Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #166
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Of COURSE the park won! It would have for me too if I'd been there 6 hours already.

I think there is a time limit as to how long you can be in Disney before you MUST go to a park

Oh wow, that is good that you hadn't pre-purchased the PP! I would have been so upset if I had that happen to me.

Good choice of ride. Can't go wrong with a little bit of happy haunting.
True!

How true. Anything Mickey shaped tastes significantly better than normal food.

I know! I love Mickey waffles and pretzels!

Just like Caitlin, I am determined that one day my Dad will be that guy. Next time we go, I am insisting that we sit close enough to the front.
Good luck!

Very awesome about the Tigers! I've been following Caitlin's posts on FB. I am convinced for myself though that the Cubs will never be in that position. That's okay. I can live vicariously through others.
Thanks! Maybe next year!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #167
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
What an amazing experience for you and Caitlin. I was rooting for the Tigers. (I hate the Yankees.) I can't pull for them in the World Series if the Cardinals go. (I love the Cardinals.)
Yes it was. Thanks! I am hoping the Cards make it to the WS but as for them winning
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #168
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love baseball too... my team has really disappointed this year... (Phillies -very, very sad year... although the picked up towards the end of season... it was a little too late...)

I'm very happy for you... It's awesome when your team is winning... & the ALC

I'll be routing for the Tigers regardless of whether the Giants or the Cardinals win... hmmm... hard for me to decide what would be more painful...
Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #169
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I love baseball too... my team has really disappointed this year... (Phillies -very, very sad year... although the picked up towards the end of season... it was a little too late...)

I'm very happy for you... It's awesome when your team is winning... & the ALC

I'll be routing for the Tigers regardless of whether the Giants or the Cardinals win... hmmm... hard for me to decide what would be more painful...
I'm sorry. Its hard when your team disappoints!
Thank you
Thanks! It would be awesome if they could sweep whoever wins the NL!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #171
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
How lucky are you guys! That's fantastic that you were able to "score" tickets None of our channels covered that series, the one we got was St Louis and San Fran

Thanks!
Boo! They clearly deprived you of the better series

Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #172
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Yes it was. Thanks! I am hoping the Cards make it to the WS but as for them winning
Well Detroit it is. Go Tigers!

Me DH DD DS
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #173
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your Tigers. That's tough to take!

Maybe, to take your mind off it, you could relive a bit more of your Disney trip for us...
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #174
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Sorry about your Tigers. That's tough to take!

Maybe, to take your mind off it, you could relive a bit more of your Disney trip for us...
Thank you! The way they fell apart was just painful!

I am hoping to get an update posted today!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #175
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Boo To You!

Greetings from Mudville...ummm I mean Motown Yea, that is pretty much all I have to say about that

When I left off we were waiting in line to meet a character. Now some of you had really good guesses but no one guessed correctly. We weren't in line to meet anyone that was special to MNSSHP rather we were in line to meet Merida. We saw that movie twice when it was out and we loved it!

Promptly at 7pm Merida's "helper" came and told us that the Princess had requested a private meeting with us. Just the 2 of us were ushered in and Merida was waiting for us. We walked up to her platform together chatting away. When we got to the stage I told her how much I liked her tapestries.

She told me that her "mum made them" and how one time she cut it and got in a lot of trouble. Dale and I both thought she was adorable and loved meeting her!

(this pic has a good view of our costumes. I was Doofensmirtz (sp?) and Dale was Agent P. He was bummed there were a ton of Perry's but I was the only D )

As we left the stage her helper asked Dale if he had shot for my hand. He replied he hadn't so they said he had to try. I asked if Flynn Ryder could shoot too but wouldn't ya know he wasn't around

It turned out my Prince was worthy and he got a bullseye

When we left her royal highness we headed out to do some trickortreating. On the way we got some pics of the castle

-continued next post-

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #176
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Isn't this display cute?

Our first treat stop was the Riverboat which was all decked out in it's New Orleans finery

From there we were going to go back to the Haunted Mansion but it had a very long line, and we had just ridden before the party, so we skipped it. Instead we hopped aboard the happiest cruise that ever sailed.

Seriously that ride is so adorable! I don't understand people who don't like it. I know, I know the song is repetitive but whatever. I love it!

From there we decided to check out the new Circus area. It is so cute! All I could think of was how much Caitlin would have loved it when she was little!

The Splash area

We then decided to check out the new and improved Barnstormer since there was no wait. The queue is really fun!

Hamming it up

When we got off the ride we caught a look at the new Dumbo.

They did a great job with the improvements. It really is a lot cuter now!

After that we followed the path over to Tomorrowland to see what was happening over there.

We hit the treat station and joined in the Dance Party. I believe we were the only adults doing the Electric Slide but we had a great time!

We took a ride on the People Mover and then headed back to Adventureland to try and meet some more characters.

We were going to get in line to see Tarzan but he wasn't very cute and not worthy of the wait

We visited a couple more treat stations and then grabbed a spot for Hallowishes. We were near the Hub and had a perfect view!

Honestly, the fireworks were awesome! I really think they were better than when we saw them 3 years ago!

From there we decided to head toward the front of the park for some more character meets. On our way we passed a strawberry smelling bear who didn't have anyone visiting him!

He is so cute and sweet I think those other toys probably framed him!

-continued next post-

Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #177
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Our next stop was to meet a couple boys

I'm not sure why, but they acted a bit afraid of me. They loved Dale though and made him get down on all fours and act like a platypus

It was then time to get a spot for the parade and we found a great spot in front of Tony's.

First up was the Headless Horseman!

Scary ghosts!

The Country Bear Jamboree was closed but we got to see Big Al

Pain and Panic from Hercules

Villains!

After the parade we decided to go see Mickey and Minnie in their costumes. Again there was no wait!

We spotted Magician Mickey's rabbit

This is an awful picture of me but Mickey and Minnie are so cute I had to post!

After visiting with them we decided to head out and go back to the Yacht Club. We loved the party and even though we didn't see a lot of special characters we felt like just the parade and fireworks made it worth the money. And we left with so much candy we felt like kids

Thanks for reading!

**To all our friends who are awaiting Frankenstorm's arrival, please keep safe! You are in our thoughts and prayers

Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #178
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

It looks like you and your hubby had a great time at the party. The parade pictures are great. I would love to see it one day, along with Hallowishes. I like your Phineas and Ferb pictures. That cartoon is so cute. I can't wait to see the new circus section. All the pictures I have seen of it look so cute.

Me DH DD DS
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #179
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great night! You really got a lot done, but it looked relaxing, too. I love the pic of you on the target.

I love the circus area at night - I think that Dumbo all lit up is just gorgeous. I love the colors they used.

Someday I've got to get to MNSSHP and see that parade as well!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #180
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

That pic of Merida is hilarious!
Love your pics of Small World! Everytime I try to take pictures in there they come out crazy blurry!!
MNSSHP is the best!! Your costumes are cute

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: