty space. And then the whole "you have something in your eye" thing? That's hysterical. I don't know if I would have been able to keep my composure.

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. I agree, it's something to be shared.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #220
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

I am also a rope-drop person and would have got nuts missing those boats! Poor Dale - but hopefully he learned his lesson.

Love TSM, not a bad wait for you there. I'm guessing Brown Derby for lunch.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #221
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
I had to look it up, but that Sony looks like quite the powerhouse. I have a Canon 7D. I'll be taking it when we go in April. I took my Canon XSi last time. Never seemed to have the time to get creative with it though. I intend to make the time this trip.

Dale is a Best Buy manager so he is always tempted by the latest gadgets

We try and get some different pics each time we go to keep things interesting.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #222
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Poor Dale! That'll teach him not to be tardy in the future. Imagine that man saying, "you've got something in your eye. Do you want me to get it out? " I mean, WHO says that? How were you not rolling on the floor?????

I know right?! I was really having a hard time keeping it together but it was like a scene from Punked or Candid Camera

30 minutes for GMR? Yikes! Sounds like summer crowds to me.

The crowds weren't that bad that day so I never did figure out why the wait was so long.

ADR? Hmmmmmm....... If you stay at HS I'm going to guess Prime Time. If you go to Epcot I am going to guess........OK....thinking.......this is harder than I thought.......how about Rose & Crown or Les Chefs?

I had the most amazing pizza at Via in October. It was awesome. SO good.
I would have preferred any of those to where we ended up. I really wanted to keep the Via adr but since I got a longer trip than he did I let him choose.

Oh yeah - Cynthia and I split one of those carrot cake cookies. A little too much sugar for me at breakfast. I definitely crashed after that sugar high.
I would prefer just a single cookie without the frosting myself.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #223
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I loved Wreck it Ralph. I thought it was a really cute movie, I agree it was a tad too long but I still enjoyed it.

Those cookies look delish! I have never been there. Maybe next time.

I think Caitlyn got you reservations at the 50's Dinner???

It was a cute movie and they did do a great job matching the characters and their voice actors.
The Writer's Stop is so small and easy to miss I think you almost have to plan ahead to stop there or you just forget.
I wish it was the 50's!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #224
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I absolutely adore Brave and can't wait for it to come out! I think next week it's on DVD.

Us too! It comes out Tuesday which happens to be Caitlin's birthday

I had seen that picture of you guys on FB with Merida and I think it's awesome! Her face is priceless.
She wa sso fun!

I think Storybook Circus looks great. I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks.

It's so cute! You'll love it! What a great time to be going, I hope your trip is extra magical!

Oh dear. I absolutely can't handle it when people insist on sitting right now to me in a completely empty space. And then the whole "you have something in your eye" thing? That's hysterical. I don't know if I would have been able to keep my composure.
Believe me, it was not easy!

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. I agree, it's something to be shared.
Yes I couldn't believe how big it was!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #225
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
I am also a rope-drop person and would have got nuts missing those boats! Poor Dale - but hopefully he learned his lesson.

Love TSM, not a bad wait for you there. I'm guessing Brown Derby for lunch.
Yep, he learned that lesson the hard way
You are correct! Dale's favorite DHS restaurant is Brown Derby so Caitlin booked us there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: