Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
doug74
Mouseketeer

Raglan Road!

I made reservations at Raglan Road on the 22nd of Jan, 2013, for 7pm..

That will be our last night, and we'll be doing Animal Kingdom that day (closes at 5pm).

It was surpisingly easy. I thought it was a huge hassle making reservations, and they needed a deposit, etc..

I wasn't going to do any table service restaurants (we're on the QS dining plan), but that bread pudding dessert looks WAY too good, and it will be nice to have a night out, just the 2 of us.. It won't be very romantic (fairly noisy and busy, I hear), but should be good fun, and I hope Svetlana will enjoy it..

Anyone know how early you have to cancel, if neccesary?
doug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There is no cancellation deadline and no penalty.

Only 23 WDW restaurants require full payment at booking or a credit card hold. Raglan Road is not one of them.
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
doug74
Mouseketeer

Cool, thanks! If we have to cancel I'll let them know, though..

Anyone have entree/drink reccomendations?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

Kevin's Heavenly Ham, the Guinness stew, the Salmon of Knowledge, and the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder have all been very good each time we've ordered them. The fish & chips is lighter than the UK version in Epcot but still has lots of batter. The fish part is light and good but all that fried batter doesn't set too well for me so I only eat some of it. Only dish I've ever had there that I was disappointed in is the lamb shank, way too salty and very dry.

My favorites are the salmon: maple glazed with a thin slice of smoked salmon on the top, very yummy and light enough to leave room for Ger's Bread pudding. I's like no bread pudding you've ever had but it's very rich and filling.

As far as driunks, we are not big drinkers but have enjoyed the Killian Red as well as well as sampling the beer flights. Two beer flights offered, each having four decent sized samples. They also have whiskey flights but I've not tried those.

Enjoy! We eat here every trip. If I remember correctly there is entertainment starting 8pm, and most nights have a step dancer too.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
doug74
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the Salmon suggestion..

The priority is to leave room for the bread pudding!

The reservation is for 7, so that should be timed well as far as the entertainment goes..
Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I agree about the fish and chips. It wasn't bad, but not great. And yes, I love that place too!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
gwmort
DIS Veteran

We just got back and had a dinner there and DW and I went back one evening for some grown up time.

I had the baked cod for my dinner. It was incredibly good, I was just looking for something light, but enjoyed it more than I would have expected, will order it again.

We got the appetizer sampler thing the evening with drinks, wife liked the ribs and I loved the scallops, we could take or leave the rest.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
disnia
Counting the days!

Thumbs up Loved it

We were just there Saturday night. Our honeymoon was in Ireland and this is the only place in the US that we've found a beer called Kilkenny which we loved when we were over there. If you like Celtic music and step dancing, you'll love it. The dancers and band are there every night from six on. If its a warm night, dining on the patio is nice, but you can't see the band.

They give you a brown oat bread with a Guinness and balsamic reduction to dip it in as a starter. It tastes like a honey coated heaven. We ordered the mussels as well, the sauce they were in was awesome. I could have used extra bread to sop it up with. My husband had the fish and chips which he said were fine, but not a big serving. I had the Not Clam Chowder, it was brilliant. Mussels, shrimp, scallop and cod in a tarragon flavored broth with potatoes and celery.

I've been dreaming of that meal all day and even ordered the Master Chef's cookbook. Can't wait to try and make it. We had just got off a Carnival cruise and this Downtown visit was on our way home. Needless to say it was the best meal we had all week.
disnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Love the Braised Beef. I'm with the couple of other people here that thought the fish and chips were just ok.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #10
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

We got the appetizer where everything is on the fork, lol. It was cool. The scallops were too rare for me. But the ribs, wow, best I've ever had! I wonder if they sell a whole plate of them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: