Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #196
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
June 8 to the 15th are the dates. We are definitely going. I bought vouchers for the PAPs, so we will activate them then. I will keep my fingers crossed that our dates finally overlap, even if its just by a day.

I hope our dates overlap! I would love to finally be able to meet up!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #197
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG! This picture is GREAT! So glad I checked back for pics tonight. Love your night pictures. They all turned out so great! The Dumbo colors turned out really cool.

Thanks. I felt like being silly that night
We were very pleased with the night shots we got with the new camera.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #198
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
If you carve a pumpkin like that you must post the pic! I want to see!
I did. And here's a pic.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #199
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I did. And here's a pic.

That is awesome! I love it!
Happy Halloween!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #200
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
That is awesome! I love it!
Happy Halloween!

Thanks, Dawn! Hope you had a good Halloween too!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #201
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report - and the pics from MNSSHP are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #202
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy318 View Post
Loving your trip report - and the pics from MNSSHP are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I am glad to know you're enjoying it
Thanks for reading and posting
Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #203
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

You guys made a good choice when it came to party nights, we went on the 28th, and it was much more crowded. I wish we had gone the 25th!

I think your costumes were really cute, and how fun that you got a photo op with Phineas and Ferb!

Looks like you guys had a great night!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #204
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
You guys made a good choice when it came to party nights, we went on the 28th, and it was much more crowded. I wish we had gone the 25th!

I think your costumes were really cute, and how fun that you got a photo op with Phineas and Ferb!

Looks like you guys had a great night!
I had read that the crowds are lighter on weeknights and we found that to be true. I went again on the 30th (with the rest of our crew) and it was more crowded.

Thanks! It was a fun night and we had fun with all the characters.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #205
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Love the Merida meet and greet area

Your Halloween costumes are great - we are huge Phineas & Ferb fans

Sigh ... Desperate for MNSSHP.... Maybe next year...
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #206
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Love the Merida meet and greet area

Your Halloween costumes are great - we are huge Phineas & Ferb fans

Sigh ... Desperate for MNSSHP.... Maybe next year...

Merida's area is so cute! They did a great job transitioning it from Rapunzel to her!

Thank you Dale and Caitlin love that show!

I hope you get to MNSSHP sometime! I see you have a holiday trip coming. Are you going to MVMCP? That party is great too

Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #207
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope you get to MNSSHP sometime! I see you have a holiday trip coming. Are you going to MVMCP? That party is great too

Well I have a plan in the dark recesses of my mind about the MNSSHP for next year...shhhhh.....

(I supposed I should get through this trip first though and we did the MVMCP several years ago-it was awesome... but we don't have tickets yet... thinking about it... going to the Candelight Processional and def going to see the Osbourne Lights... missed them before...so I'm on the fence about it... )
Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #208
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Well I have a plan in the dark recesses of my mind about the MNSSHP for next year...shhhhh.....

We'll keep it our little secret I hope it works out and you get to go though!

(I supposed I should get through this trip first though and we did the MVMCP several years ago-it was awesome... but we don't have tickets yet... thinking about it... going to the Candelight Processional and def going to see the Osbourne Lights... missed them before...so I'm on the fence about it... )
Christmas trips are so awesome! I loved the CP and the Osbourne Lights! I also really enjoyed all the holiday storytellers. I'm so jealous! You're going to have an amazing time!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #209
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

You've got something in your eye!

Hi All! Sorry it's been awhile since my last update. Things have been really busy here! We did however, find time to go see "Wreck it Ralph". We all agreed the movie was cute but we don't feel it is destined to become a Disney classic. However, we absolutely loved the short cartoon that plays before the movie! "The Paperman" is simply beautiful! By the end of it Caitlin and I were both teary eyed and I would have bought a ticket just to see that! Anyway, on to the update....

We woke up bright and early for our first full day at Disney Once we were ready for the day (it took me awhile with that crummy little comb and brush!) we headed down the the Club Lounge for breakfast. They offer a pretty nice light breakfast. The offerings included oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, pastries etc as well as fresh fruit. While I didn't remember to get pictures of the spread, I do have a couple pics that show the lounge

The kiddie sitting area

For some reason Dale was really pokey that morning and as I am a die-hard rope dropper I began to get a bit frustrated. By 8:30 we headed out and arrived at the boat dock just as one was pulling away

I told him if we hurried we could catch it at the Swan/Dolphin so we started over there. When we got to the bridge he said "don't take that just follow the sidewalk". Now I knew that was a bad idea but followed along and guess what? It was twice as long We once again got to the boat dock as the boat was pulling away. Our day was not off to a magical start. Around 15 minutes later another boat arrived and we finally boarded. We sat in the first bench on a nearly empty boat. Well right after we sat down this very large southern gentleman sits down right next to Dale. When I say "right next to" I mean he was touching him they were so close. Dale is a very easy going and loves people but this was immediately making him uncomfortable. (yes I found it hilarious!) The man then turns his head, gets his face real close to Dale's, looks Dale in the eye and tells him in a very thick accent, "you got something right there in your eye". Dale looked like he was going to die and wipes his eye. The man then tells him "you missed it, want me to get it?" I was biting my lip so I would not laugh out loud. It was hysterical! The man then proceeds to talk non-stop all the way to DHS about all the fish in the waters at WDW. I honestly have never seen Dale so uncomfortable When we got off the boat I turned to Dale and said "we are now even for you making us miss rope drop"

Once we got into the park we hightailed it over to TSM.

I was really bummed to see the wait said 30 minutes!

We decided to get in line anyway and it turned out the wait was only 15 minutes.

Dale won that game and when we got off the line didn't look any longer than when we went in so we got back in line. This time we only waited 10 minutes!
After the second game we were going to get fast passes but they were for 3pm and we didn't think we'd be there that long so we skipped it.

We then headed over to pay a visit to the Muppets.

After the Muppet movie we were ready for a snack so we paid a visit to the Writer's Stop. I had heard about a certain snack on the Dis and I was eager to try it out. Yes, I had my first carrotcake cookie...

I wanted to share it but Dale found this cookie too tempting..

I think it was a peanut butter and toffee? Anyway, I found both the cookies very rich and only ate about half of mine. Dale on the other hand managed to finish mine and his While he finished his coffee I walked around the shop and took some pictures.
Hidden Mickey!

When he finished we decided to go see the Great Movie Ride.

The sign out front said 5 minutes so we expected to walk on. Boy were we wrong! We ended up waiting half an hour! I kid you not! I have not seen that ride that busy in years! It was crazy! While we were in line we discussed our lunch plans. Dale told me he really didn't feel like pizza, we had an adr at Via Napoli, so we texted Caitlin and asked her to look online and see what was available. We made a selection from one of the choices she offered and then rode the GMR. When we got back outside we bumped into this guy

After saying goodbye to Experiment 626 we walked around the park. We passed a dinosaur

and Eddie Valiant's office. I'm so glad he is helping Roger! I heard the poor rabbit was framed!

It was then time for lunch but I will save that for next time. Where do you suppose Caitlin got us a reservation?

Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #210
burly
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. Love the Writers stop, my sister and I always stop there. although i am not in love with the snacks. We just get Tea....

Looking forward to more...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: