Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

how long from airport to hotel on magical express?

I'm wondering if someone could give me an estimate of time it takes once you get to the magical express location into the airport to your hotel?
I know busses can make several stops but does that take an hour or 2 hours?

I'm planning on doing a food delivery I have to be present to receive, but also want to hit the parks that day.
Plane lands at 2:45 pm on a Tuesday. I also plan to grab my checked bags and bring them with me to magical express area.

Another question. If I bring my bags to the magical express bus. When i get to the resort, do I wait at the bus for them to be unloaded? I'm wondering how that works?

I was thinking i would be ok if I told them 6pm for the food delievery? Would you think i would be at the room long before that?

TIA
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbergc View Post
I'm wondering if someone could give me an estimate of time it takes once you get to the magical express location into the airport to your hotel?

I'm planning on doing a food delivery I have to be present to receive, but also want to hit the parks that day.
Plane lands at 2:45 pm on a Tuesday. I also plan to grab my checked bags and bring them with me to magical express area.

Another question. If I bring my bags to the magical express bus. When i get to the resort, do I wait at the bus for them to be unloaded? I'm wondering how that works?

I was thinking i would be ok if I told them 6pm for the food delievery? Would you think i would be at the room long before that?

TIA
Expect to be at your resort about 70 - 90 minutes after you deboard.

If you do grab your bags, you will have to wait for them to be loaded and off-loaded from underneath the bus; tipping is expect. If you let ME handle your luggage for you, you don't have to be in the room to receive them and expect them about 3 hours after check-in. Since you are arriving mid-afternoon and planning on going directly to the park, I would let them handle the bags, IMHO.

Your room will most likely be available by 6 pm. Guest Services can accept the food delivery for you while you are at the parks; they have the ability to refrigerate things if needed. You can pick it up when you return to the resort; or call when you get to your room and have it delivered; again, tipping is expected.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA
Since you are planning on getting your own bags, I would budget at least 90 minutes after your plane arrives before you get to the resort. The 70 minute time frame is for people not getting their own bags. You might be closer to 105 minutes.

So, plane arrives 2:45PM, figure you'll be at the resort around 4:30P. I don't think you'd have time to go to a park before having the food delivered.

If you bring your bags to ME, yes, you wait for the bags to be unloaded at the resort. And you tip the driver.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Luggage unloading will sometimes stop during afternoon thunderstorms. Assume one of your bags is misdirected, put on the wrong flight. Do you want Disney to take care of it or do you want to waste an hour online at the airport filing a preliminary claim? I wouldn't waste my time at baggage claim.

Most of the grocery services will drop off your stuff with bell services. Alternately make sure you have a contact phone number for the delivery service (actual delivery person if possible). You can call if you're delayed or if you're running ahead of schedule.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

I have another question

Do u just carry your carry-on bags on to the magical express bus? Are there overhead bins like the planes or do they put the luggage under the bus. Or do things go under the seat

Thanks again. I also found out I don't need to be present for the food delivery. So that is great news.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have another question

Do u just carry your carry-on bags on to the magical express bus? Are there overhead bins like the planes or do they put the luggage under the bus. Or do things go under the seat

Thanks again. I also found out I don't need to be present for the food delivery. So that is great news.
Your carry on roller bags go under the bus. The customary tip is $1-$2 /bag.

There is an overhead shelf which could hold a jacket or briefcase.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
pooch
I feel so special now!!

I bring my carryons onto the bus with me

Not sure why you'd stow them under the bus unless they are the size of those suitcases people pretend are carryons (when will airlines crack down on that?!?!? Sorry, my pet peeve ) My carryons will fit under my legs on the bus.

I would definetely let ME handle your checked bags. Why would you want to spend more time waiting at the baggage carousel?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: