Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
desamnik
Mouseketeer

So how many times a day do you change...

your clothes? I am maybe overthinking this! We have 3 at sea days, and I am thinking I'd get dressed for breakfast, then change to go to the pool? Then change after the pool, then change for dinner? Seems like a lot of changing????

What is an at sea day like as far as clothing goes?

Thanks again!
desamnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

On sea days, I wear my suit and cover-up to breakfast and change for dinner.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I always over pack no matter how many times I say I won't.

Then I don't wear half of what I bring.

I Usually changed twice a day. Day clothes then night clothes.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
mrsfuzzmo
DIS Veteran

Same for me. I get up (shower) put on my bathing suit and cover-up, head out for the day. After the daytime activities, I head to the cabin to shower again and get dressed for dinner. Stay in those clothes for the rest of the evening. Pretty much live in a swimsuit and cover-up on sea days.
mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamnik View Post
your clothes? I am maybe overthinking this! We have 3 at sea days, and I am thinking I'd get dressed for breakfast, then change to go to the pool? Then change after the pool, then change for dinner? Seems like a lot of changing????

What is an at sea day like as far as clothing goes?

Thanks again!
1. go to gym in am
2. pool or excursion
3. pool after excursion
4. dinner

Thank god for the laundry onboard.

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
sue
love my DVC

If I book a 7 night cruise, I pack for 4 days worth of clothes. I do laundry midway through the week (usually a sea day) and I'm good to go the rest of the week. I can pack everything in one carry on. I roll my clothes and when I get home, I don't have a whole lot to unpack, only having one small suitcase. Less stress, less mess
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

1) Breakfast & clothes for whatever I am doing in the first part of the day.
2) Change in the afternoon after swimming or shore excursions (although if I haven't done either I rarely change out of my day clothes)
3) Change for dinner
4) Sometimes I will change back into my afternoon clothes especially if hanging out on deck after dinner.
5) Change into pajamas

I try to reuse clothes since many times they are only worn for an hour or two, but we have always done laundry half way through our cruises.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan
On sea days, I wear my suit and cover-up to breakfast and change for dinner.
^^^^This!!!!
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue
If I book a 7 night cruise, I pack for 4 days worth of clothes. I do laundry midway through the week (usually a sea day) and I'm good to go the rest of the week. I can pack everything in one carry on. I roll my clothes and when I get home, I don't have a whole lot to unpack, only having one small suitcase. Less stress, less mess
Us too. If it doesn't fit in carry on, it doesn't go on the cruise! Or any vacation really
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Something that has only been on my body for a couple of hours can be re-worn. As to changing, it depends on what my plans are for the day.

Gym--wear "yesterday's" bra and possibly t-shirt and shorts
Shower, and put on clean everything--shorts and t-shirt usually
? change to pool clothes in the afternoon
dinner clothing
often back to shorts and t-shirt or pants and t shirt for evening (depending on comfort level of evening clothes.

This is not something where changing is a big deal except maybe for dressy dinners. It's not a lot different than going from street clothes to scrubs and back again, and that takes essentially no time at all.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

I do bring a lot of undergarments. But that's my preference.

I would shower in the morning, get dress and go to breakfast. If we want to go to the pool or aquaduck, I would go back, change into a swimsuit. When we're done, I go back and shower and change into new undergarment but re-wear my shorts/capris and shirt. Before dinner, we go back and shower and change into dinner clothes and new undergarments. After dinner, we go back and change to shorts/capris and shirt again. Before bed, I will shower again.

So, that a total of at least 4 changes. Unless I did anything strenuous during the day, I would wear one set of shorts/capri and shirt on and off during the day, 4 sets of undergarments, 1 swimsuit (can re-wear for another day before washing) and then 1 set of dinner clothes (also can re-wear for another day), and of course pjs. I usually over pack and tend to only do one or two loads of laundry if needed.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

We have only done MR cruises and it was quite windy/chilly on sea days so we had different clothing needs. But I have a question after reading all of the previous posts about wearing swimsuits all day.... In the Caribbean and Bahamas... Is it soooo hot that you need to spend time in the pools just to survive? I am not much of a pool person and am now quite frankly worried that I will be hotter that heck all day with no relief. We have B2Bs booked in Feb.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san
We have only done MR cruises and it was quite windy/chilly on sea days so we had different clothing needs. But I have a question after reading all of the previous posts about wearing swimsuits all day.... In the Caribbean and Bahamas... Is it soooo hot that you need to spend time in the pools just to survive? I am not much of a pool person and am now quite frankly worried that I will be hotter that heck all day with no relief. We have B2Bs booked in Feb.
No not hot. Just personal preference. We don't tend to spend a lot of times indoors and it's just easier to wear swim and cover up.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

I am the queen of over packing... I normally go through 2 outfits a day.... regular clothes, and the clothes for the dining rooms. I normally pack 10 regular outfits... I refuse to do laundry on a cruise, and someone is notorious to spill something on their clothes.

I pack 3 swim suits.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
acceber32
Mouseketeer

I usually changed 2 or 3 times a day. I would get dressed for breakfast and whatever in the morning, change when we went to the pool and then usually put back on the same clothes I had on for breakfast (if DS didn't get something on me, if he did I'd get something different) and then change again for dinner. I'm not a person who worries about over packing though. I like my clothes and I like to wear different things so I just brought a bunch with me.
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: