Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
jdads2
Squirrelly as all heck

Cruise extras for christmas?

Howdie folks, haven't been on the boards for awhile and never on the cruise line forum, nice to be back.

My ex is taking the kids on a WDW cruise in November and I'd like to get the kids something on or for the cruise for christmas. This is the first time anyone in our family has been on the WDW cruise so I am flying blind on what's available.

Thanks for your input!

Dave
Sept. 2002 AKL Concierge
Dec, 2003 PO-R
Oct, 2005 AKL again, love this resort
Dec, 2007 AS Music
Sept, 2009 Riverside
Oct. 2009 French Quarter
jdads2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdads2 View Post
Howdie folks, haven't been on the boards for awhile and never on the cruise line forum, nice to be back.

My ex is taking the kids on a WDW cruise in November and I'd like to get the kids something on or for the cruise for christmas. This is the first time anyone in our family has been on the WDW cruise so I am flying blind on what's available.

Thanks for your input!

Dave
Welcome.....Disney cruises are awesome....but just to be clear....is she taking them to WDW and the cruise or just the cruise? If just the cruise the term "Disney Cruise or DCL cruise" is what you would use. Just want you to be able to get the correct info (you don't need WDW info if you are referring to just the cruise).

Now, to your question....you can find many DCL items at the www.disneystore.com website. Just put in "cruise" or "Disney Cruise Line" in the search bar at the website and you see all the DCL stuff. Actually, better yet...here is a link!!!

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/st...ed%3A1&x=0&y=0

Also, if the cruise is departing from Port Canaveral there is a wonderful shop called "The Perfect Gift" that will design gift baskets for delivery to the ship. You can request anythying to be put in it. There are pics of her stuff in one of the threads I will try to find....and you can find info in the DCL sticky thread at the top of the forum.

I would suggest DCL autographbooks as there are tons of character meet and greet opportunities onboard. Also the cruise vinlymations are cute and don't take up a lot of room and plush Mickey and Minnie are always popular.

Also, if you don't see an item you can buy them Disney gift cards at many retail outlets (and Disney Stores) which can be used onboard.

Have fun planning!!

Welcome to the cruise board!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If you buy gift cards, make sure they say Disney Gift Card, not Disney STORE gift card. Those that say store can be used only at the store!

If you want a surprise to be IN their cabin at boarding, you can order thru DCL or thru The Perfect Gift. Shirley at Perfect Gift will make sure they get exactly what you want. WIth DCL it will be a standard package or gift without personalization.

It's hard to give ideas without knowing ages...for teens, you might think of sunglasses, after sun lotion, etc. if you wanted something they'd use on the cruise. For little people, Disney plush, autograph book, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
jdads2
Squirrelly as all heck

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. They aren't going to WDW. They are doing a 4(maybe 3) night cruise on DSL. I took them to WDW during Christmas a few yrs ago so they are familiar with the absolutely fantastic sensory overloaded display.

I'll check out the link. The ages are 15 18 and 21. I'm pretty sure my 15 yr old daughter is the most excites as my 18 yr old son is reluctant to go and my 21 yr old and girlfriend are just hoping for some place to drink and nap.

Thanks
Sept. 2002 AKL Concierge
Dec, 2003 PO-R
Oct, 2005 AKL again, love this resort
Dec, 2007 AS Music
Sept, 2009 Riverside
Oct. 2009 French Quarter
jdads2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Because of their ages the gift card is a great idea. They are old enough to appreciate it and can use it towards an excursion and the 21 year old can use it toward the tastings on board. Or how about something for Pirate night. I don't know how much they like to dress up if you want to get costumes or just festive clothes. We love the pirate themed clothes from the store Rugby (owned by Ralph Lauren). My brother (age 25) is joining us for our next DCL cruise and we are going to get him a Skull and Crossbones polo for Christmas.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: