Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownFamily View Post
stopping back in...

i have to hand it to you parents who wait until the day before. I'm dying with excitement & am SO tempted to just blurt it out.
I'm going to tell my kids next Friday (yep a full 48 days before the trip, b/c i'm so excited & can not possibly contain myself anymore!!)

i had this great plan involving friends dressed up in Disney costumes. I had access to beautiful costume, but apparently don't any more.

so game plan 2: wrap 3 gifts in disney gift wrap. First: Santa Hat
Second: Airplane (with pictures of the kids flying in it)
Third: Personalized Mickey Mouse ear Hats!

my step mom & kids just came back from Disney in August, so my kids think that's why i've been listening to disney podcasts for about a month now
I tell ya, my kids are clueless. I really can't believe my 7 year old hasn't figure it out. I have been on the phone with Disney making ADR's when she has walked into the room.
anyways, i do love to watch the surprise videos! They are fun & always make me tear up. Be sure to let us know what you end up doing
I'm having a hard time not telling my oldest. He's Disney World OBSESSED. Like hardcore, wants to go so bad that he can't see straight. He has no idea that it's even a remote possibility that he could ever get to go. Eery time I start thinking that I'm going to tell him, I remember my surprise plan and it stops me in my tracks. He's going to freak his bean when were in the car and he finds out where we are going.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebert View Post
5 years ago when my oldest 2 DDs were 3 & 4 we took them to Disney and didn't tell them. They relized when we got there and went crazy. We are now planning a trip for the end of Feb. with our 4 kids 9,8,5,2. I don't know how I am wanting them to find out. I don't know if I want to do the same thing again. With us living in Florida we just get up about 3 and drive. Or I was thinking when we stop for breakfast that morning, have them little bag with goodies in that are Disney related and I am thinking of making them matching Disney Head shirts and giving it to them at breakfast. What do y'all think? Any other ideas are welcomed. I want to make it special, but I know I don't want to tell them til that day or else they will be bugging us about it til them.

Please help! LOL

Also, I was thinking of putting at their goodie bags in a box with a letter from Mickey. Does anyone have any letter ideas for wording. This is just a special vacation trip. It will be our first family vacation were we goes somewhere for more than a weekend!

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Here's how we told our kids (5 & 2 at the time) about our 2nd trip. I told them I had a game for us to play. I created a scavenger hunt around the house with disney themed rhymes with clues that led them to different spots around the house. When they reached each spot there was another clue wating. The last clue brought them to our bedroom. On the bed I had their Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals with a few red and black balloons tied to them. Propped up with the animals was a sign that said "We are going to Disney World in ___ days!" They LOVED it. They had so much fun playing the game and went crazy when they realized what it all meant at the end.

Also, to add a little magic for our trips, I bring some disney themed snacks and maybe a disney video or small toy, sticker book etc. with us in our luggage (sometimes I add to it with a few disney snacks from the gift shop). I keep them hidden in the suitcase and put them out in on the table in our hotel room while they're sleeping. They're so excited when they wake up and see what Mickey brought them during the night. We bring the snacks to the parks with us throughout the week and it eliminates them asking us to buy lots of snacks etc. in the parks.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebert View Post
Just wants to give y'all an update: I think I have decided how I am going to do this. We are getting up at leaving at 3am and just going to tell the kids that we have to go visit someon. When we stop for breakfast I am going to the ask the waitress if she will will deliver a package to the kids (hopefully she /he will) the will be a letter from Mickey telling them they heard they were going to Disney and in the box will be bags for each with goodies to kill time while waiting at the park. What do you guys think?
That seems great! If for any reason the waiter/tress can't help out then you could always try sneaking back to the car and moving the package from it's hiding spot onto the middle of the back seat for them to find after breakfast is over? Mickey could have 'worked a bit of magic' to sneak it there.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: