Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #1
indyannamom
Earning My Ears

Help please! What happens when the names don't match...ADR window opens soon

So it's been 3 years since our last trip...and so much has changed!
I thought I had it all figured out, but now it looks like the names don't match..
and I've called 3x, and gotten a different answer each time...
and my ADR window opens Saturday.
THANK YOU in advance if you can help!

Here's the scenario:
My last name (as listed on everything including my license and my disney online profile) is my maiden name with a space and then my husband's last name.

I do all the planning and reservations, so the reservation has to be in my name, not my husband's (according to Disney).

Well, we did that 3 years ago...and despite that the reservation was in "maiden married" everything said the ____________ family, using just my maiden name...which is not our family's last name.

So Disney says to just list my name on the reservation as my first name with my husband's last name (leave off my maiden name) as my ID says both names and Disney says at check in it will just be like not using my middle name... fine

I go to link my (existing for years) disney online profile with My Disney Experience, and link my reservation.... and because the online profile is "maiden married" and the reservation is "married"
I can't click the "this is me" button in our profile without warning messages that I shouldn't do it because it will change the reservation and I should call in...a pain, but fine

I don't know what I did, but the reservation is now linked to my profile...but it's listing everyone (including myself with just my married name) in my friends and family.

So I see 6 names
Me (maiden married)

friends/family
myself with married last name
DS
DD1
DD2
and DH

How do I get myself combined

and how will this impact my ADR's?

ACK...such a mess!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

That sounds exactly how your My Disney Experience account should look like.

It shouldn't impact your ADRs at all. If you make the ADRs under your account, then all of the reservations will be under your name (and usually your first name is all they use). Unless you are on the Disney Dining Plan, they aren't even going to check names of everyone else on the reservation.

I'm not sure when "the ______ family" will be a problem (did you get a personalized card or something?), but if you want to be certain it is not, you do not have to use your maiden name on your MDE account. I was told this recently when booking a hotel reservation. My father does not go by his first name, but by his middle name. We used his middle name on his MDE account, and there were no issues.

Also, you do not have to manage your reservation. There is a drop-down menu, and you can choose to assign the ADR to anyone else in your family.

This is what it will look like when you go to make your dining reservation:

ADR Names by vshingl, on Flickr

The only possible problem that I see is that you're showing up under your friends/family. This might mean that you have two MDE accounts and that you have friended yourself. We also had this issue with my father (he causes us all kinds of trouble ), and I did have to call to make sure that our reservation was set so that his MDE account was linked to the hotel and his annual pass. If it is the case that you have two MDE accounts, you cannot combine the accounts, but you can make sure that all of your tickets and reservations are assigned to the correct one.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyannamom View Post
So it's been 3 years since our last trip...and so much has changed!
I thought I had it all figured out, but now it looks like the names don't match..
and I've called 3x, and gotten a different answer each time...
and my ADR window opens Saturday.
THANK YOU in advance if you can help!

Here's the scenario:
My last name (as listed on everything including my license and my disney online profile) is my maiden name with a space and then my husband's last name.

I do all the planning and reservations, so the reservation has to be in my name, not my husband's (according to Disney).

Well, we did that 3 years ago...and despite that the reservation was in "maiden married" everything said the ____________ family, using just my maiden name...which is not our family's last name.

So Disney says to just list my name on the reservation as my first name with my husband's last name (leave off my maiden name) as my ID says both names and Disney says at check in it will just be like not using my middle name... fine

I go to link my (existing for years) disney online profile with My Disney Experience, and link my reservation.... and because the online profile is "maiden married" and the reservation is "married"
I can't click the "this is me" button in our profile without warning messages that I shouldn't do it because it will change the reservation and I should call in...a pain, but fine

I don't know what I did, but the reservation is now linked to my profile...but it's listing everyone (including myself with just my married name) in my friends and family.

So I see 6 names
Me (maiden married)

friends/family
myself with married last name
DS
DD1
DD2
and DH

How do I get myself combined

and how will this impact my ADR's?

ACK...such a mess!
It sounds like you possibly have 2 accounts that are both being listed, a common occurrence since the switch to MDE was made. What happens is they use both your Disney account (You Maiden Married) and an existing one from a corporation that Disney owns (You Married). You'll want to call the IT department and have those accounts merged and specify that you want it to read You Married (or whatever configuration you desire).

As far as you needing to make ADRs because you made the resort reservation, that's false. There have been many times when I've relied on family members traveling with us to make them, under their account, because I wasn't able to. It also doesn't matter much how the name on the reservation reads as they don't check ID when checking in for a meal.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: