Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40

MK Parking & the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic

I see the folllowing note on the event page CMNHC

"Parking is complimentary in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Busses will shuttle patrons from the parking lot to the golf course."

Seems to good to be true. Pull up to the MK Parking plaza, park in the golf parking, then take the tram over to the TTC, and Voila! Free MK parking for the day!

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the golf parking physically separated from the regular MK parking? I could even imagine that Disney would set up dedicated booths at the toll plaza, and that after passing through to the golf parking there are barrriers to prevent driving or even walking over to the MK parking and/or the TTC.
JohnneeO is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,736

They have a special lot that they direct you too. I can't remember if you have to have the golf ticket or not, but either way....
It's a lot that is VERY far from TTC and the bus picks you up there. The trams don't go there that day so.....they would probably stop you if tried to walk to the MK and ask you what you thougth you were doing LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40

I do not think you would need a golf ticket to park. I have seen complimentary ticket offers for both resort guests and Disney Reward Visa card holders that instruct you to go directly to Will Call, and then show your room key or Visa card to retreive the complimentary tickets.

So the lot is far from TTC but is it close enough to walk to an active tram stop?

Is there bike parking at the TTC? Maybe we could bring our bikes, and then just bike from our car in the golf lot to the TTC! Lol
JohnneeO is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
I do not think you would need a golf ticket to park. I have seen complimentary ticket offers for both resort guests and Disney Reward Visa card holders that instruct you to go directly to Will Call, and then show your room key or Visa card to retreive the complimentary tickets.

So the lot is far from TTC but is it close enough to walk to an active tram stop?

Is there bike parking at the TTC? Maybe we could bring our bikes, and then just bike from our car in the golf lot to the TTC! Lol
Time to quit trying to scam Disney. Maybe you should just do the right thing?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40

Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.

I am also trying to find out if anyone one this board has had an actual experience with attending the tournament and parking in the MK lot, or if anyone has parked in the regular MK lot to visit the MK during the tournament week. I am hoping these members will respond and provide some insight as to what I might actually encounter.

The 'right thing' is for me to be prepared before I arrive. I would hate to arrive thinking that I could park for free at the MK by using the golf parking, but then find out I could not, or to have paid a parking fee that I could have avoided paying by using the golf parking.
JohnneeO is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
crashbb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.
Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot, to those attending the charity golf event.

There you go, fixed the sentence for you. And, in case you were being serious with your question about "Where's the scam?", that is where the scam is in your proposal.
crashbb is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
katallo
DIS Veteran
 
katallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,944

Parking is free for golf tournament guests. We go each year. It is far from the "regular" MK lot and the bus goes directly to Palm and Magnolia courses.
katallo is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!
 
dudspizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.

I am also trying to find out if anyone one this board has had an actual experience with attending the tournament and parking in the MK lot, or if anyone has parked in the regular MK lot to visit the MK during the tournament week. I am hoping these members will respond and provide some insight as to what I might actually encounter.

The 'right thing' is for me to be prepared before I arrive. I would hate to arrive thinking that I could park for free at the MK by using the golf parking, but then find out I could not, or to have paid a parking fee that I could have avoided paying by using the golf parking.
Tell you right now, this is not the place to be coming to try to scam the system at Disney. The Transportation vets get very ugly when people come here for a way around the system.

If you are going to the golf tournament, enjoy the free parking. If you are going to MK, then pay the fee and move on. It's that simple.
__________________
dudspizza is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.

I am also trying to find out if anyone one this board has had an actual experience with attending the tournament and parking in the MK lot, or if anyone has parked in the regular MK lot to visit the MK during the tournament week. I am hoping these members will respond and provide some insight as to what I might actually encounter.

The 'right thing' is for me to be prepared before I arrive. I would hate to arrive thinking that I could park for free at the MK by using the golf parking, but then find out I could not, or to have paid a parking fee that I could have avoided paying by using the golf parking.
Unless you're going to the golf tournament, it offers you no value.

The "right thing" for you to do is pay the parking fee if you're an off-site guest.
SaraJayne is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport
 
Greysword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: now in Oregon
Posts: 2,106

Johnnee, are you staying off site? If on-site, the point is mute.

Plus, the tourney is for the children...you're stealing from sick children?????
__________________
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.



Greysword is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudspizza View Post
Tell you right now, this is not the place to be coming to try to scam the system at Disney. The Transportation vets get very ugly when people come here for a way around the system. If you are going to the golf tournament, enjoy the free parking. If you are going to MK, then pay the fee and move on. It's that simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Unless you're going to the golf tournament, it offers you no value.

The "right thing" for you to do is pay the parking fee if you're an off-site guest.
To all, I would like to point out that a scam involves deception or fraud, and I am doing neither. I am being completely upfront here. This is a public forum. IMHO, these are legitmate questions, and I would be remiss if my vacaction planning if I did not seek out opportunites to save money.

Look, I appreciate everyone's opinion, and I apologize if what I am trying to learn here has somehow offended anyone. (BTW, I was kidding about the bikes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot, to those attending the charity golf event.

There you go, fixed the sentence for you. And, in case you were being serious with your question about "Where's the scam?", that is where the scam is in your proposal.
As a reminder, the site says "Parking is complimentary in the Magic Kingdom parking lot." That is all; no more, no less.




Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Parking is free for golf tournament guests. We go each year. It is far from the "regular" MK lot and the bus goes directly to Palm and Magnolia courses.
Thank you for the direct reply and staying on topic. Would you please be kind enough to offer more details? Is it possible to walk to the TTC or tram (even if it is so time consuming that it would not be worth saving money on the parking fee)?
JohnneeO is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Johnnee, are you staying off site? If on-site, the point is mute.

Plus, the tourney is for the children...you're stealing from sick children?????
We are off site this time around, I am cringing at the thought of not having the parking pass on my rental car dashboard.
JohnneeO is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,967
DISboards Moderator

Have you ever seen the MK parking lot??? It's huge. And if it's complimentary parking for golf tournament people, then I highly doubt it's going to be in an area served by the tram...which means it's going to be a far out lot, serviced by a bus. And it may not be very easy to get from that lot to an area that is served by the tram in order to allow you to bypass paying a parking fee. You are not entitled to park there if not part of the golf tournament. So, they may very likely ask to see your 'participation proof'.
I would recommend you just pay the daily parking fee.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,967
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
To all, I would like to point out that a scam involves deception or fraud, and I am doing neither. I am being completely upfront here. This is a public forum. IMHO, these are legitmate questions, and I would be remiss if my vacaction planning if I did not seek out opportunites to save money.

Look, I appreciate everyone's opinion, and I apologize if what I am trying to learn here has somehow offended anyone. (BTW, I was kidding about the bikes!)



As a reminder, the site says "Parking is complimentary in the Magic Kingdom parking lot." That is all; no more, no less.






Thank you for the direct reply and staying on topic. Would you please be kind enough to offer more details? Is it possible to walk to the TTC or tram (even if it is so time consuming that it would not be worth saving money on the parking fee)?
It is against board guidelines to discuss ways to circumvent Disney policy. If you can't afford to park, you need to find another way.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
katallo
DIS Veteran
 
katallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,944

Honestly I agree with everyone else. This event is to raise money for sick children. It's why we go every year. Sorry.
katallo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.