Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

We used to do the adult pool on sea days, but it's too crowded and so much smaller on the new ships!

I basically get up and put on a short or capri set for the day. Then change for dinner and that's it.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

The only thing I would caution is bring an extra 2-3 sets of casual clothes to change after the excursion.

I packed very carefully for our cruise and packed for each day : 1 day set and 1 evening set. However I didn't pack enough extras. We would be hot and sweaty and I didn't have a change of casual clothes. Just the 1 set for day and 1 set for night. I did a fair bit of handwashing.

By the way, I brought a long bungee cord, strung it across my cabin, and used clothespins to hang up our clothes. Yes there is a line in the bathroom, but it's small. To fit all our assorted swimwear plus all my handwashing, the extra clothesline really helped.
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #18
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Get up, put on work out clothes. Work out. Shower. Put on new set of clothes (or swimsuit if sea day) & eat breakfast. Take another shower after swimming or returning back from excursion & put on dinner attire. That is 3 outfits a day for me personally.

Yes. It's a buncha outfits!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

1. Shower. Put on casual capris & T-shirt for breakfast. Wear this around ship if on a sea day.
2. If going on excursion. Change after breakfast into capri and shirt.
3. Return from excursion. shower and change back into casual capri/T shirt for the remainder of day.
4. Change into clothes for dinner
5. Sometimes change back into casual outfit if I want to do something after dinner, like walk the deck
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #20
holula
DIS Veteran

I really can't believe how many times people change per day! For a seven night, I bring 1 t-shirt per day, plus an extra (I am clumsy), a couple of sun dresses, a couple of sweaters, two pairs of pants and a pair of shorts, two formal outfits and now a pirate outfit. However I will eat in the MDRs almost every night in jeans and a hoodie, I don't bring special outfits for dinner (except formal night).
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

I get up, change into workout clothes, then shower and change into my day outfit (shorts and shirt) for breakfast, depending on the day, I will change between the day outfit and swimwear many times during the day. I do not like staying in my swimsuit when I am not on the pool deck so I change for all inside activites (lunch, trivia, etc). Then I shower again and change into my dinner clothes. Depending on the night, I might change out of my dinner clothes back into my day outfit or wear the dinner clothes the rest of the night. I'm guessing I change on average about 5 times a day.

For 7+ night cruises, I only bring 2 workout outfits and wash them in the sink each morning and rotate them. I change into the same day outfit throughout the whole day since I am only wearing it for short periods. I only bring 7 shirts and 4 shorts and wash them on the ship. They are all interchangable so there isn't an "outfit". I do bring a dress for every night and for palo brunch.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamnik View Post
your clothes? I am maybe overthinking this!

Yes!!

We have 3 at sea days, and I am thinking I'd get dressed for breakfast, then change to go to the pool?

Sea days @ the pool = a bathing suit & cover-up not a change of clothes to me.

Then change after the pool, then change for dinner? Seems like a lot of changing????

We usually stay at the pool until late then get showered & changed for dinner. If I do leave the pool early then I might just slip into whatever I wore to breakfast for a couple of hours. I always, always re-wear stuff that has only been worn briefly. And ALL bottoms get worn 2-3 times, depending on how long I wore them & what I did in them.

What is an at sea day like as far as clothing goes?

On sea days we like to either have Palo brunch (dressy casual) or a sit-down breakfast in Lumiere's (or Tritons). (Since we've only sailed on the Magic & Wonder those are the only restaurant names I know for a sit-down breakfast.) After breakfast or brunch we usually go to the pool for most of the day which means just a bathing suit & cover-up. If we decide to catch a movie or something then we may just re-wear something from earlier.

Thanks again!
We always do the late dinner and I like to change out of my "good clothes" after dinner so I usually just put on whatever it is that I am planning to wear the following day. I will probably only wear it for 1 or 2 hours so it's not a big deal.

I try to double duty all of my dinner clothes too if I can. I bring solid bottoms and mix & match with different tops. Sometimes I might re-wear a dinner outfit to Palo for brunch. Unless I spill something nothing ever really gets dirty. No need to overpack because of a 2 hour meal IMHO.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
sambycat
DIS Veteran

2-3, sadly.

but i do recycle the “pool” wear/cover ups.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #24
DreamBound23
Mouseketeer

I must say, our last cruise I decided to "pack light" and I missed my hoodie and comfy yoga pants. This time around I will be sure to pack them for lounging around.

4 Night Bahamas Dream Cruise - 11/27/11-12/1/11
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 12/01/12
7 Night Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 04/26/14
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 01/24/15

DreamBound23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
bzkds
Mouseketeer

I, also, felt I did not bring enough extras. We did a 4 night to the Bahamas in July.
Each day, I had a day outfit (shorts/capris and a shirt).
2 swim suits to rotate as needed.
3 sun dresses for dinner, I wore one dress twice.

What I didn't plan on was getting so hot/sweaty during the afternoons and not wanting to wear a dress the rest of the evening after dinner. I didn't want to put on the same day clothes because of being sweaty. I do not like to wear my swimsuit all day and I really wished I had something comfortable to put on after dinner. Plus just extras because there is always the inevitable sunscreen smear/spilled drink/ketchup/etc on my day clothes.

Next summer we will be gone for 7 nights and I will have to do laundry. But I will also bring a few extra shirts and a pair of jeans or sweatpants.
next up: Disney Wonder 10/4/2015

Last edited by bzkds; 10-04-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: edited to add: I had one outfit I wore while traveling before/after the cruise
bzkds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #26
desamnik
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the advice, most helpful..

Thank you all for your input! It really is an issue I don't want to over pack, but I don't want to underpack either.

I know there is NO Way I could get my clothes for a seven night cruise into a carryon. My shoes alone would take up 1/2 of it. I'll need sneakers, dinner shoes, sandals for the pool, Keens for excursions. I don't know how people do that, but they are better at packing than I'll ever be!

It will be helpful to re-wear shorts and tees, thanks for that tip! I'll make sure I bring some casual pants for kicking around after dinner and in the afternooon. A rain jacket? We go 1st week in November. I haven't even looked at what the weather is like in the caribbean then.
desamnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #27
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

I think it really depends on what you plan to do. On past cruises, on sea days, I would put on my swim suit first thing in the morning and then throw on shorts/t-shirt over it or my bathing suit cover-up (which looks like a sundress). I tended to just wear that all day until I got ready for dinner. That is what I am planning to do for my cruise this time with my kids - the less I need to totally change them the better. Only difference is that if they have wet suits on, we will take them off before we eat if we are eating someplace other than by the pool and for naps but we will just put on the same clothes again so I am planning on 2 outfits a day (daytime with a swim suit and nighttime for dinner and shows).
Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
ludari
DIS Veteran

On an average at least twice a day.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: