Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #16
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
ah, French site... I can book over French site, right?
I don't see why not but I've never tried buying airtickets from another country as I can normally get cheaper through sites like Govoyages etc.

Have a look on govoyages.com and see from your local airport to CDG what prices they come up with

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #17
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
I don't see why not but I've never tried buying airtickets from another country as I can normally get cheaper through sites like Govoyages etc.

Have a look on govoyages.com and see from your local airport to CDG what prices they come up with
thank you so much, will have a look
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #18
Isila

I wish I understood French.

Anyone used Austrian airlines?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #19
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
I wish I understood French.

Anyone used Austrian airlines?
If you want any help just ask

Have flown to Vienna with Austrian, no pbs, for a short flight I wouldn't be to bothered by the company as long as it was a regular one. The low cost ones are pretty useless if there are delays in my experience.

Vive la différence
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #20
Isila

Ryanair gives me the best price, can't argue with that, direct, but it's to Beauvais and lands 22.30

Airbaltic has nice price if I fly from Riga, but that's 250km away and it's 9.30 am flight. Direct to CDG.

And then I have Austrian and Lufthansa flights. Higher prices - better service? But those are connecting flights.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #21
Isila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
If you want any help just ask

Have flown to Vienna with Austrian, no pbs, for a short flight I wouldn't be to bothered by the company as long as it was a regular one. The low cost ones are pretty useless if there are delays in my experience.
what this means?

Vol opéré par Tyrolean Airways, en collaboration avec Austrian Airlines
1 bagage autorisé
Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #22
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
what this means?

Vol opéré par Tyrolean Airways, en collaboration avec Austrian Airlines
1 bagage autorisé
That the flight is operated by Tyrolean Airways on behalf of Austrian. 1 piece of luggage allowed (free) per person

Ryanair and Beauvais wouldn't be an option for me one my own with 2 small children.

It's too far from DLP and if there are pbs you are on your own. There isn't any other flights and Ryanair aren't part of a group who will put you on an alternate flight.

Vive la différence
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #23
elstoleno
Mouseketeer

I'd say the early flight. But on my last 3 trips i've had to get up at 2/3am for my early flight anyway :')

We just miss park closing that night (when we go in summer) and get an early night in prep for EMH!

2004 - DLP Daytrip AUG 2006 - Cheyenne AUG 2007 - Santa Fe AUG 2010 - Cheyenne AUG 2011 - Santa Fe DEC 2011 - Cheyenne
AUG 2012 - Santa Fe AUG 2013 - Fairfield Inn, Anaheim SEPT 2014 - All Star Sports Resort FEB 2015 - Cheyenne
elstoleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #24
Isila

this is all so stupid 4 hours waiting... I'll go crazy

if plane lands 11.20 at CDG, would you stay in DLP hotel or spend an extra night in cheap hotel?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #25
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Ryanair gives me the best price, can't argue with that, direct, but it's to Beauvais and lands 22.30

Airbaltic has nice price if I fly from Riga, but that's 250km away and it's 9.30 am flight. Direct to CDG.

And then I have Austrian and Lufthansa flights. Higher prices - better service? But those are connecting flights.
could you travel to Riga the night before and stay overnight there, before taking the 9.30am flight? Is that an option or would that make it too long/too expensive a trip?

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #26
Isila

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
could you travel to Riga the night before and stay overnight there, before taking the 9.30am flight? Is that an option or would that make it too long/too expensive a trip?
I consider this option. But then I'd check in straight into SL. Booking Kyriad would be insane At least I think so. Plane lands 11.20 in CDG. So around 13.00 we would be in parks.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #27
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
this is all so stupid 4 hours waiting... I'll go crazy

if plane lands 11.20 at CDG, would you stay in DLP hotel or spend an extra night in cheap hotel?
You could see what Expedia are charging for room only for that first night for your onsite hotel (or another one)? You have 6 days park tickets included in your package, and I think thats plenty personally. For your 11.20 flight landing at CDG, it will be around 12.30 before you arrive at your hotel. So I'd check in, freshen up, and then go to the Village for lunch (maybe even Cafe Mickey if your children are not feeling too tired). Have a wander through the Village shops etc, and then back to the hotel for an early night (which I'm sure you'll all be ready for after an early start that morning).

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #28
Isila

So you'd stay in hotel in Riga before flight and one more night in cheap hotel...

Confused....

So, SL booked for 20th March.

This means I leave for Riga on 18th, spend a night in a Riga hotel. Fly out on the 19th, spend a lazy day and on the 20th check-in in SL?

I will be spending a night in cheap hotel after our trip too. I want to get full use of our last day, because returning flights are all morning ones.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #29
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

yes, thats what I often do when I have an early flight on a Saturday to CDG and DLP, if its the cheapest option by quite a bit. I drive down to Luton the night before our flight, stay overnight there in a hotel, then fly out early morning to CDG, and stay in a Premier Classe type hotel on Saturday night (because generally the onsite/associated hotels are expensive for a Saturday check-in). Then, as you've done before, check in early morning onsite the following day to get a full day and EMH in the parks.

For me, I balance out the price of this with convenience - so if in total its more convenient, and the price isn't that much more when everything is included, to take a later local flight or connecting local flight and add a night's stay and park tickets to my package, then I'd do that. I'd probably do that anyway with young children, as I don't think I'd want to be taking them to a different hotel each night for our first 3 nights. But I would do it, and have done it, with older children .

Elaine
Old 10-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #30
Isila

I'm thinking that 11.20 landing isn't that bad. If do get into park around 13.00, I'd say it's pretty good.

Hate math. All those numbers and options... But I guess it's worth it, doing all your homework and working out the best.

I do think I'd rather take connecting flight than go for overnight stay in Riga... Moving to new hotel every day might be difficult. Unless the price is really really good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: