Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Pop or CSR?

For two adults, which would you choose? Pop would give us more spending money, but is CSR worth it for 350 more for 6 nights? What are the pros and cons of each resort? I have never stayed at either.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
1Jackpot
Mouseketeer

I'm not a fan of CSR, so I would say save your money and stay at Pop. While the CSR is beautiful, it has a very "convention" like feel and the food court could be improved, IMO.
1Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

You convinced me. I switched to Pop and I'm booking La Nouba tickets. :-)
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

we stayed at CSR last time, and it was just ok. i opted for POP this time as a first timer.
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Jackpot View Post
I'm not a fan of CSR, so I would say save your money and stay at Pop. While the CSR is beautiful, it has a very "convention" like feel and the food court could be improved, IMO.
Totally disagree, I always liked CSR.. Sure you would see some people walking around in business clothing, but a) I left early in the AM so were pretty much gone before they were out and about and b) in the evening everyone was just dressed casual anyway..

Plus sometimes some pretty cool stuff is there.. There was some ballroom dance thing there one time, it was cool to see all the people practicing and dancing and dressed up..

Plus I just love the buses and the feeling.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

I switched back to CSR this morning. I looked at pictures of the fountains at night and I was sold!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
I switched back to CSR this morning. I looked at pictures of the fountains at night and I was sold!
It is awesome to walk around at night at CSR.. Rix cafe if you would like to have a 'nightlife' place to go.. Maya is nice.. Heard they may have made some changes to pepper market, but always like it also.. Til we bought DVC we stayed at CSR 3 times in like 2 years..
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Ha ha, youre funny. your almost as bad as me re: switching resorts back and forth! BTW the fountains are by the Casitas section. Very pretty!

Quote:
You convinced me. I switched to Pop and I'm booking La Nouba tickets. :-)
Quote:

~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Jackpot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee View Post
we stayed at CSR last time, and it was just ok. i opted for POP this time as a first timer.

~~~~~~

I've stayed at Pop a few times, and i've also stayed at CSR the last trip. CSR is a gorgeous resort. So pretty. We were in Cabanas 8A. What a perfect section to be in! Right across the pool, and right by bus stop #4 (3rd pickup!). Loved it. I loved that you can get QS at the pool and refill your mug. The QS buffet breakfast was wonderful for a QS! Dinner (a la carte) wasnt that great thou. Didnt like the selection. And i dont know what the lunch buffet is like, but i heard bfast is way better.

The bus service was THE BEST i have ever experienced anywhere on disney property. I cant tell you how amazing it was. Literally i never waited more than 5 min for a bus. We were there the last week of Aug btw.

Overall, CSR is a great resort. However, my DS12 & I didnt benefit much from the "extras" to justify the extra $$$ at a moderate resort. We hardly used the pool slide or hot tub. We didnt eat at Maya (TS). Since its just the two of us, having two queen beds isnt all that important. For these reasons, we'll probably stick to Pop (or AoA!) from now on. Essentially what we're paying for at CSR/mods is the nicer scenery. I dont think paying the extra money is worth it if all you benefit from is the scenery. Staying at Pop saves us $$$ and we love the theme. We always have a great time at pop. I cant wait to try AoA next year! We're at the parks all day anyway, so a value suits us just fine. If youre like me, and dont really use all the extra 'fluff', then Pop would be just fine. I'd save the $$$ to spend on other things. Like fine dining perhaps?

Having said that, i think from now on if we do stay at a moderate it will be at POR. Its my very fave mod resort, and the boat to DTD is a HUGE plus. Plus the bike rentals are lovely.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
Ha ha, youre funny. your almost as bad as me re: switching resorts back and forth! BTW the fountains are by the Casitas section. Very pretty!

I've stayed at Pop a few times, and i've also stayed at CSR the last trip. CSR is a gorgeous resort. So pretty. We were in Cabanas 8A. What a perfect section to be in! Right across the pool, and right by bus stop #4 (3rd pickup!). Loved it. I loved that you can get QS at the pool and refill your mug. The QS buffet breakfast was wonderful for a QS! Dinner (a la carte) wasnt that great thou. Didnt like the selection. And i dont know what the lunch buffet is like, but i heard bfast is way better.

The bus service was THE BEST i have ever experienced anywhere on disney property. I cant tell you how amazing it was. Literally i never waited more than 5 min for a bus. We were there the last week of Aug btw.

Overall, CSR is a great resort. However, my DS12 & I didnt benefit much from the "extras" to justify the extra $$$ at a moderate resort. We hardly used the pool slide or hot tub. We didnt eat at Maya (TS). Since its just the two of us, having two queen beds isnt all that important. For these reasons, we'll probably stick to Pop (or AoA!) from now on. Essentially what we're paying for at CSR/mods is the nicer scenery. I dont think paying the extra money is worth it if all you benefit from is the scenery. Staying at Pop saves us $$$ and we love the theme. We always have a great time at pop. I cant wait to try AoA next year! We're at the parks all day anyway, so a value suits us just fine. If youre like me, and dont really use all the extra 'fluff', then Pop would be just fine. I'd save the $$$ to spend on other things. Like fine dining perhaps?
I switched back to CSR because we were able to get a preferred room with a king sized bed so I knew we'd be close to food and have those fountains! It's just me and my fiancé, but we are celebrating our engagement and our 8 year anniversary and Pop seemed too unromantic. Also our main concerns are not having to wait too long for buses and less noisy children around and as a convention resort CSR fits the bill.

Now lets hope I don't change my mind again! :-P
Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

Yeah, I'd probably not go value if it were just my husband and I. They are very kid-oriented.

However, if we go mod next time, it'll be POR. I'm ready to skip all of them and go for WL.
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee
Yeah, I'd probably not go value if it were just my husband and I. They are very kid-oriented.

However, if we go mod next time, it'll be POR. I'm ready to skip all of them and go for WL.
Hahaaaaa I spent a loooong time yesterday trying to make WL fit in the budget! It just doesn't make sense for the price right now, since we're both students, but maybe when we get full time jobs we can make that happen!

Plus, I took Latin American and Caribbean Studies as a minor in undergrad and I'm in love with the decor of CSR. I am such a nerd.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
I switched back to CSR because we were able to get a preferred room with a king sized bed so I knew we'd be close to food and have those fountains! It's just me and my fiancé, but we are celebrating our engagement and our 8 year anniversary and Pop seemed too unromantic. Also our main concerns are not having to wait too long for buses and less noisy children around and as a convention resort CSR fits the bill.

Ok forget everything I just wrote in my previous post. Go for CSR!!! Lol. Since your celebrating youre engagement and your 8 yr anniversary, go for CSR. It is more romantic.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We just checked out of 7 nights at CSR. We've stayed Pop as well, and every level of Disney resort. The beds at Pop are rock hard and we would never stay there again unless they change the beds. CSR is luxurious and gorgeous and the beds are queen size and divine!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy

Awesommmmme!!! We just left a king room, and have stayed preferred there and it is seriously gorgeous! Enjoy and congrats on your engagement!!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: