Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Janed
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 93

Will I need FOTL in late October?

We are planning a 2 week trip for late October into early November. Time will be split between WDW and Universal. We'll probably spend 2 days at Universal.

If we stay at a Universal Hotel we will need to rent a car for a couple days, probably at the beginning of the vacation. We'd then drop it off at WDW after arriving there.

If we don't stay at Universal, we would take a taxi to and from Universal.

Is it worth the extra cost to stay at Universal and get FOTL passes? I'm imagining crowds will be relatively light at the time we are there and if we follow a touring plan do you think we will be able to cover the 2 parks in the 2 days?

Thank you!
Janed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
We are planning a 2 week trip for late October into early November. Time will be split between WDW and Universal. We'll probably spend 2 days at Universal.

If we stay at a Universal Hotel we will need to rent a car for a couple days, probably at the beginning of the vacation. We'd then drop it off at WDW after arriving there.

If we don't stay at Universal, we would take a taxi to and from Universal.

Is it worth the extra cost to stay at Universal and get FOTL passes? I'm imagining crowds will be relatively light at the time we are there and if we follow a touring plan do you think we will be able to cover the 2 parks in the 2 days?

Thank you!
Staying onsite completely changes the feel of the vacation. Firstly, you are immersed in everything Universal and you are within walking distance of everything in the entire resort. Secondly, you get early admission to both parks everyday as well as unlimited express pass. Thirdly, there are lots of water rides and it sure is nice to be able to take a break after riding them and change to dry clothing.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,043
DISboards Moderator

You won't need Express passes in late October but as Damo stated, if you can stay onsite do it.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Staying onsite completely changes the feel of the vacation. Firstly, you are immersed in everything Universal and you are within walking distance of everything in the entire resort. Secondly, you get early admission to both parks everyday as well as unlimited express pass. Thirdly, there are lots of water rides and it sure is nice to be able to take a break after riding them and change to dry clothing.
I agree! We'll be at WDW Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, then we are switching over to Universal, where we'll be at RPR Nov 2nd-4th. We plan on taking advantage of early park entry those three mornings, then will go back to the resort to relax at the pool, then will go back in the afternoons, using the front of the line pass. Unlimited express pass is great. We'll also be going to Blue Man Group Friday night and are looking forward to just taking a relaxing rickshaw ride back to our hotel, then Sat night we'll be wandering around City Walk then walking back to our resort. Staying onsite just makes for a more relaxing trip. We'll be rushing at WDW the first six days of the trip, but then relaxing the last three days at Universal.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
tlinus
Proud Redhead
Johnny Depp sexy transcends all generations!!!!
we should have just bagged it
 
tlinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Outside Philly, PA
Posts: 3,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I agree! We'll be at WDW Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, then we are switching over to Universal, where we'll be at RPR Nov 2nd-4th. We plan on taking advantage of early park entry those three mornings, then will go back to the resort to relax at the pool, then will go back in the afternoons, using the front of the line pass. Unlimited express pass is great. We'll also be going to Blue Man Group Friday night and are looking forward to just taking a relaxing rickshaw ride back to our hotel, then Sat night we'll be wandering around City Walk then walking back to our resort. Staying onsite just makes for a more relaxing trip. We'll be rushing at WDW the first six days of the trip, but then relaxing the last three days at Universal.
I agree 10000%

It IS a more relaxing and immersive experience, rent the car to go from WDW to Universal at the end of your trip. You can return a car at portifino bay and the Holiday Inn across from Universal. Or just take a car service or shuttle if that is cheaper.
__________________
tlinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.