Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
SamiGage
Earning My Ears

Cheap weekend getaway ideas

My darling boyfriend is taking me on our upcoming January trip to Disney and is absolutely refusing to take any money from me to help with expenses, so I'd really like to take him on a small weekend getaway to say thank you and maybe to celebrate our 6 month anniversary (although that is secondary.)

I'd like to spend as little as possible (only because I am broke, not because he doesn't deserve all the money in the world) so I was hoping for suggestions of places within 4-5 hour drive of Trenton, NJ that would have some fun touristy things to do. We aren't big outdoorsy people, but we both love fall so being outdoors wouldn't be bad, just don't want strenuous physical activity.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. TIA!
SamiGage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
luckyfin
Coming out of hiding

Maybe somewhere like the Catskills or Poconos? Or go to a big city and priceline a hotel- maybe Philadelphia?

It will be off season pretty much anywhere you can make it in 4-5 hours so you should be able to find some decent deals. Other than not being outdoors, what are your likes/interests and dislikes? That might give us a better starting point.
POR 2011 DD's 1st Trip Pop 2012 POFQ 2013
luckyfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
SamiGage
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfin View Post
Maybe somewhere like the Catskills or Poconos? Or go to a big city and priceline a hotel- maybe Philadelphia?

It will be off season pretty much anywhere you can make it in 4-5 hours so you should be able to find some decent deals. Other than not being outdoors, what are your likes/interests and dislikes? That might give us a better starting point.
Thanks for the reply. We actually decided on Atlantic City because I got a great room rate with my player card and we pushed it back to Dec so we could celebrate my boyfriend's birthday while we are there. I appreciate the attempt to help though!
SamiGage is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: