Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
Danny K
Mouseketeer

Chefs de France vs Biergarten vs Tutto Italia for Dinner

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 13 years). I am going to disney in 2013 and need 2 of these restaurants to choose from. All 3 look amazing but I can only choose two, and haven't been to any. Can you please tell me which 2 you would choose for DINNER? Also I have ADR's for Mama Melrose another day. So please help me with this (Don't go entertainment wise, just go food wise)?
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Since you've already got one Italian meal scheduled, I would go with Chefs de France and Biergarten. Tutto Italia is okay, but on our visit it was not much better than one of the mediocre chain restaurants in our hometown.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Quin
DIS Veteran

Biergarten has good food as well as the great theming. I would disagree with the prior poster, however, and pick the refurbished Tutto over Chefs. I also prefer Tutto's menu to MM. I'd suggest that you cancel the MM in favor of Tutto, Biergarten, and another ADR. Can't say I really love the food in HS - maybe try an Epcot-area resort to replace the MM meal, since it's the easiest to access. Cape May if you are seafood lovers? Or Captain's Grill for a little quieter environment? Kouzzina if you are feeling really adventurous and like Greek food? Or if you have Park Hoppers and the menu at Chefs really appeals to you, eat at all 3 of the Epcot restaurants instead of 2 Epcot and 1 HS.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Danny K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
Biergarten has good food as well as the great theming. I would disagree with the prior poster, however, and pick the refurbished Tutto over Chefs. I also prefer Tutto's menu to MM. I'd suggest that you cancel the MM in favor of Tutto, Biergarten, and another ADR. Can't say I really love the food in HS - maybe try an Epcot-area resort to replace the MM meal, since it's the easiest to access. Cape May if you are seafood lovers? Or Captain's Grill for a little quieter environment? Kouzzina if you are feeling really adventurous and like Greek food? Or if you have Park Hoppers and the menu at Chefs really appeals to you, eat at all 3 of the Epcot restaurants instead of 2 Epcot and 1 HS.
Well I prefer not to leave the parks to eat. I want a fantasmic package restaurant, and all there is is mama melrose and hollywood & vine. Brown derby takes 2 credits which I cannot afford. is hollywood & vine any better than mama melrose? I have heard H&V is like cafateria food.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Quin
DIS Veteran

The Epcot-area resorts are just a short boat ride from HS, which is why I suggested them. If you are making that ADR only to get the F! package then you are stuck with the choice between MM and H&V. I have not eaten at H&V in many years but most posters seem to indicate it is just a basic generic buffet. As I said, the menu at MM really does not appeal to me since its last major overhaul. If your group all sees things on the menu that they would like, then keep MM. Otherwise, a buffet is safe because it lets people sample more items. I'm sure the food at both is OK, but neither one is generally known for super-great food.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I was most impressed with the food at Les Chefs de France & Tutto Italia. Biergarten was good, but it didnt impress me like the other two did.

At Chefs everything from beginning to end was delicious, the apps, main, & dessert. Incredible! And Remy was super cute.

Tutto Italia has DELICIOUS pasta. I had the lasagna, and it was the best ive ever had. My DS12 had the fetuccini alfredo and it was amazing. (i tried some, so good!).

These two are must-do's for us from now on.

I'd suggest ditching MM for Tutto Italia.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We haven eaten at all 3, but only Biergarten with our 3 ds.

Honestly they did not like eating at a table with strangers. They were polite but not thrilled with it for sure. They didnt want to go back.

We went to Tutto again in May, Just dh and I. Dont like the new menu and we are going back to Via Napoli in December .

Chefs - love it. Have never had a bad meal there. If you can go when Remy is there than that is a plus too.

Good luck deciding
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

On DDP I'd go with Biergarten and Tutto. Biergarten has very good food, and the most fun experience of the three. We went to all 3 on our past trip and Tutto had the best food. It's different from the New York-style Italian at Mama Melrose's, so I wouldn't worry about that. Chefs was only OK by comparison.

If you're not on DDP, though, you may do better on value getting lunch at Chefs, where you can see Remy and it's about half the price a Tutto dinner would run (Tutto is the 1 TS credit restaurant with the most expensive menu at Disney). I do recommend the apple crepes at Chefs for dessert, that was my favorite part.

Next anticipated WDW trip: Oct. 2013
Edgehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I would rank them Beirgarten, Chefs, Tutto. We have enjoyed Biergarten every time, Chefs we have enjoyed the food at Chefs on two of four meals there (I like the appetizers better than the entrees) but we've always enjoyed the restaurant. I don't have a lot of positive things to say about Tutto--there are 3 better Italian food restaurants at WDW.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin;
I also prefer Tutto's menu to MM. I'd suggest that you cancel the MM in favor of Tutto, Biergarten, and another ADR. Can't say I really love the food in HS - maybe try an Epcot-area resort to replace the MM meal, since it's the easiest to access. Cape May if you are seafood lovers? Or Captain's Grill for a little quieter environment? Kouzzina if you are feeling really adventurous and like Greek food? Or if you have Park Hoppers and the menu at Chefs really appeals to you, eat at all 3 of the Epcot restaurants instead of 2 Epcot and 1 HS.
I agree. I'd cancel MM and go to Tutto (for sure!), Chefs, & Biergarten. To see Fantasmic, i'd just get in the standard queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Well I prefer not to leave the parks to eat. I want a fantasmic package restaurant, and all there is is mama melrose and hollywood & vine. Brown derby takes 2 credits which I cannot afford. is hollywood & vine any better than mama melrose? I have heard H&V is like cafateria food.
Whatever you do, dont go to H&V!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I would rank them Beirgarten, Chefs, Tutto. We have enjoyed Biergarten every time, Chefs we have enjoyed the food at Chefs on two of four meals there (I like the appetizers better than the entrees) but we've always enjoyed the restaurant. I don't have a lot of positive things to say about Tutto--there are 3 better Italian food restaurants at WDW.
IMHO, id say Via is on par with Tutto, both are amazing, but it wouldnt be fair to say Via is better than Tutto because Via's shining star is pizza, while at Tutto its pasta. Two totally different dishes. If you want pizza, you go to Via. For pasta its Tutto.

If the other two "better" Italian restaurants youre referring to is Tony's & Mama Melrose, all i have to say is wow!

On what planet would Tony's be better than Tutto Italia? What happened at Tutto that made you decide Tonys or MM is a better option? Im just curious. I personally think Tony's has the worst italian food ever.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 09-10-2012 at 11:21 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
Danny K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
what are the 3 italian restaurants? Tony's, Mama Melrose, and Via Napoli?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

It's funny you should ask this question. We have done Biergarten many times (we are German and so the food is really good to us). Plus having been to Germany so many times, we don't care about sitting with "strangers". That's part of the fun!

But we didn't go last trip, and this trip, I planned for Les Chefs because we have never been there before.

As I sat here over the last few months, looking at our itinerary (over and over and over!) it dawned on me that I was really wanting to do Biergarten again! But I also want to try Les Chefs and see Remy...

I asked DH and he said he'd rather go back to Biergarten since we missed it last trip.

So I went ahead and switched the reservation we had at Les Chefs to Biergarten, but I am still going back and forth! LOL We had lunch reservations for Les Chefs, and I think we would probably able to do a walk up there fairly easily since it's lunch, so I decided I would wait until we get there to make up my mind. I am not second guessing any of our other ressies except for this one. I REALLY want to go back to Biergarten! (We can only do one, no time for both or that would have been the easy answer).
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
Danny K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
If the other two "better" Italian restaurants youre referring to is Tony's & Mama Melrose, all i have to say is wow!

On what planet would Tony's be better than Tutto Italia? What happened at Tutto that made you decide Tonys or MM is a better option? Im just curious. I personally think Tony's has the worst italian food ever.
I guess that poster is thinking of via napoli, portobello, and il munilo, or something close to that name

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: