Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
stitchandco
Earning My Ears

Bringing Cups

Is it okay to bring your own cups for the drink station? Obviously we would fill our cup with the cups provided. Is this allowed or frowned upon?

Thanks!
stitchandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I know you can bring them. I'd actually love some suggestions on what kind to bring. I keep looking at the typical plastic cup style that comes with the plastic straw. Disney sells cute ones though you can find them just about anywhere. But I'm wondering if they are big enough. I'm guessing they are like 16 or 20 oz
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
BigRed1
If life gives you limes, make margaritas!

I always bring at least a 20oz drink cup. The only time I use their cups to fill, is if mine won't fit under the dispenser... which is most of the time.
10-02-04 Cruisetoberfest III - 7 day Eastern / 10-09-04 Epcot F&WF, PO-R / 10-02-05 Mickey's Thumbs Up Cruise / 10-06-05 Epcot F&WF, PO-FQ / 10-06-06 Epcot F&WF / 10-07-06 Latitude Adjustment Cruise - 7 day Western / 10-11-08 Parrothead Pirates in Paradise - 7 day Eastern / 10-03-09 - 7 day Western / October 2 & 6, 2011 B2B on the Dream! / 10-6-12 Sailing the Ocean Blue 7 day Fantasy Eastern!
“It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here. It balances out the times when the minefield of life explodes.” - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate Looks at Fifty
BigRed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

You definitely can bring your own--just, as you said, fill it using one of their cups.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
stitchandco
Earning My Ears

Thanks! My husband was worried it wasn't allowed. We will be bringing our big Baylor tervis cups!
stitchandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I know you can bring them. I'd actually love some suggestions on what kind to bring. I keep looking at the typical plastic cup style that comes with the plastic straw. Disney sells cute ones though you can find them just about anywhere. But I'm wondering if they are big enough. I'm guessing they are like 16 or 20 oz

Most of the Disney Store cups (and the ones you find in every supermarket, etc) are only 12oz. When you add in the ice for your beverage it doesn't even hold an entire can of soda. You can find 16oz and 20oz cups and having bought several of the 20oz ones at Whole Foods we are absolutely in love with these cups. Some brands are better insulated than others (some aren't even insulated).

The ones from Whole Foods though, we left an iced soda in the car in 90+ degree weather for an hour and a half earlier today. When we went out to the car, there was still plenty of ice in the cup!!
GhostlyHitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

These are the cups I made for our cruise using permanent vinyl and my cricut.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

We are bringing bubba kegs to avoid making several trips to the drink station. Also a good way to make sure we drink plenty of water. Definitely cups are allowed
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Man, yet another thing to consider packing-but do I want to shlep it across the country???? I'm envious of those who drive to port from home! No worries about baggage fees for all the junk you want to bring
Guess I'll just have to find a cruise to go on out of Los Angeles so I can give it a go!
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

I never vacation without a large insulated cup of some sort, those other cups are too small! I also use the papercups to refill mine, no cross contamination that way. On another cruise line I took it to the pool bar for a water refill, and the bartender told me he couldn't refill personal cups, I just asked for 2 cups of ice water and dumped them in myself. He just looked at me like I had 4 heads, but I got what I wanted.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post

These are the cups I made for our cruise using permanent vinyl and my cricut.
I saw those on the FE thread. They are SO adorable! My daughter was jealous of your fellow cruisers!

Oh and we are *definately* spoiled being able to drive to the port. When we had to fly out to FL on our last cruise I shipped a big box to myself. I'm an overpacker/overplanner, but my family is ALWAYS happy when they "forgot" something important that I didn't.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyHitchhiker View Post
I saw those on the FE thread. They are SO adorable! My daughter was jealous of your fellow cruisers!

Oh and we are *definately* spoiled being able to drive to the port. When we had to fly out to FL on our last cruise I shipped a big box to myself. I'm an overpacker/overplanner, but my family is ALWAYS happy when they "forgot" something important that I didn't.
I'm thinking of shipping a box to myself as well. We went to Hawaii for a week doing only carry on bags, so I know a 4 day cruise we can do the same. I figure even a large box will be cheaper to ship than paying $50+ to check luggage.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
maryrego
Mouseketeer

Minnie321 where do i find permenant vinyl??
I may have to copy; those cups rock
April 21-24th 2011 Babymoon CS
Nov 20-23 2008 Disney Cruise on the Wonder
Nov 14-20 2008 ASM, POFQ
Nov 10-17 2007 Family Vacation MK, EPCOT, MGM, AK, US, IOA
Dec 2-9th 2006 Disney Cruise Western Itin Honeymoon
Nov 24 -Dec 2 2006 Wedding Trip WDW CS
Nov 27th 2006 Wedding WP/LS
May 17th - May 22nd Wedding Planning Trip MGM and MK
Nov 25th - Dec 2 2005 US / IOA
Nov 12-19 2004 US / IOA
March 1989 1st Trip MK
maryrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
I'm thinking of shipping a box to myself as well. We went to Hawaii for a week doing only carry on bags, so I know a 4 day cruise we can do the same. I figure even a large box will be cheaper to ship than paying $50+ to check luggage.
These days I'm a bit more confident my shipment will get there even more than I'm sure my luggage or flight will. And you can always send your package early enough that you can make sure (track it) it arrives before you do.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyHitchhiker View Post
Most of the Disney Store cups (and the ones you find in every supermarket, etc) are only 12oz. When you add in the ice for your beverage it doesn't even hold an entire can of soda. You can find 16oz and 20oz cups and having bought several of the 20oz ones at Whole Foods we are absolutely in love with these cups. Some brands are better insulated than others (some aren't even insulated).
The ones I saw the other day are definitely more than 12oz. They might even be new because I've never seen them and they are really cute. I was seeing them in all the shops. I'm guessing they are 16 or 20oz. I'm not sure about the insulation. I'll snap some pics by this weekend. I thought they'd be super cute for the cruise. Just not sure if big enough.

They were pretty pricey too. $19

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: